Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Grineer 'Krog' Heavy SMG

“This here’s a Krog - The Saturnine Independence Front helped us snap ‘em up after they fell off the back of a Grineer cargo hauler bound for Tethys, and Darvo’s been fencing them for us. He’s not really sure if it’s a short-range assault rifle or a very heavy SMG, and neither are my troops.”

—Cressa Tal

grineer__krog__heavy_smg_by_fluffywolf36

The Krog was an outgrowth of the Quartakk project, built specifically for Grineer marines as a mid-road between assault rifle and SMG. It’s chambered for a round that has more in common with a pistol round than a rifle round - large, thick, slow, heavy, and extremely loud while ejecting.

(nice)

Think of it as firing a Grineer equivalent to .50 Beowulf. This round guarantees impact procs up to 10 meters away, allowing this weapon to deal truly ridiculous amounts of status.  

It has a balanced recoil system derived from Tenno designs that almost completely negates vertical or side-to-side recoil, and uses a unique transverse snail-drum magazine design that can be found on the Mohb, a close cousin. While firing, the two wheels in front of the sights - often referred to by Saturnine Independence Front members as “Skates,” for no discernible reason - spin, making a loud grinding noise.

The Krog has extremely high damage at close range, destroying Corpus shields and stopping charging Infested in their tracks.

Compared to the Volsk, its contemporary, the Krog is more controllable,  it has higher velocity, and higher status. But it’s less powerful at range. It also can’t be used as a silenced battle rifle, or used to silently take out entire rooms of Grineer.

These were first discovered in the Origin System by a joint op of SIF-Steel Meridian forces that hijacked a ship bound for Tethys. Shipping records indicate that Sargas Ruk had ordered a massive stock of them, likely for his various Gyre troops.

Since this incident, SIF fighters have been commonly seen brandishing this weapon - either scavenged, or home-brewed versions. Typically, a SIF-modified Krog will have a the “cushion” on the back of the weapon sawn off, with a homemade folding stock made of pipe welded onto it. And yes, that's a skin for this.

ENEMY NOTES:
Grineer armed with this weapon retain its ability to cause impact procs, staggering or stunning Tenno with ease - the best tactic against them is to keep out of their "sweet spot" of 10 meters distance. Or get within melee range. Honestly, both are good.

Stat Notes:
Range is affected by velocity mods.

STATS
Trigger: Auto

Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 13.6
Magazine: 45
Reload: 3s
Damage: 40
30 Impact
7 Slash
3 Puncture
Crit Chance: 13%
Critical Multiplier: 2.5x
Status Chance: 49%
Damage Falloff:
    Full Damage up to 14m
    Min Damage at 42m
    70% Max Reduction

Special Traits:
Guaranteed Impact Proc up to 10m

Artist Notes:

…Jeez, these are some ridiculous stats. And I thought my stats for the Estampida, Depezador, Bruin, and Vlcak were nuts. I just hope that this isn’t too broken.

The most important inspirations for this were the Quartakk, (aesthetically) the Peacemaker Carbine from Bulletstorm, and - weirdly enough - the CAR SMG from Titanfall. The CAR is interesting cause it was (seemingly) designed specifically to sit exactly between the R-101 Assault Rifle and the R-97 SMG. It has less fire rate than the R-97, but more than the R-101… and less damage than the R-101, but more than the R-97. 

This is still true in Titanfall 2. I see it all the time there.

While the CAR does have very early falloff and loses stopping power quickly (you might as well be plinking enemies at that point) it’s very, very controllable. 

This was the sort of thing I wanted to convey here - I knew I wanted something powerful at short range, but I wasn’t sure how to convey that. While my inner gun nut doesn't like giving this thing such a tiny amount of range, well... the simple fact is, with how many fights in Warframe (or, hell, any shooter videogame) are just across very large rooms, and how little "real" weapon range comes into play in said games, this thing would be hilariously broken if I tried to apply real-life .50 Beowulf stats to it. Nobody would notice.

(.50 Beowulf's maximum effective range is apparently 200 yards, but... how often does literally anyone end up engaging enemies at 200 yards in this game? Nobody could tell the difference. It just doesn't work.)

Fun fact: The Saturnine Independence Front have shown up on this thread before! They make the Zagro, aka “Everything Fluffy wants in a sniper.” (Explosive sniper when, DE) And, unlike Ganymede, Level Dawn, or Solaris United, the SIF mostly use Grineer surplus. Anything the SIF uses is salvaged from the Grineer or kitbashed from spare Grineer parts and random odds and ends such as bicycles. 

