Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 5-𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒃𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒍!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Homemade 'Elysium' Assault Cannon

homemade__elysium__assault_cannon_by_flu

“The Elysium is a weapon design older than dirt. In fact, depending on what planet or moon you’re standing on, it’s older. To keep it competitive with the increasingly powerful armories of the Big Two and the Tenno, the Scum, pirates, rebels, and colonists that use this autocannon - or assault cannon, as its users insist on calling it - gave it the ability to switch between armor-piercing and high-explosive rounds on the fly. It’s especially popular among the SIF, who - as always - have a weird sort of attraction  to blowing enemies up from the inside. Beggars can’t be choosers, so these are often made from whatever parts its users have on hand.”
Codex

In one form or another, a weapon with the basic design of the Elysium has been a favorite of pirates, homesteaders, explorers, the Vorii clans, and anyone on the fringes of civilization since before the Orokin Empire. Legend has it that an Elysium in a much smaller, more cut-down form was used during the first Technocyte outbreak on Earth, long before true spaceflight. Even the Orokin took notice of its robust frame and reliability, creating their own version in the form of the Avakan series. It even lives on in part within Ganymede’s armories, a massive influence on the ‘Chadam’ autoshotgun.

This current pattern of Elysium is an evolution of that. Originally a shotgun based on the same platform, this particular Elysium boasts a magazine welded together from two, a reinforced barrel, fin-stabilized flechette ammo, and an onboard, heavily simplified, Orokin-derived foundry that can reconfigure its ammo from armor-piercing to  contact-detonated high-explosive.

It’s primitive, heavy, and slow, and it’s almost trivial for the Grineer and Corpus to make something just as effective (with less complex ammunition) in larger quantities. Also, it is extremely heavy.  As the improvised weapons of the Origin System go, the Elysium is towards the higher end.... but only just, at a 7, with 10 being Kitguns and 1 being a shiv made of rusty metal or a flintlock pistol. Stuff that would be hopelessly outclassed by literally anyone else. They're most commonly manufactured by the SIF in former Grineer workshops made in the Iapetan Shieldwall. While the Elysium is made on less advanced, slower techniques than Grineer firearms, this results in an overall more reliable, durable firearm.

Among factions with access to higher tech, the Elysium is seen as a lot of effort and investment for questionable returns. After all, a Kitgun or a captured Corpus or Grineer firearm requires fewer materials to create, is lighter, and has more reserve ammo. Also, the ammunition is harder to fabricate. In fact, earlier versions simply used very large bullets to even have a chance against the shields or heavy armor of the Corpus and Grineer - and they required you to aim for the head or armor weakpoints to do any real damage. The addition of armor-piercing and high-explosive rounds during the Tenno Resurgence finally allowed it to hold its own in combat.

But nonetheless, among the many downtrodden and beaten of the Origin System, (and even some Tenno) the Elysium keeps pace. 

In fact, during Operation Skyguard, when the Grineer attempted to drop the infested Grineer hulk Vorgra on Iapetus’ new capitol, the Tenno Haruka Lorne once referred to it as “the best assault rifle I’ve ever used against Infested.” It’s a statement that rings true all across the system. After all, it’s an assault rifle. With armor-piercing. And explosive.

It’s hard to go wrong with that.

The Ganymedean version is the Vos Armaments KA-39, a version made using advanced polymers that reduce weight and comes with guaranteed electricity procs on impact while using explosive altfire. In gameplay terms, the KA-39 isn’t a separate weapon - it’s a stat skin much like the Brokk.

Let’s be honest. There was no way to make an Elysium non lethal, less-lethal, or anything other than ‘outrageously lethal.’ Plus side, the Corpus and Grineer have made sure I don’t care about that.”
—Yesha Vos

STATS

Shared
Trigger: Auto
Fire Rate: 6.8
Magazine: 25
Reload: 2.8s
Recoil: High
Reserve Ammo: 250

Primary - HV Rounds
Shots have high-punch through. Non-hitscan but high velocity.
Status Chance: 15%
Critical Chance: 28%
Critical Multiplier: 2.5x
Damage: 90
48 Puncture
32 Slash
12 Impact
Headshot Multiplier: 2.5x

Punch-through: 1.0m

Secondary: EX Rounds
Rounds explode on impact, dealing damage in a 3.5m radius. Guaranteed blast procs on impact. These travel much slower than HV rounds. Deals 25% damage on impact, 75% radially

Non-Hitscan
Total Damage: 100

On Impact: 
Damage: 25
     9 Impact
     16 Slash
Status Chance: 38%
Critical Chance: 19%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x

Area Attacks
Damage: 75
32 Impact
33 Slash
10 Blast
Status Chance: 38%
Critical Chance: 19%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Blast Radius: 3.5m

Build Notes

Adding Adhesive Blast to this allows you to add Primed Shred! You miss out on adding Terminal Velocity, but if you want the fire rate bonus, it should be worth it.
This is meant to be balanced against the two higher-damage, low-RoF offerings I’ve made, the Bruin and Fedorova, by its lower fire rate. While it’s .5 seconds less than the Fedorova, this actually is more noticeable because you need Adhesive Blast to make sure it explodes against enemies.

I guess in that case the best-case scenario is a riven that increases fire rate and status, because let’s be honest, nobody’s going to pass up this thing’s chance for 100% status (or Hunter Munitions) in exchange for a flat fire rate mod.

Also, I guess it's kind of like a full-auto Komorex. Which is funny.

Artist Notes

One worry I’ve had for awhile now is: “Am I making Warframe weapons that seem too much like real life?” 

Plenty of them have been pretty close to real-life. The Estampida is easily mistaken for a Chiappa Rhino, the Depezador is just a LeMat, (specifically the cap and ball version because that’s stylish) the Bellatrix is a Luger, the Dynamos are an Automag and Wildey Magnum, the Poyang is a China Lake Launcher, the Avakans are basically AN-94s with full wooden stocks, the Tarvoss is a TKB-022, and the Bruin… isn’t 1:1 but has a lot of similarities with the Browning Automatic Rifle. I’m not really where the Neophytou fits here, as the Neostead (the shotgun that inspired it) is so bizarre that I barely had to do anything. 

