Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

On 2020-07-02 at 11:07 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

?? ‘Object 45-I-98’ Shotgun

_object_45_i_98__plasmoid_shotgun_by_har

“Anti-shield [PLACEHOLDER: SHOTGUN] uses magnetic fields to fire a burst of phasic projectiles that cause explosive subatomic fusion upon breaking a shield. Origin unknown. All attempts at disassembly have failed. Object 45-I-98 was discovered [ERROR]. [ERROR]”

Codex

Error.

Defaulting to first record of-

Reestablishing…

Retrieving Record 45-I-98...

Tenno Haruka Lorne (Fluffywolf36): “So, we’ll be in close quarters for this one on a new-model Anyo Corp Battleplate. Yassin will be running fire support with his Prisma Gorgon, and I brought my special Sobek. Yassin, what did you pack?

Tenno Yassin: “Read ‘em and weep, boys.”

Tenno Ginebra: “Oh damn. What is that?”

Fluffywolf36: “Never seen anything like that…”

Tenno Thane: “…Okay. What is that.”

Yassin: “Honestly? I was hoping one of you could tell me. I was out with Vinge and some SIF fighters, clearing ghouls in the Navar Cannon batteries on the Ridge, and I just…. found this in a Grineer storage room. It was a mess. They had Iapetan pottery from the Quorum Era end-to-end with Riddhan furs, and a pile of rust that would’ve been from some Iapetan resistance movement before the Orokin, and a pile of rust that I think used to be an Elysium. I found this between a Tenebrae and a Tiberon from Martialis Armory. Vinge said I could take what I wanted, so…”

Ginebra: “So that’s why your Railjack has so much pottery on it.”

Fluffywolf 36: “Was there any information on it?”

Yassin: “Not a word.”

Fluffywolf36: “Grineer archeologists? Huh. I’ve broken into their files on the plains, and they are…”

Thane: “Mournful. Their records are mournful. You think the treasure hunters from the Plutonian academies are bad, Grineer are worse in every way. It’s like using a machete to butter your khachapuri. It will go wrong.”

Fluffywolf36: “We’ll ask for Vinge’s help tracing it later. Will it be good against Corpus?”

(Yassin smirks)

Yassin: Oh, I think after you see it, it’s really going to blow up.

[OPERATION COMPLETED]

[COMPILING…]

[RETRIEVING TENNO ALLIANCE RESEARCH DIVISION NOTES

STATEMENT: Dr. Loos Kanageyan

PHD, Snidge University

Kronia Relay Archaeo-Tech Recovery Laboratories]

Report 020200602 Object 45-I-98: 

Log begins. As the Saturn system is a site of former Orokin industry and trade, Kronia Relay’s Recovery Labs are in a unique position to recover the Origin System’s lost history. I’m grateful beyond measure to Vinge and other SIF members for taking Iapetus, [DATA CORRUPTED] benevolent kidnappers who are definitely not forcing me to write this at gunpoint-

-That was a joke, Atlan! You know I love you and Haruka. She and Thane always bring the best artifacts. 

Seriously, most Corpus don’t live long enough to retire. No, that’s not aimed at you or any other Tenno. Signing up for a position of any worth is basically consenting to have some niner attempting a gunpoint promotion, or a suit on a power trip making you choose between short-term profit and the truth. Also at gunpoint. Or being dragged off to the Riddhan ruins to find the Treasure of Karishh, as some Tenno chases you at gunpoint, all while the other two are also holding you at gunpoint. All of which have happened to me. The Relay doctors said I was at risk for a massive, once-in-a-generation coronary because of the sheer stress.

But anyway. I’m grateful beyond measure to my benevolent kidnappers because now I can finally examine archeological sites without being forced at gunpoint to turn a profit.

However, sometimes we get mystery items like Object 45-I-98. It’s not often that we find artifacts that are not just Orokin, but untraceable. But it does happen. 

We’ve designated it Object 45-I–98. This.. shotgunlike? I guess it’s a shotgun, anyway, but it was designed by parties unknown with the express intent of breaking shields. It fires a spread of eight energy spheres similar to plasmoids, which explode on impact with any surface. Each one radiates energy around them - think of them as kind of like tiny Plasmor projectiles.