Yes, they also have a gun made from a bike. I’ve wanted to see what a Bigun made from a generative-design-built bike looks like for awhile now! You probably remember the SIF-made bigun from... literally the last post. Huh.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Think of it as firing a Grineer equivalent to .50 Beowulf. This round guarantees impact procs up to 10 meters away, allowing this weapon to deal truly ridiculous amounts of status

this is really good for a parazon build using out of sight and blood for energy. also i like the way the magazine looks 

Edited by keikogi

On 2020-05-19 at 8:29 PM, keikogi said:

this is really good for a parazon build using out of sight and blood for energy. also i like the way the magazine looks 

Is it now? (I only have two parazon mods, I didn't know what either of them were till now)

The magazine is inspired by the Peacemaker Carbine from Bulletstorm!

Peacemaker%20Carbine.jpg

Coming up with magazine designs (Or, well, gun designs, but I'm usually working from the silhouette of an extant weapon) suitably bizarre enough Warframe is genuinely the most difficult part of creating a gun. I mean, stats are hard in their own way, but whenever I draw this stuff it has to have at least some aspect of believability, or be inspired by something I know.

This is why the Veneine from awhile back has a mag that works exactly like a Johnson rifle's (bizarre) magazine.

1288259229.jpg

1 minute ago, KaffeRausch said:

Remember the weapon from Bulletstorm, it was so brutal that you fire so fast in alternative mode that only one skeleton remains of the enemy.

You bet I do!

TBH though I don't think most of Bulletstorm's weapons would work here. A lot of them are dependent on effects that might not quite work with Warframe's RPG-ish elements.

On the subject of weapons that are not possible in the game, or maybe:

How about hybrid weapons, so melee and primary weapon in one.

Example 1:
DE already wanted to make such weapons in the form of the Speargun Ferrox, Javlok and Scourge.
The question is probably "Can you program the game Warframe in such a way that a weapon counts for two equipment slots? And converts it neatly between primary and close combat when we wield weapons?".

Example 2:
The shooting stick from Stargate.
There are certainly some players who are happy about a weapon that is a staff / pole and energy weapon.

Révélation

Staffweapon.jpg

Example 3:
Gunblade from Parasite Eve 2 and Code Vein:
I have to admit most of you won't know this weapon because Parasite Eve 2 was a PS1 game and this weapon is only a bonus after playing through it.
But this weapon would be funny as a mixture of heavy blade and shotgun.
In Code Vein there is this rifle, which is more of a melee weapon due to this exaggerated bayonet.

Révélation

parasite_eve_2___gunblade_by_moluscum_d2

http://nerdbacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Gun.png

Example 4:
Bowblade from the Bloodborne DLC.
Who now asks "What about the bowstring", have a look at the bow skin from the Deluxe Ash Skin Package, bowstring?
So I fired that gun in Bloodborne!
I would be thrilled if this branch of arms can be brought into play.

It is not clear how this mechanic should work, but a talented artist like you is bound to come up with something.

I hope I could give your imagination new momentum.

11 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

Bowblade from the Bloodborne DLC.
Who now asks "What about the bowstring", have a look at the bow skin from the Deluxe Ash Skin Package, bowstring?
So I fired that gun in Bloodborne!
I would be thrilled if this branch of arms can be brought into play.

I feel like this one likely has the most potential. As for the others... I dunno, I don't think I want to make something that reduces the amount of total weapons someone can carry. 

Though I would be open to making another gunblade.

• Like 1

Il y a 10 heures, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 a dit :

I feel like this one likely has the most potential. As for the others... I dunno, I don't think I want to make something that reduces the amount of total weapons someone can carry. 

Though I would be open to making another gunblade.

Reduce the amount of weapons?
Much is MR feed or is kept because of breastfeeding or because it works great for one mission.
That is probably up to each player what he wants, at the moment they are all crazy about this Kuva bomb bow.

Leveling up hybrid weapons:
Yes, the question is already "Do you have to level up the melee and ranged combat individually and give both half MR points?" or "If you modding them individually, do focus lenses and accelerators come in separately in both parts?".

I think the idea is just as stylish.

Even if dasa wiggles the melee weapon so smoothly, it looks funny that it is * teleported * on its back.

Another hybrid weapon example that makes a problem clear:
Crow Quills from Dark Souls 3.
A mixture of Despair (throwing weapon) and Gunsen (Warfanes).
The problem here is, however, if you have a hybrid weapon as a primary / melee and equip a hybrid weapon that is secondary / melee, would that get in the way?

It would be best if you select the one weapon individually in the equipment menu, then you can still select different weapons.

I've made several dozen hybrids over the lifetime of the Pit, from polearm lasers to acid-spewing fans, precision laser gunblades to multiguns.

As far as I've worked through over the years, answer to the conundrum has been a case by case basis. Some weapons inevitably become restricted slothogs because there is no real way to get around it, others can have more clever ways to get around the conundrum, such as selector switches, "on reloads", "variable dependent on targets" and the like.