(Seriously, google the Neostead. If I photoshopped one and painted it green everyone would think it was a Grineer gun.)

And this is… about as close to “A realistic gun” as I want to get. There’s none of the tumorous roundness of Grineer weaponry, the absurdist boxiness of Corpus weapons, or the old-timey stylings of Tenno weapons. This took a lot of inspiration from stuff that actually exists (and the Vera prop).

But in my defense… well. Anyone that remembers the Zagro (or the improvised shotgun from the last updort) knows I’ve been interested in improvised weaponry for awhile now and wanted to import something like that to Warframe. One of my favorites is this homemade Kalashnikov from Chechnya that had two Dragunov mags welded together. It’s inspired by that, of course, and Vera. Also the Wardog rifle from Spacelords.

I’m well aware this doesn’t fit, but I wanted to make something that appeals to the part of me that likes improvised weaponry. I’m gonna need to do some :thonking: before I make the next one.

...Seriously, you want to know what the biggest issue with making improvised guns in Warframe is? It’s trying to make something that looks futuristic but improvised by people with limited resources, that could believably compete against the ludicrously advanced weaponry of the Origin System. I don’t want to make, say, a rusty homebrew revolver made of scrap that somehow outpaces my Akvasto Prime. That would… not only would that undermine the sense of power, that would also be stupid. At least Kitguns have the excuse of being energy weapons.

Also, here’s a de-lore-ified explanation of this: Think of the Elysium as basically a SPACE Saiga Shotgun that some gunsmith rechambered with a thicker barrel for higher-pressure rounds, turning it into essentially an assault rifle that shoots shotgun slugs. Except the barrel is rifled. The reference to the first Technocyte outbreak is a joke on the fact that an AK-74 was in Darksector.

Realistically, the magazine capacity would probably be closer to 20, but 25 was more fun and gives you the opportunity to fire in short controlled bursts without feeling like you’ve emptied nearly half the mag. I don’t know what the caliber is, though - probably fifty-something, but the dimensions would be closer to .50 Beowulf or a 20-gauge slug.

I suppose I could’ve given it a drum mag but… eh… I dunno, that would’ve felt too normal. Everyone expects something that’d look that way to be an autoshotgun, and then even I would’ve been thinking of the EVA-8…

Also, any resemblance to autoguns from 40k is totally unintentional.

Next one's going to be weirder. Promise.

EDIT ALSO: The Ganymede Skin would look kind of like the KA-93 From EYE Divine Cybermancy... but with a larger mag and some orange highlights. Ignore the ACR below, this was the best picture I could find of the K.A 93 from EYE...

okay, the only good picture I could find.

24e30134a730b2.jpg

UPDORT ALSO: Found better picture of the KA 93.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 2

UPDORT: I just realized I, like... totally forgot to explain who the Scum are. I'll post that later today.

UPDORT ALSO: I'll post it tomorrow. I was busy farming Requiem relics just in case there's a bonus resource weekend in the near future and just forgot.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

UPDORT: Vuhnder Status Nerf

Rounds vanish after bouncing once.

After splitting into 9 projectiles, the status is reduced to 28%... and after splitting into 27%, the status is reduced to four. Seriously, 27 x 37 status? That was... that was an awful oversight on my part. My bad.

Still not sure what the falloff is, but I figure that around the time it splits into 9 it's hard enough to hit anything.

On 2020-05-30 at 1:39 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Grineer 'Vuhnder' Metal Storm Blunderbuss

grineer__vuhnder__metal_storm_blunderbus

STATS

Trigger: Semi

Noise Level: Alarming

Projectile type: Non-hitscan

Fire Rate: 2

Magazine: 5

Reload: 3.75s
(0.65s per shell)

(+0.5s to begin animation)

Shotgun Mode

Damage: 3x243 (729)
                9x81
                27x27
30% Slash
50% Impact
20% Puncture
(The damage numbers change with each shot and it’d be too confusing to write them out three times, I mean good cripes)
Crit Chance: 10%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Pellets: 3 (up to 6m)
            9 (up to 14m
Status Chance: 38% (First 3)
28% (9)
4% (27)
Falloff: 

Bouncer’ Mode

Shared

On Impact

Damage: 30 Impact
Crit Chance: 16%

Area Attacks
Blast Radius: 2m

Damage: 280 
            40 Slash
            90 Impact
            70 Electric

Awright, I put off posting this for long enough.

Vorii Freebooters

"I'm from Himalia. You want to know what happened to my great-great-grandfather? The Corpus didn't just kill his culture. They bought it and ate it. Piece by piece. There's precious few save havens out there - and if we don't stick together, we are going to be orbitally bombarded into dust."
Captain Etsudo Curzon, 85 years before the Tenno Resurgence

The largest organized groups of pirates of the Origin System - the so called Vorii Freebooters or Vorii Clans - operate under the Havenic Code. While it has many commandments and laws, the Havenic Code’s most important rules are:

1. Take from those who deserve to lose.

2. Those who take from independent colonies lose their right to sanctuary.

This expressly forbids pirates from pillaging independent colonies such as Cetus, Ganymede, Mycona Colony, or Iapetus, in favor of focusing exclusively on the Corpus, Duviri, and Grineer. The benefits of those are manifold: In return for not attacking the already-embattled and scattered free colonies of the system and often bringing resources, the Vorii receive safe harbors and a level of loyalty and security that even the Corpus can’t buy. 

There’s also one other benefit, as pointed out by Captain Shiva Dima Kairos: 

“We rop from the Big Two, and the Tenno hat lady pays us. A lot. As in, groundside plot-of-land payment. I’d prefer to keep this arrangement as opposed to having them blow up our ships and clean out our crews every week.”

The Vorii are extremely receptive to working with Tenno, on the basis that Tenno backup lets them survive jobs they wouldn’t dream of beforehand.