It appears to fire in two-round burst - the first shot fires four spheres, while the second fires the remaining four. Upon breaking a shield, these spheres violently explode, dealing radiation damage. It's damn near useless against "serious" armor like on the Grineer, but whoever built this really didn’t like Corpus. You reload it kind of like a Tigris - you break it open, then place the magazine directly inside. The magazines are meant to be easily built at any foundry.

Typically, these are acquired by Tenno in bits and pieces. Upon attaching the barrel to the heat sink, they nanomechanically bond and become inseparable. Examination of these parts has proven fruitless - many of them explode upon attempts at disassembly. These have some commonality with Orokin prime weapon parts and reports exist of a similar anti-shield Sentient weapon,but it’s very clearly not from either faction.

The aesthetic - these angles and planes - suggest another faction or group with advanced technology. We can’t find any similar techniques, and only Dziewanan weaponry and Vos Armaments weaponry similarly use magnetic fields. The projectiles, the creation of something that specifically detonates shields… My first guess was Dziewana, but there’s a number of things about that which don’t make sense.

1. Their weapons are usually made to superheat or irradiate. 45-I-98 was meant to disrupt shields and cause an immediate reaction.

2. Safety mechanisms - Dziewanan weapons fundamentally have the bare minimum of safety mechanisms, for the sake of efficiency and effectiveness, while 45-I-98 has a much more robust cooling system. It won’t overheat or burn you through your lightsuit.

3. Building Techniques - While this does seem like something the Dzies would do, their Foundries - or Fabricators in the local dialect - print them in sheets for easy assembly, resulting in their peculiar slab-sided, brutalist look. Examples of 45-I-98, however, are not. This appears to have been built as a scaffolding around a power core of some kind. It’s possible this has a common ancestor with their weapons, but so many techniques are different. 

4. Anti-Tampering Mechanisms - Dziewannan soldiers have a specially-made multitool keyed to Dziewannan genetic markers and [REDACTED] used for disassembly. Upon disassembling a weapon without this, the weapon overheats and melts its sensitive components into slag. Going off what Gazrov said, equipping their soldiers with weapons that could be exploded any time was too unsafe. But whoever built this… no, they had no such compunctions.

5. Age - Dziewanan weapons are relatively new, dating back to the tail end of the Second Expansion Era. But we carbon-dated it to [DATA CORRUPTED]

This latter point places it it in just the right window for one of the Thaw Cultures that arose before the Unification Eras.

A fascinating period of time, the Thaw Cultures. While many cultures such as the Ostrons and Corpus refer to the loss of the Orokin as a tragedy, there are just as many such as  the Arbiters of Hexis, some Ganymedean cultures, the Grineer, Iapetans, and especially Bidanian Theists,  who celebrate their fall.  In fact, the term comes from the Theists. Bidanian Theists were so persecuted and tormented by the Orokin that they fled past Pluto to the tiny asteroid of Bidan, and they refer to the Orokin Era as the Long Winter. And so they compare the era of settlement, freedom, and rediscovery predating the Grineer and Corpus to spring. Thus, Thaw Cultures.

The Thaw Cultures, often isolated from former trading partners, developed their own tech bases. Assuming they survived. Many examples of esoteric weapons such as the baan or yarritusk survive from this era, and it’s a pleasure to find another one because so little information exists. So many of the Thaw cultures are lost to the march of Corpus or Grineer - the early Corpus were extremely bad at recording accounts of the cultures they bought and spent. Even now, the SIF academics forming Iapetus University have discovered a Thaw Culture that predates the Ring Coalition the Grineer destroyed.

I’d be content for this to be a relic of a lost Thaw culture, even if I hadn’t found any other examples of it. It’d be just another mystery in the Origin System. But there’s one flaw with this theory: the parts Tenno seem brand new. And their discovery coincides with Tenno Yassin discovering it in the Iapetus Ridge fortifications.

Where are they coming from? Are the creators somewhere out there? 

Dr. Kanageyan, 

Tenno Alliance.