Hm. . . come to think of it, I really gotta figure out how to bring old weapons back under new eyes somehow, while I still am bludgeoning my skull against the weapon cornucopia in the google docs.

• Like 1

il y a 19 minutes, Unus a dit :

As far as I've worked through over the years, answer to the conundrum has been a case by case basis. Some weapons inevitably become restricted slothogs because there is no real way to get around it, others can have more clever ways to get around the conundrum, such as selector switches, "on reloads", "variable dependent on targets" and the like.

The emergency solution would be the way of the momentary GunBlades "Redeemer" and "Sarpa", but you can only fire them in a wild melee combo?

With the BowBlade idea, then fire 1-3-5 arrows in a waving melee combo when the opponents are 15 meters away?
I would not like it!

Already with the "Sigma & Octantis" I find it strange to be able to throw the sign only when jumping, if you want to hit the ground quickly and then throw the sign can be annoying.

In which!
If you had to charge an archery shot, it would * keep the attack under control * less annoying when bowling, it's just a charged attack in another line.

Other BowBlade implementation, Bathlet + Bow:

These weapons look like a bow, you don't have to cut them apart or pull them apart for close combat.

Révélation

Bat'leths.jpg

Edited by KaffeRausch

13 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

Reduce the amount of weapons?

Like, if I had a rifle that's also a polearm, I might prefer for it not to also use melee slots. I think having it in the Gunblade slot works best already. Unless I could have it use the same mods as your melee weapons but with augmented range, like how Exalted Weapons used to be.

5 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

Already with the "Sigma & Octantis" I find it strange to be able to throw the sign only when jumping,

...That is weird.

6 hours ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . come to think of it, I really gotta figure out how to bring old weapons back under new eyes somehow, while I still am bludgeoning my skull against the weapon cornucopia in the google docs.

I can halp with that. You know that coming up with weaponry is super easy for me! Also, you once said that weapons are meant to fill a niche - and a lot of the stuff I've made has been from other games I've played that'd fit perfectly in Warframe. Doldren's silenced KLT-13 (It's the Naga) and Lycus' Pepper Pot from Spacelords, the Charge Rifle from Apex Legends, the Wingman Elite (The Estampida) and CAR SMG from Titanfall, the tracker grenades from Borderlands 3...

...so, well, maybe think of a gimmick from a game you liked, and ask how or if it'd work in Warframe.

While you're here, any thoughts on some of the most recent stuff?

On 2020-05-24 at 5:19 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Like, if I had a rifle that's also a polearm, I might prefer for it not to also use melee slots. I think having it in the Gunblade slot works best already. Unless I could have it use the same mods as your melee weapons but with augmented range, like how Exalted Weapons used to be.

...That is weird.

I can halp with that. You know that coming up with weaponry is super easy for me! Also, you once said that weapons are meant to fill a niche - and a lot of the stuff I've made has been from other games I've played that'd fit perfectly in Warframe. Doldren's silenced KLT-13 (It's the Naga) and Lycus' Pepper Pot from Spacelords, the Charge Rifle from Apex Legends, the Wingman Elite (The Estampida) and CAR SMG from Titanfall, the tracker grenades from Borderlands 3...

...so, well, maybe think of a gimmick from a game you liked, and ask how or if it'd work in Warframe.

While you're here, any thoughts on some of the most recent stuff?

Oh, it's not coming up with new material that's bothering me at the mo (Babysitting work being the primary impediment at the mo), its that I feel that very few folks get to see the original pieces, buried in the Pit, assuming they don't bother with the front page featurette section and only pop in whenever my page bounces up to the top. As much as I love to grow the Pit to ever more hellish depths, It would be nice for me to make more efficient use of the space I already take up.

And, Roger dodger suh! I can use my break to analyze the latest in Fluff-Tech innovations!

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

What if there was a Tenno shotgun that could slamfire?

that would be interesting 

Though how would that be conveyed mechanically would it have an altfire that would be full auto or do you have something else in mind?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

If it weren't for this barrel extension, I would ask if it would be a muzzle loader.

By sheer coincidence, I actually have a muzzleloading shotgun planned in the near future. So I hope that helps you. 😛

The Marris there, though? That's easily unique enough for Warframe because it has gas-powered auto ejection and a magazine tube that loads into the revolver cylinder. As inspired by Maurice the Frankenruger

Maurice the Frankenruger isn't quite what I would when making revolvers (I may make a shell-by-shell revolver later, but I'm not certain) but such a bizarre reload felt like it'd be fun to apply to a shotgun.

Reminds me very much of these weapon.