Many of them are based on free moons such as Iapetus or Ganymede, or even the vast stretches of wilderness on Earth. Due to Ganymede's prominence in their culture, (Ganymede was a hotbed of crime, due to its Provisional Board being particularly cruel and repressive) many of them bear the Ganymedean accent - which sounds remarkably like a pre-space Afrikaaner accent.

The Palnik

“Pitiful, in their own way. On Ganymede, they can catch you if you fall towards the cracks. But the rest of the system? Corpus space? You don’t fall through cracks, you plunge into canyons. And Grineer space? You’re born in a dark hole with everything forcing you down. But that doesn’t excuse the Palnik for murdering, looting, and pillaging from those who don’t have a pot to piss in. You do that, you're less than nothing - and that's why we call 'em the Scum where I'm from.”

Nora Night

The word Palnik is derived from an Old Earth dialect, meaning “dead men.” They’re the lowest of the low of the system - they’re pirates that don’t abide by Havenic code. Either out of sociopathy or desperation, they steal from everyone - from the most primitive tribals to the Duviri, and they’ll fight for the highest bidder - often the Corpus.

Unfortunately this means everyone, save for some Corpus (who quietly recognize the need for an exploitable class that will do anything for them) is gunning for them.

Unlike other factions, it’s not a truly unified banner. The Palnik - or Scum, as they're often known - is a catchall term for pirates and outlaws, deserters, dirt-poor colonists and refugees, with nowhere to go, addicts, criminals on the run, and exiles who have banded together in a loose coalition. Many of them are addicted to illicit drugs and mutagenic Stims made by the Scum themselves, or those created by the Jovian, Neptunian, and Plutonian drug cartels. 

The Scum use a patchwork of Corpus, Orokin, and Grineer tech, combined with their own homebrewed and dangerous tech of uncertain provenance.

They don’t have the numbers of other factions, so they rely on stealth and decentralization. Using stealth technology copied from an Orokin cache, they use traps,  invisibility, short-range teleports, and bootleg versions of Warframe abilities such as Loki’s Switch Teleport to stand a chance.

While invisible, they have a 60% chance to resist Warframe abilities. Turning invisible removes any status effects afflicting them and allows them to regenerate their shields.

(A/N: "Vorii" is a retcon of "Vrybuda" - because, simply put, not only is 'vrybuda' an obvious corruption of the word 'freebooter,' but it sounds stupid.)

• Like 1

POLL TIME: Should I make a master post of the factions I've added in? I'm not planning on a total overhaul of game lore, I aim for everything to conflict with official lore as little as possible.

...That's kind of unavoidable because Ganymede is the new disruption node, but IN MY DEFENSE, the Ganymede node uses the gas city tileset. But Ganymede is a moon. Not a location on Jupiter itself.

On 2020-06-28 at 3:25 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

POLL TIME: Should I make a master post of the factions I've added in? I'm not planning on a total overhaul of game lore, I aim for everything to conflict with official lore as little as possible.

...That's kind of unavoidable because Ganymede is the new disruption node, but IN MY DEFENSE, the Ganymede node uses the gas city tileset. But Ganymede is a moon. Not a location on Jupiter itself.

Honestly? Whatever feels most right to you suh! I keep my own work in a mental storage unit I reference back to on occasion.

If it feels better to write it out, by all means, do so.

In addition, heck, perhaps to maintain consistency, you could, in your "adjacent universe layout", you could pick another unmentioned minor moon of the world to be the disruption node, while taking the features of Ganymede into account for it's own nodal set?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Unus said:

In addition, heck, perhaps to maintain consistency, you could, in your "adjacent universe layout", you could pick another unmentioned minor moon of the world to be the disruption node, while taking the features of Ganymede into account for it's own nodal set?

I kinda prefer just having the Disruption node as another gas city.  Though I do like the idea of working with more moons...

And funnily enough, I have considered giving Ganymede nodes. I  just haven't been... good at it. Or at giving Ganymede attention.

10 hours ago, Unus said:

Honestly? Whatever feels most right to you suh! I keep my own work in a mental storage unit I reference back to on occasion.

I was more thinking in terms of it being fun to write out, but that works too!

GOOD NEWS EVERYJUAN

I'VE SUBMITTED THE EUSTON TO THE TENNOCON 2020 ART SHOW!

Now admittedly, there's a lot of stuff from this thread that I'd love DE to notice. The Somesha autoshotgun, (it's a SOMA AUTOSHOTTY) Neophytou dual-tube shotgun (just a Neostead) the Tenebrae semi/pump shotgun, the Depezador revolver, (Designed specifically for my playstyle) the Naga gas-seal revolver, the Estampida revolver (Basically just the Wingman Elite), the Cascabel pepperbox shotgun, the Avakan hyper-burst rifle, the Ostium battle rifle, the Zagro sniper rifle, and probably a few more I could come up with if you asked.

BUT:

A lot of those are earlier artwork, especially the Somesha, Bruin, Estampida, and Depezador. I needed something recent and high-quality that didn't reek of my fan wank (the weapons I made for original factions were out) that also felt like something anyone would want. Admittedly, the Naga totally could've made sense here, but...

... come on. 

Who wouldn't want a Tenno assault rifle with an incendiary airburst grenade launcher?

On 2019-11-24 at 7:22 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Euston' Assault Rifle/Grenade Launcher

tenno__euston__assault_rifle_grenade_lau

Tenno Euston’ Assault Rifle

One of the Avakan’s rivals for the Tenno arsenal, the Euston is the first (and, likely only) Tenno assault rifle with an integrated launcher. The launcher in question is the Tenno ‘Equis’ launcher.

The Euston Rifle:

The Euston direct-impingement rifle fires lower-caliber, armor-piercing high-crit rounds. Its high rate of fire is both its greatest strength and greatest weakness. This gives it massive utility as a crowd control weapon, overwhelming enemies through sheer volume of fire.

…Perhaps too much volume of fire.

If ever there was a weapon in this game that you’d want to fire in short controlled bursts, it’s this.  Compared to Avakan Prime, it works much better as a crowd-control weapon than a single-target weapon. It has more rounded stats, but less superlative stats. And less base damage. And less crit.