ADDENDUM:
 the Codex file we’ve written on it keeps getting data corruption events. Fine, we’re using millennia-old technology we don’t know how to reproduce. But the Lotus and Tenno have access to some of the best computational equipment in the systems. But [DATA CORRUPTED] five times as often [DATA CORRUPTED] statistical average. Griza has been [DATA CORRUPTED]

(O̶H̶ ̶C̶O̶M̶E̶ ̶O̶N̶)

...some kind of anti-informational technology, like a smaller-scale Scrambler. I don’t know if I believe that, as this technology seems far outside the realm of possibility, but I’ve had too many issues archiving this to press my luck. Thankfully, Archivist Yondan Simmis is in the process of transcribing it using pen and paper. I’m HOPING no technology exists that can be that effective, otherwise - knowing the Orokin - it would’ve killed all of us, destroyed the written word, and given us all brain damage.

...they couldn’t do that, right?

Dr. Kanageyan.

STATS
Ammo: Shotgun
Trigger: Burst
Fire Rate: 3
Magazine Size: 10
Reload Time: 2.2s

Normal Attacks
Total Damage: 260(x2)
Magnetic: 124
Impact: 86
Slash: 50
Pellets: 4
Burst Count: 2
Critical Chance: 15%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 24%

Area Attacks
Total Damage: 300 Radiation
Critical Chance: 16%
Critical Multipler: 3.0x
Status Chance: 48%
Blast Radius: 4.0m

Artist Notes

Object 45-I-98 is so mysterious that even I have no idea who made it. 

Mardin of Chatzuk was a massive inspiration on this - there’s quite a few Exotics he’s written up on his blog that make light of how profoundly inexplicable they are, such as the writeup on the Eon Drive. This paragraph sticks out to me:

“The hell you mean, ‘couldn’t say’?”
“I mean I couldn’t say where it came from if I wanted to… Oh, here it is.”
“What the hell does that mean? Thing fell out a Vex portal into your garage?”
“Maybe not far from the truth… but no. I found it in storage on Mars.”
“Up around those Clovis Bray parts what opened up?”
“Yep.”
“I thought BrayTech stuff was supposed to be real slick.”
“This ain’t BrayTech.”
“Oh no? Then what the hell is it?”
“Buddy, when I have a damn idea what the hell it is, I’ll make sure you’re the first to know.”

I wanted to make a weapon that wasn’t just a mystery, but was inexplicable. Something so bizarre, so divorced from Warframe’s aesthetics, that even I had no idea who made it. The Thaw Cultures, if you’re wondering, are a reference to the Spring Cultures from Mortal Engines, a catchall term for the cultures that arose after the apocalyptic devastation of the Sixty Minute War.

We don’t know much about them. Same for Warframe’s non-Grineer and non-Corpus cultures - for a long time, these were only vaguely hinted at. I’m told some of us didn’t even know that cultures beside those two even existed back during the Gradivus Dilemma. To this day, Warframe has still made missteps at that. We know the Mycona exist, we know the Solaris and Ostrons exist, and we know that there’s plenty of colonies out there trying to keep out of the way of the main plot, but overall Warframe’s universe has had trouble establishing that other people live in it - or even what life in the Corpus is like.

...Though to be fair, the latest Nightwave has been making strides towards that. I’ve had some issues, but overall I still feel like this is the best Nightwave. At least it’s interactive. At least I get to see the journal of some random guy.

The Thaw Cultures are a way to continue that and further establish that yes, other people live in the Origin System.

The shield-exploding gimmick came from how lasers apparently cause shields to explode in Dune (A major influence on Warframe). This would probably be more useful in, say, Borderlands, but it’d be unique, niche, and fun, so why not.

Stone, metal, moss, and machinery, high-tech, yet, looking for all the world as if it has weathered ages past and not shed a proverbial tear for the time lost.

Hm. . . methinks it might have come from the Void, albeit, in an area where the boundaries might be thin for a different. . . "Elsewhere".

Overall, fascinating Indeed! While I never went the "mystery route" you went down, I have certainly had some fun fiddleing with the far ancient past in Warframe. My Suesh gun concept is one such "ages past" piece that has a story to tell.

Well done Mr. Wolf, as always (uninsultingly).