It's got much more in common with the BIGUN, honestly

metro-2033-redux-weapons-12.jpg

Oh yeah, I've seen that before! Fun fact, that's actually what I'm going to work from if ever I make a Kuva revolver.

To load these weapons faster you need help for the front.

s-l1600.jpg

Ah, don't worry. I know what a speedloader is. ...Honestly, just assume most of the revolvers I've made use speedloaders, unless they replace the whole cylinder like the Naga. A gun with a shell-by-shell reload has to be pretty special for me to not grow to loathe it.

The Strun Wraith gets a pass on that because it is STRUN WRAITH.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAT_BOI_FTW said:

The warframe concept art.

Oh, Gagarin!

Yeah, I can see it. He has a double barrel shotgun as his signature secondary, he has a helmet design that's fairly similar, a very "space marine" sort of aesthetic, Doomguy has a very organic look to his armor...

It wasn't intentional at the time, but it's hard to ignore all the parallels.

Also, when I wrote this scene from the Umbral Ayatan quest I'm working on, I was channeling serious doomguy vibes.

(The camera pans over a group of OROKIN. All of them have wildly differing skin colors from blue to even an almost hot-pink color, and WALLY’s usual VOID EYES.)

OROKIN CHANTING plays, it seems it’s meant to accentuate their beauty…

Then something SLAMS AGAINST a door. The room SHAKES. The camera pans towards GAGARIN, who is standing in front of the door, holding it shut with his massive frame, using his hammer to bar it.

Behind GAGARIN, we see that one Orokin appears to have a worried look on their face. Another one is holding what looks like a child or a dwarf of some kind.

OROKIN 1, who is dressed in a uniform resembling that of a DAX, but gaudier, covered in medals, speaks up:

OROKIN 1: “It will protect us.”

OROKIN 2: “That’s not what I heard sunward - I’ve heard they’re going mad. Murdering Orokin, innocents, left and right!”

OROKIN 3: “That must be… rumor. Hearsay. Propaganda, some new weapon from the Separatist factions. That’s Impossible.”

OROKIN 1: “I oversaw the creation of this model myself. I know their ins and outs.”

(The camera pans back to GAGARIN. We focus on his faceplate.)

GAGARIN: (Narrating): “We were once protectors of the Origin System. We defended it from the mad machines of Tau. From injustice. From those who would break the greatest empire of Mankind, golden and pure.”

(The BANGING on the door grows more intense. We hear the screams of Valkyr, and something… else. Something horrible.)

GAGARIN (narrating): They called us Warrior-Gods, cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend. The Golden Lords say they gave us the greatest gifts, bestowed the Ten-Zero children with the highest honors.

But that is not the way of the Orokin. They take, and take, and take, eating the finest food from the table as we subsist on their leavings. We're just the favored pets that are honored with table scraps. Gaze upon what they took from me.

They took my eyes, but still I see. They took my ears, but still I hear the screaming all around me. They took my mouth, and I must scream.

GAGARIN walks towards OROKIN 1, and motions for their sword. It is a LONG TWO-HANDED NIKANA with a design on the handle that resembles Saturn. It looks really cool.

OROKIN 1: “No Tenno is complete without their melee weapon, correct? I’ve always preferred them to firearms. Simple. Elegant. Unable to break.”

He hands the unique NIKANA to GAGARIN.

(A prompt appears. It reads ‘PRESS B TO KILL THEM ALL’)

GAGARIN then BEHEADS OROKIN 1. He turns to OROKIN 3.

OROKIN 3: “No! You… STOP! STOP IN THE NAME OF THE OROKIN EMPIRE!”

GAGARIN does not stop. He slowly shakes his head, one finger held to where his mouth should be. It’s meant to look MOCKING.

(The camera pans back to over Gagarin’s shoulder. You find that you have control of him. You are also armed with Gagarin’s “KOSMOS” revolver shotgun sidearm, and a Boltor Prime.)

You then KILL ALL THE OROKIN as many times as possible.

GAGARIN: “That mouth would be smiling as I told you why I killed every one of the bastards.

EDIT: Now I want Doomguy to have a Boltor. An automatic weapon that nails people to walls? That would be dope.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Oh, Gagarin!

Yeah, I can see it. He has a double barrel shotgun as his signature secondary, he has a helmet design that's fairly similar, a very "space marine" sort of aesthetic, Doomguy has a very organic look to his armor...

It wasn't intentional at the time, but it's hard to ignore all the parallels.

Also, when I wrote this scene from the Umbral Ayatan quest I'm working on, I was channeling serious doomguy vibes.

EDIT: Now I want Doomguy to have a Boltor. An automatic weapon that nails people to walls? That would be dope.

That would be dope and awesome quest cut-scene idea!