It does, however, have much better RoF than most other Tenno rifles.

Equis’ Launcher:

The ‘Equis’ is a mid-late Old War-era shotgun/launcher hybrid (and likely ancestor of the Zarr) built to cut down on the materials cost of the Poyang. As it was much smaller than the Poyang, Tenno would frequently saw off the stock and most the barrel to create an oversized sidearm.

The Equis, in this configuration, holds three airbursting incendiary warheads that explode within 1 meter of an enemy.  The initial explosion does blast damage and heat damage.

To cut down on logistical issues and prevent Tenno from being covered in ammo, the Euston uses an onboard manufactory to create munitions for its underbarrel launcher. This unfortunately means it can’t fire as a shotgun, and also means it can’t be manually reloaded. Because of reasons, firing the launcher also consumes one ammo unit from the primary magazine. I have no idea how this works but that’s beside the point.

It takes 3.5 seconds per round to regenerate the ammunition in the Euston’s launcher’s mag. The grenade launcher is a separate fire mode in the vein of the Argonak or Stradavar’s select-fire, not something activated by just tapping the alt fire button.

Regeneration happens within one second of switching back to rifle mode. Speaking of which, firing from an empty ‘Equis’ redirects you back to rifle mode.

The airburst mode, if you’re wondering, is so you can happily add punch-through to the rifle without wrecking the grenade mode. You’ll… get some weird results if you shoot through cover… but overall, I prefer this over the complete negation of adding Primed Shred.

Rifle:

Magazine: 60
Trigger: Auto
Fire Rate: 13
Damage: 26
16 Puncture
7 Slash
3 Impact
Critical Chance: 28%
Critical Multiplier: 2.6x
Status Chance: 24%
Reload: 2s
Ammo Pool: 540

‘Equis’ Launcher:

Magazine: 3
Ammo Pool: n/a
Trigger: Semi
Damage: 400 (NOTE: Impacting on enemies isn’t counted here.)
250 Blast
150 Heat
Crit Multiplier: 2.8x
Status Chance: 32%
Radius: 4.0m
Fire Rate: 2
Rebuild Time: 3.5s per round (10.5s total)

NOTE: Firing from an empty ‘Equis’ redirects you back to rifle mode. 

Artist Notes:

Originally, this would’ve been released on my concept thread alongside a Ganymede update, but… well, my thread has felt stagnant long enough. I felt like I had to do something. Finally getting this out of the way will let me feel happier working on my many other projects, which is good.

I know full well I’m not the only one who wanted an assault rifle with a grenade launcher in this game! I’d just never been quite able to understand how it’d work here. Then I played Borderlands 3, had some fun with Vladof assault rifles, and figured “That’s perfect!” The airburst mechanic is, as mentioned earlier, meant to cut out some of the issues that would naturally arise from how many of us build assault rifles in this game.  

Fun fact: The rifle is built on the Brickwurx Red Ryd-AR rifle. Yes, a lever-action AR-15 exists. Weird, huh?

• Like 2

On 2020-06-30 at 5:41 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

GOOD NEWS EVERYJUAN

Now admittedly, there's a lot of stuff from this thread that I'd love DE to notice. The Somesha autoshotgun, (it's a SOMA AUTOSHOTTY) Neophytou dual-tube shotgun (just a Neostead) the Tenebrae semi/pump shotgun, the Depezador revolver, (Designed specifically for my playstyle) the Naga gas-seal revolver, the Estampida revolver (Basically just the Wingman Elite), the Cascabel pepperbox shotgun, the Avakan hyper-burst rifle, the Ostium battle rifle, the Zagro sniper rifle, and probably a few more I could come up with if you asked.

BUT:

A lot of those are earlier artwork, especially the Somesha, Bruin, Estampida, and Depezador. I needed something recent and high-quality that didn't reek of my fan wank (the weapons I made for original factions were out) that also felt like something anyone would want. Admittedly, the Naga totally could've made sense here, but...

... come on. 

Who wouldn't want a Tenno assault rifle with an incendiary airburst grenade launcher?

Luck be with ya suh! Opportunity knocks, and we'll see if Digital answers!

At the very least, the weapon has at least some differentiation to it compared to, say, the pre-existing grenadier weapon that is the Corinth. Mayhaps it could be accepted as part of a "nade family"?

Heh, underslung pistol, underslung sniper rifle, wonder how many different breeds of grenade could be implemented for said theoretical family without copying one another?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Unus said:

At the very least, the weapon has at least some differentiation to it compared to, say, the pre-existing grenadier weapon that is the Corinth. Mayhaps it could be accepted as part of a "nade family"?

Which is funny, cause the Corinth was actually a big inspiration while drawing this. 😛

23 minutes ago, Unus said:

Heh, underslung pistol, underslung sniper rifle, wonder how many different breeds of grenade could be implemented for said theoretical family without copying one another?

Not sure I'll do the sniper rifle there (because Snipers are so dependent on zoom and II'm not sure I want to restrict it to only one, but hey - it works in Borderlands!) but it's funny you should mention that, because I actually was planning for the launcher to be made into its own standalone thing that can function as a shotgun and a grenade launcher. Like a Zarr pistol!

I just totally forgot about it for awhile.

I wonder what I could do for the sniper rifle in that family. There's also a pistol I'm planning on with an underslung launcher, but I haven't gotten around to that one yet.

9 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Which is funny, cause the Corinth was actually a big inspiration while drawing this. 😛

Not sure I'll do the sniper rifle there (because Snipers are so dependent on zoom and II'm not sure I want to restrict it to only one, but hey - it works in Borderlands!) but it's funny you should mention that, because I actually was planning for the launcher to be made into its own standalone thing that can function as a shotgun and a grenade launcher. Like a Zarr pistol!

I just totally forgot about it for awhile.

I wonder what I could do for the sniper rifle in that family. There's also a pistol I'm planning on with an underslung launcher, but I haven't gotten around to that one yet.

The "sniper" part actually gave me an idea on my end that I might add to my currently enormous pile! Or, rather, refreshed an old design that may or may not work.