On 2020-07-08 at 5:40 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

While you're waiting for the pistol ART DUMP™ or the next part of the Umbral Ayatan Quest, (which is probably coming soon, I only have like... 20-30% of the pistols done) here's a quick concept I scratched out for an add-on to the Orb Vallis:

Orb Vallis Expansion: Ventura Capitalism

Adds two new locations to Orb Vallis!

Orb Vallis Visitor's Center

LORE

The Orb Vallis Visitor Center is a new addition to the Orb Vallis Spaceport, complete with interactive displays that are at least 45% accurate, telling the rough story of how Anyo Corp founded the Orb Vallis, and its history. It's staffed by Harrix, a Solaris custodian left homeless after the Eris Evacuation, and Morse, a Solaris with a rare genetic defect that makes him unable to be modded the same way as others.

When an Orb Vallis bounty involving this place comes up, the following dialogue will play:

Upon entry, you'll find various Corpus milling around, welding things into place. There's various dioramas using functional surplus Solaris rigs, which - to the horror of SU - are actually functional, despite how much Nef gouges them for parts. These dioramas include a sanitized look at the work Solaris do (featuring the song "We all lift together" being whistled), a diorama about the discovery of the Orb Vallis, a diorama glorifying the Deck 12 Massacre with captured Kitguns on display and demonizing Solaris United, a taxidermy exhibit on the flora and fauna of the Orb Vallis, a model of the secret railroad under the Orb Vallis, and a diorama that shows various weapons and robotics research conducted in the Orb Vallis.

Each one has narration from Drusus Leverian. Think of it as kind of like the Hyperion Hall of Heroism.

It's an option to "Capture" the museum and acquire bounties from Harrix and Morse.

There’s three mission types centering around the museum:

1. Mayhem - destroy as many things as possible to draw out a Corpus target.

2. Ransack - steal the Solaris rigs from the displays.

3. Vandalize: find various terminals and upload the Solaris version of history.

Here's an example of how Vandalize can change the dioramas. The original diorama would say this...

While the Solaris version is this:

HAHA! I seize upon Mother Earth with Barboga, you seize upon Venus with your wondrous tourist shi. . . uh, attraction!

I wonder if we can interweave the two for fun and profit?

On the topic at hand:

Splendid! It's an honest and legitimate pity that each of the facilities on the map don't actually have missions unique to the capture points in question that you work with here.

We could keep the "generic" just fine for poking at Eudico for work and the poor sap just outside of the Fortunate lift, but, think of all the fun and juicy backstory that could be squeezed outta Fortuna alone if "locale quests" were possible!

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Stone, metal, moss, and machinery, high-tech, yet, looking for all the world as if it has weathered ages past and not shed a proverbial tear for the time lost.

I don't actually know if it's made of stone, I was going for something like this

ER92IsnW4AAXBze.jpg:small

or the Gun-Gun from  Borderlands 3. I don't even know what it's made of! 😛

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . methinks it might have come from the Void, albeit, in an area where the boundaries might be thin for a different. . . "Elsewhere".

That's the beauty of it. Even I don't know where it has to come from! 

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Overall, fascinating Indeed! While I never went the "mystery route" you went down, I have certainly had some fun fiddleing with the far ancient past in Warframe. My Suesh gun concept is one such "ages past" piece that has a story to tell.

The amount of overlap is honestly kind of astonishing.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Splendid! It's an honest and legitimate pity that each of the facilities on the map don't actually have missions unique to the capture points in question that you work with here.

You know what's even more of a shame? The fact that most of the bounties have me in the same few places in the Enrichment Labs, that spot just across the bridge from the Enrichment Labs, Central Maintenance, and sometimes the Grow Site.  It feels like they only send you to... about half the map.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

We could keep the "generic" just fine for poking at Eudico for work and the poor sap just outside of the Fortunate lift, but, think of all the fun and juicy backstory that could be squeezed outta Fortuna alone if "locale quests" were possible!

That would be pretty fun. It'd mean more memory fragments, and less feeling like SU is composed of about five people.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

8 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I don't actually know if it's made of stone, I was going for something like this

ER92IsnW4AAXBze.jpg:small

or the Gun-Gun from  Borderlands 3. I don't even know what it's made of! 😛

That's the beauty of it. Even I don't know where it has to come from! 

The amount of overlap is honestly kind of astonishing.