Luck be with you on your own pieces sir! Even in my agonizeing dormancy, watching my poor Pit wallow in sick "bumpitude" I'm still here to cheer your work on, surpassing my own beyond anything I could have thought possible beyond the ken of folks like Silvabones!

On 2020-06-30 at 6:41 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

OOD NEWS EVERYJUAN

Good luck. Hope you get featured. 

Btw I did not see any rulea for what type of content aplies. Are warframe concepts within the rule ( the art work for them )? Not the artist here but if they do apply I should advice masternomad to subit his art. He has drawn like 4 warframes.

2 hours ago, keikogi said:

Btw I did not see any rulea for what type of content aplies. Are warframe concepts within the rule ( the art work for them )? Not the artist here but if they do apply I should advice masternomad to subit his art. He has drawn like 4 warframes.

I don't think there were guidelines for that. It was just "submit art" and I was all like "okay"

3 hours ago, Unus said:

The "sniper" part actually gave me an idea on my end that I might add to my currently enormous pile! Or, rather, refreshed an old design that may or may not work.

Luck be with you on your own pieces sir! Even in my agonizeing dormancy, watching my poor Pit wallow in sick "bumpitude" I'm still here to cheer your work on, surpassing my own beyond anything I could have thought possible beyond the ken of folks like Silvabones!

I can assist with that 😛

IN THE MEANTIME THOUGH

?? ‘Object 45-I-98’ Shotgun

_object_45_i_98__plasmoid_shotgun_by_har

error

_object_45_i_98__plasmoid_shotgun_by_flu

“Anti-shield [PLACEHOLDER: SHOTGUN] uses magnetic fields to fire a burst of phasic projectiles that cause explosive subatomic fusion upon breaking a shield. Origin unknown. All attempts at disassembly have failed. Object 45-I-98 was discovered [ERROR]. [ERROR]”

Codex

Error.

Defaulting to first record of-

Reestablishing…

Retrieving Record 45-I-98...

Tenno Haruka Lorne (Fluffywolf36): “So, we’ll be in close quarters for this one on a new-model Anyo Corp Battleplate. Yassin will be running fire support with his Prisma Gorgon, and I brought my special Sobek. Yassin, what did you pack?

Tenno Yassin: “Read ‘em and weep, boys.”

Tenno Ginebra: “Oh damn. What is that?”

Fluffywolf36: “Never seen anything like that…”

Tenno Thane: “…Okay. What is that.”

Yassin: “Honestly? I was hoping one of you could tell me. I was out with Vinge and some SIF fighters, clearing ghouls in the Navar Cannon batteries on the Ridge, and I just…. found this in a Grineer storage room. It was a mess. They had Iapetan pottery from the Quorum Era end-to-end with Riddhan furs, and a pile of rust that would’ve been from some Iapetan resistance movement before the Orokin, and a pile of rust that I think used to be an Elysium. I found this between a Tenebrae and a Tiberon from Martialis Armory. Vinge said I could take what I wanted, so…”

Ginebra: “So that’s why your Railjack has so much pottery on it.”

Fluffywolf 36: “Was there any information on it?”

Yassin: “Not a word.”

Fluffywolf36: “Grineer archeologists? Huh. I’ve broken into their files on the plains, and they are…”

Thane: “Mournful. Their records are mournful. You think the treasure hunters from the Plutonian academies are bad, Grineer are worse in every way. It’s like using a machete to butter your khachapuri. It will go wrong.”

Fluffywolf36: “We’ll ask for Vinge’s help tracing it later. Will it be good against Corpus?”

(Yassin smirks)

Yassin: Oh, I think after you see it, it’s really going to blow up.

[OPERATION COMPLETED]

[COMPILING…]

[RETRIEVING TENNO ALLIANCE RESEARCH DIVISION NOTES

STATEMENT: Dr. Loos Kanageyan

PHD, Snidge University

Kronia Relay Archaeo-Tech Recovery Laboratories]

Report 020200602 Object 45-I-98: 

Log begins. As the Saturn system is a site of former Orokin industry and trade, Kronia Relay’s Recovery Labs are in a unique position to recover the Origin System’s lost history. I’m grateful beyond measure to Vinge and other SIF members for taking Iapetus, [DATA CORRUPTED] benevolent kidnappers who are definitely not forcing me to write this at gunpoint-

-That was a joke, Atlan! You know I love you and Haruka. She and Thane always bring the best artifacts. 

Seriously, most Corpus don’t live long enough to retire. No, that’s not aimed at you or any other Tenno. Signing up for a position of any worth is basically consenting to have some niner attempting a gunpoint promotion, or a suit on a power trip making you choose between short-term profit and the truth. Also at gunpoint. Or being dragged off to the Riddhan ruins to find the Treasure of Karishh, as some Tenno chases you at gunpoint, all while the other two are also holding you at gunpoint. All of which have happened to me. The Relay doctors said I was at risk for a massive, once-in-a-generation coronary because of the sheer stress.

But anyway. I’m grateful beyond measure to my benevolent kidnappers because now I can finally examine archeological sites without being forced at gunpoint to turn a profit.

However, sometimes we get mystery items like Object 45-I-98. It’s not often that we find artifacts that are not just Orokin, but untraceable. But it does happen. 

We’ve designated it Object 45-I–98. This.. shotgunlike? I guess it’s a shotgun, anyway, but it was designed by parties unknown with the express intent of breaking shields. It fires a spread of eight energy spheres similar to plasmoids, which explode on impact with any surface. Each one radiates energy around them - think of them as kind of like tiny Plasmor projectiles.

It appears to fire in two-round burst - the first shot fires four spheres, while the second fires the remaining four. Upon breaking a shield, these spheres violently explode, dealing magnetic damage. It's damn near useless against "serious" armor like on the Grineer, but whoever built this really didn’t like Corpus. You reload it kind of like a Tigris - you break it open, then place the magazine directly inside. The magazines are meant to be easily built at any foundry.

Typically, these are acquired by Tenno in bits and pieces. Upon attaching the barrel to the heat sink, they nanomechanically bond and become inseparable. Examination of these parts has proven fruitless - many of them explode upon attempts at disassembly. These have some commonality with Orokin prime weapon parts and reports exist of a similar anti-shield Sentient weapon,but it’s very clearly not from either faction.

The aesthetic - these angles and planes - suggest another faction or group with advanced technology. We can’t find any similar techniques, and only Dziewanan weaponry and Vos Armaments weaponry similarly use magnetic fields. The projectiles, the creation of something that specifically detonates shields… My first guess was Dziewana, but there’s a number of things about that which don’t make sense.

1. Their weapons are usually made to superheat or irradiate. 45-I-98 was meant to disrupt shields and cause an immediate reaction.

2. Safety mechanisms - Dziewanan weapons fundamentally have the bare minimum of safety mechanisms, for the sake of efficiency and effectiveness, while 45-I-98 has a much more robust cooling system. It won’t overheat or burn you through your lightsuit.

3. Building Techniques - While this does seem like something the Dzies would do, their Foundries - or Fabricators in the local dialect - print them in sheets for easy assembly, resulting in their peculiar slab-sided, brutalist look. Examples of 45-I-98, however, are not. This appears to have been built as a scaffolding around a power core of some kind. It’s possible this has a common ancestor with their weapons, but so many techniques are different. 

4. Anti-Tampering Mechanisms - Dziewannan soldiers have a specially-made multitool keyed to Dziewannan genetic markers and [REDACTED] used for disassembly. Upon disassembling a weapon without this, the weapon overheats and melts its sensitive components into slag. Going off what Gazrov said, equipping their soldiers with weapons that could be exploded any time was too unsafe. But whoever built this… no, they had no such compunctions.

5. Age - Dziewanan weapons are relatively new, dating back to the tail end of the Second Expansion Era. But we carbon-dated it to [DATA CORRUPTED]

This latter point places it it in just the right window for one of the Thaw Cultures that arose before the Unification Eras.

A fascinating period of time, the Thaw Cultures. While many cultures such as the Ostrons and Corpus refer to the loss of the Orokin as a tragedy, there are just as many such as  the Arbiters of Hexis, some Ganymedean cultures, the Grineer, Iapetans, and especially Bidanian Theists,  who celebrate their fall.  In fact, the term comes from the Theists. Bidanian Theists were so persecuted and tormented by the Orokin that they fled past Pluto to the tiny asteroid of Bidan, and they refer to the Orokin Era as the Long Winter. And so they compare the era of settlement, freedom, and rediscovery predating the Grineer and Corpus to spring. Thus, Thaw Cultures.

The Thaw Cultures, often isolated from former trading partners, developed their own tech bases. Assuming they survived. Many examples of esoteric weapons such as the baan or yarritusk survive from this era, and it’s a pleasure to find another one because so little information exists. So many of the Thaw cultures are lost to the march of Corpus or Grineer - the early Corpus were extremely bad at recording accounts of the cultures they bought and spent. Even now, the SIF academics forming Iapetus University have discovered a Thaw Culture that predates the Ring Coalition the Grineer destroyed.

I’d be content for this to be a relic of a lost Thaw culture, even if I hadn’t found any other examples of it. It’d be just another mystery in the Origin System. But there’s one flaw with this theory: the parts Tenno seem brand new. And their discovery coincides with Tenno Yassin discovering it in the Iapetus Ridge fortifications.

Where are they coming from? Are the creators somewhere out there? 

Dr. Kanageyan, 

Tenno Alliance.

ADDENDUM:
 the Codex file we’ve written on it keeps getting data corruption events. Fine, we’re using millennia-old technology we don’t know how to reproduce. But the Lotus and Tenno have access to some of the best computational equipment in the systems. But [DATA CORRUPTED] five times as often [DATA CORRUPTED] statistical average. Griza has been [DATA CORRUPTED]

(O̶H̶ ̶C̶O̶M̶E̶ ̶O̶N̶)

...some kind of anti-informational technology, like a smaller-scale Scrambler. I don’t know if I believe that, as this technology seems far outside the realm of possibility, but I’ve had too many issues archiving this to press my luck. Thankfully, Archivist Yondan Simmis is in the process of transcribing it using pen and paper. I’m HOPING no technology exists that can be that effective, otherwise - knowing the Orokin - it would’ve killed all of us, destroyed the written word, and given us all brain damage.

...they couldn’t do that, right?

Dr. Kanageyan.

STATS
Ammo: Shotgun
Trigger: Burst
Fire Rate: 3
Magazine Size: 10
Reload Time: 2.2s

Normal Attacks
Total Damage: 260(x2)
Radiation: 124
Impact: 86
Slash: 50
Pellets: 4
Burst Count: 2
Critical Chance: 15%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 30%

Area Attacks
Total Damage: 300 Magnetic
Critical Chance: 16%
Critical Multipler: 3.0x
Status Chance: 48%
Blast Radius: 4.0m

Artist Notes

Object 45-I-98 is so mysterious that even I have no idea who made it. 

Mardin of Chatzuk was a massive inspiration on this - there’s quite a few Exotics he’s written up on his blog that make light of how profoundly inexplicable they are, such as the writeup on the Eon Drive. This paragraph sticks out to me:

“The hell you mean, ‘couldn’t say’?”
“I mean I couldn’t say where it came from if I wanted to… Oh, here it is.”
“What the hell does that mean? Thing fell out a Vex portal into your garage?”
“Maybe not far from the truth… but no. I found it in storage on Mars.”
“Up around those Clovis Bray parts what opened up?”
“Yep.”
“I thought BrayTech stuff was supposed to be real slick.”
“This ain’t BrayTech.”
“Oh no? Then what the hell is it?”
“Buddy, when I have a damn idea what the hell it is, I’ll make sure you’re the first to know.”

I wanted to make a weapon that wasn’t just a mystery, but was inexplicable. Something so bizarre, so divorced from Warframe’s aesthetics, that even I had no idea who made it. The Thaw Cultures, if you’re wondering, are a reference to the Spring Cultures from Mortal Engines, a catchall term for the cultures that arose after the apocalyptic devastation of the Sixty Minute War.

We don’t know much about them. Same for Warframe’s non-Grineer and non-Corpus cultures - for a long time, these were only vaguely hinted at. I’m told some of us didn’t even know that cultures beside those two even existed back during the Gradivus Dilemma. To this day, Warframe has still made missteps at that. We know the Mycona exist, we know the Solaris and Ostrons exist, and we know that there’s plenty of colonies out there trying to keep out of the way of the main plot, but overall Warframe’s universe has had trouble establishing that other people live in it - or even what life in the Corpus is like.

...Though to be fair, the latest Nightwave has been making strides towards that. I’ve had some issues, but overall I still feel like this is the best Nightwave. At least it’s interactive. At least I get to see the journal of some random guy.

The Thaw Cultures are a way to continue that and further establish that yes, other people live in the Origin System.

The shield-exploding gimmick came from how lasers apparently cause shields to explode in Dune (A major influence on Warframe). This would probably be more useful in, say, Borderlands, but it’d be unique, niche, and fun, so why not.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I don't think there were guidelines for that. It was just "submit art" and I was all like "okay"

I can assist with that 😛

IN THE MEANTIME THOUGH

Hm. . . I wonder if they may like to take the design you had given me for the Trokar, winning you a victory whether your rifle did so or not? If nothing else, I'd love to try, with your permission.

Also, well hallo funky stranger, allow me to dip into it while the rush of excitement for my upcoming design finally coming along finally kicks in.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . I wonder if they may like to take the design you had given me for the Trokar, winning you a victory whether your rifle did so or not? If nothing else, I'd love to try, with your permission.

Can't hurt to try it. Besides, fundamentally the Trokar is yours. 

13 minutes ago, Unus said:

Also, well hallo funky stranger, allow me to dip into it while the rush of excitement for my upcoming design finally coming along finally kicks in.

really hope that Object 45-I-98 provides a lot of enjoyment for you! I also hope that Mardin Of Chatzuk (the biggest inspiration for it) inspires you as well.

On 2020-07-03 at 12:07 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

?? ‘Object 45-I-98’ Shotgun

_object_45_i_98__plasmoid_shotgun_by_har

“Anti-shield [PLACEHOLDER: SHOTGUN] uses magnetic fields to fire a burst of phasic projectiles that cause explosive subatomic fusion upon breaking a shield. Origin unknown. All attempts at disassembly

Shield gatting does make this gimick usefull if it goes off right after the end of gate. Gameplay aside, about the visual these are quite outside the usual aesthetic but it would fit in with proper support.

While you're waiting for the pistol ART DUMP™ or the next part of the Umbral Ayatan Quest, (which is probably coming soon, I only have like... 20-30% of the pistols done) here's a quick concept I scratched out for an add-on to the Orb Vallis:

Orb Vallis Expansion: Ventura Capitalism

Adds two new locations to Orb Vallis!

Orb Vallis Visitor's Center

SCRIPT:

*OBNOXIOUSLY POSITIVE SYNTHWAVE PLAYS*
Nef Anyo: "Come one, come all, and behold what I have built in profit's name! Investors, workers alike..."

(Various dioramas of Solaris working flash by. They're intercut with static You see one SOLARIS standing, waving as unenthusiastically as possible, next to a screen. Text flashes on the screen. It reads "I am in hell, help me" in Solari language. Eventually we settle on NEF, or an actor resembling him, trundling - yes, trundling past the dioramas. You don't see his feet moving.)

NEF ANYO: "our friendly, devoted Solaris workforce are always willing to lend a hand to those in need. Isn't that right, ah... MORSE?"

*Anyo points to that same Solaris from earlier. We see that surprisingly, he has a normal human head and - while wearing Solaris garb - doesn't carry his head in his chest. He does, however, have prosthetic legs below the knees like a Solaris and one prosthetic arm.1)

MORSE: (Amazingly dully) that is correct."

NEF: "MORSE generously accepted this job working in the Orb Vallis visitor's center, helping to-"

(*MORSE reaches behind ANYO. The words "End My Suffering" appear in Solari language on a screen behind them*)

NEF: "bring to all of you joy, the knowl-"

*Static, distortion*

NEF: "marvels of the history of the Orb Vallis. Learn how-"

*More static, distortion*

NEF: "This once-hellish, storm-ravaged land became-"

*Static*

(A picture of Deck 12's entrance shows up on screen. The music cuts out. It's silent for five seconds as we see Deck 12. The camera gradually focuses on a hand poking out from the snow. Exploiter Orb walks past.)

Vox Solaris: "A graveyard for thousands of Solaris. Every now and then, plowing the roads, we find another spent rig left in the open for its joints and actuators to freeze.

NEF: "-soon to be a garden rivaling Earth or Ganymede, as we recycle the Coolant and expand its borders day by day!"

(*NEF stands in front of a mural depicting his vision of a new Venus*)

corp_bg_06_a.jpg

NEF: "And by profit, it shall be a boon unto all Corpus. A new garden, a new, beautiful planet for us that will give us our strongest foothold yet in the Inner Planets.

*Static*

VOX SOLARIS: "-A garden fertilized with the blood of Solaris, or at least those who still have blood left to give. With each payment, each repo, NEF takes more from us. They take our legs, they take our arms, our eyes. We're nought but machinery to him. We, Solaris United, are something less than dead to Anyo, for the dead are given more respect."

*Static*

NEF: "-our ever-helpful, ever dutiful Solaris workforce."

*The Camera pans to a Solaris custodial worker. They flinch as the camera focuses on them, taking on a defensive posture.*

NEF: The new Venus shall be a monument to their bravery, their efforts-

VOX SOLARIS: "A monument to human suffering. Every single thing about the Orb Vallis is soaked in blood. A father killed by a taskmaster's Galvacord for blinking inappropriately. A son who's lost all but his legs to taxmen. A mother who loses her head for any reason or for no reason at all. A sister who drowns and freezes and suffocates all at once as she falls into a coolant lake, and none can rescue her for fear of beatings, so a brother takes his torch and welds a new wall into place. Even if he could turn off his audio receptors, he would still hear her. The daughter who takes personal attention from the overseer, day by day, her rig impassive as she screams inside but continues because she knows it makes her life even a hair easier. The youngin who digs through the rock of Venus, hits an aquifer of coolant, and finds himself running for his life from the wall of freezing viscosity, and as he rushes for the canal, he hears a Corpus overseer scream "Forget the men, save the peaveys2!"

VOX SOLARIS: "These and hundreds more are the price of the Orb Vallis. And Nef spends this currency as if it were coppers. This so-called museum isn't even a monument to them - it's the gloating of a bloviating narcissist that sees himself as God. He does not regret spending what is not even his to begin with - he revels in it."

VOX SOLARIS: "Tenno, if you are listening, destroy this temple to arrogance. And if you have a mouth to do so, smile as you do it."

1. This is important later.

2. This is an actual quote  from New England timber baron George Van Dyke.

LORE

The Orb Vallis Visitor Center is a new addition to the Orb Vallis Spaceport, complete with interactive displays that are at least 45% accurate, telling the rough story of how Anyo Corp founded the Orb Vallis, and its history. It's staffed by Harrix, a Solaris custodian left homeless after the Eris Evacuation, and Morse, a Solaris with a rare genetic defect that makes him unable to be modded the same way as others.

When an Orb Vallis bounty involving this place comes up, the following dialogue will play:

Eudico: "Nef Anyo.... always so click to put himself on a pedestal and take himself to church. He's built.... ugh, a visitor's center... at the spaceport. Featuring pictures of how he plans to develop the land. His own bastardized history."

Biz: "The sumpers have a theory - that the suits WANT him gone. Honestly, it’s hard to blame them. So Nef’s dealing it the same way he always does - aggressive puff pieces.

Eudico: “speaking of which, the hammerheads say it’s a bit of a mess. The port was built for freight first, passengers second.”

Upon entry, you'll find various Corpus milling around, welding things into place. There's various dioramas using functional surplus Solaris rigs, which - to the horror of SU - are actually functional, despite how much Nef gouges them for parts. These dioramas include a sanitized look at the work Solaris do (featuring the song "We all lift together" being whistled), a diorama about the discovery of the Orb Vallis, a diorama glorifying the Deck 12 Massacre with captured Kitguns on display and demonizing Solaris United, a taxidermy exhibit on the flora and fauna of the Orb Vallis, a model of the secret railroad under the Orb Vallis, and a diorama that shows various weapons and robotics research conducted in the Orb Vallis.

Each one has narration from Drusus Leverian. Think of it as kind of like the Hyperion Hall of Heroism.

It's an option to "Capture" the museum and acquire bounties from Harrix and Morse.

"Guess you're wondering about the face then, aye? Well, thanks to auld da' getting the coldstick, I've got the the Paraplex, glinty. Otherwise known as the Null-neck. No mods, no headbox, no nothing, so I'm chained to a desk in this house of horrors. Got Harrix, leastways."
--Morse

There’s three mission types centering around the museum:

1. Mayhem - destroy as many things as possible to draw out a Corpus target.

2. Ransack - steal the Solaris rigs from the displays.

3. Vandalize: find various terminals and upload the Solaris version of history.

Here's an example of how Vandalize can change the dioramas. The original diorama would say this...

Drusus: "Years ago, the Orb Vallis wasn't even a dream for the most powerful Corpus. It all began with an Anyo Corp military research ship, the Profitic Dream, which was meant to harvest the rare isotopes and elements in the Venusian storms. On a voyage from the habitable peaks of Northern Venus, the scanners picked up a large reserve of Orokin tech - a bounty of unclaimed coolant towers and Orokin terraforming apparatuses more advanced than anything yet discovered.

Immediately, the Profitic Dream anchored itself above what would become the Orb Vallis in due time, and sent Solaris  labor-strain humans to begin activating the tower. The temperatures of Venus were too dangerous even for these hardy few, and it soon became clear that a new solution was needed."

(A holo-map of the typical Fortuna deck appears)

Thus, the city of Fortuna was built - providing Solaris workers a safe place to sleep, and allowing for discovery of Orokin artifacts in the event of expansion."

While the Solaris version is this:

Vox Solaris: "It's certainly true how the Orb Vallis was discovered - but not how it was settled. Every expense was spared when Anyo attempted to activate the cooling towers. There was the bare minimum safety equipment, and he'd throw Crewmen-strain humans - not Solaris, mind you - into the meat grinder until progress was made. There's more than a few buried under the Orb Vallis or entombed in coolant.

Vox Solaris: "Once Anyo's analysts made it clear he was burning through lives at an unsustainable rate, he came up with the Solaris system. He'd give our ancestors new bodies, modding them up so they could survive, and bleed them dry of every credit. He started taking on anyone with a debt to his company and forcing them into slavery. It was to the point Corpus would essentially sell undesirables to him."

The Bellatrix has received some buffs to its special trait and status chance, in the interest of trying to create a niche for a similar pistol I'm planning on in the near future. I kiiiinda nerfed it too badly earlier. This way, it's meant to be a status-focused counterpart to the Depezador (both get better with headshots) and a crit-focused counterpart to a much more status-focused weapon that may come in the near future.

Tenno "Bellatrix Prime" Target Pistol

"This target pistol was created to familiarize Tenno, Dax soldiers, and Zero-techs with the new ballistic weapons they'd be using. Despite its stated role, it is deceptively powerful."

tenno__bellatrix_prime__target_pistol_by
stats
(DISCLAIMER: any stats will be changed as needed)
Damage: 64
     impact - 10
     puncture - 38
     slash - 16
magazine: 10
critical chance: 32%
critical multiplier: 2.5x
status chance: 21%
Accuracy: 90.9
Stability: Very High
Recoil: Very Low.
Fire Rate: 11
Reload: 1.2s
special traits
Pinpoint+10% chance to enhance crits. Headshots increase status chance additively by 10%.
Zoom - tapping the altfire key allows you to zoom in.

• Like 1