You know what's even more of a shame? The fact that most of the bounties have me in the same few places in the Enrichment Labs, that spot just across the bridge from the Enrichment Labs, Central Maintenance, and sometimes the Grow Site.  It feels like they only send you to... about half the map.

That would be pretty fun. It'd mean more memory fragments, and less feeling like SU is composed of about five people.

Huh, heh, brings this weird mishmosh of "meso-American architecture" and "nordic runescapeing".

It is? My apologies! In all my time working in the Pit, I've never actually popped my head above proverbial water to see if I had created anything that emulated something from another creation!

From the Xahunteper's Roider makers, to the many-tribes-one-design arm weapon, it's all bubbled up from within my own skull, leaked in gobs and chunks from Warframe's own tales. I hope the whatever parallels you find don't dishearten you to further developments in that direction!

EXACTLY! I wonder if we can get their attention, given how online they are nowadays?

Indeed! Plenty more folks out there we can delve into the past of, gotta use what you have to it's maximum extent, rather then "plop and scoot!

Yeaaaaahhhhh. . . I'd love to see a Corpus "native" who got dragged down into the colony through some sort of nasty Conglomerate pittrap, some kinda fellow you can sympathize with, and, yet, still see he is still the kind of fellow that would eat a pup if someone said he'd get one thousand for it.

12 hours ago, Unus said:

Huh, heh, brings this weird mishmosh of "meso-American architecture" and "nordic runescapeing".

I was inspired by the Paxian Blessing to go for a weirdly neolithic feel with Object 45-I-98. I wanted to create a real sense of age.

12 hours ago, Unus said:

It is? My apologies! In all my time working in the Pit, I've never actually popped my head above proverbial water to see if I had created anything that emulated something from another creation!

Oh, no, nooooo no no no no. No, no no. Nooo. Don't worry. Wasn't an accusation or whatever, I was just saying it was remarkable that we were on the same wave cause we were both thinking of the time immediately after the Orokin and what would've arisen to take their place.

13 hours ago, Unus said:

Yeaaaaahhhhh. . . I'd love to see a Corpus "native" who got dragged down into the colony through some sort of nasty Conglomerate pittrap, some kinda fellow you can sympathize with, and, yet, still see he is still the kind of fellow that would eat a pup if someone said he'd get one thousand for it.

Sounds like an interesting character!

Brainstorming a rifle for later - it will be a part of the Umbral Ayatan quest, much like the Xoris is part of the Granum quest.

SOON™:

After this segment of the memory, you'll get an invitation from someone named Reb Akira Thorissen- they're in the Tenno concourse at the base of Chitorrh Tower. The Invitation is as follows:

"Tenno! You raise quite a stir with visit to the Memoratorium. The memories you've dug up... we Bidanians quite proud of you. Quite-quite proud, boychik.  As thanks, we offer you lead in your quest to uncover the lost warframe’s memories. 

Meet me at Orokin digsite by the sea. You join in Bidanian tradition, boychik! You celebrate… Makabi. The Great Hunt.

If not interested, well. There is new gun for Tenno! We know you like new gun. Bring only sidearm and melee. 

The fields around A Bao A Qu boast a massive Orokin installation, connected to the city by a rail line which actually crosses the ocean. 

You can find Thorissen standing in front of the entrance with several other Bidanians.

Tenno: “so… what IS Makabi? Is it some kind of Warframe you worship?”

Akira: “Forgot your memory has more holes than Jarnsaxan cheese. Makabi means hammer - named after ancient hero, before leave Mother Earth. It was one of our greatest victories, and lost frame used hammer , so we named Great Hunt that.  And we not worship Warframe. We worship something... higher."

Tenno: “that doesn’t…. that doesn’t answer anythi-”

Akira: “Great Hunt ushers in the spring of our planets. This one, Iapetus, Himalia, Jarnsaxa. It’s about the end of the long winter that froze and strangled the life from the Origin System.”

Tenno: “Its a religious ceremony, then?”

Akira: “ Yes and no. We celebrate the Great Hunt with our ceremonial tools: hammer and rifle. Take rifle.”

You then receive the VERNAL RIFLE.

Akira: “How it works? You fire slow for silent, aim for head for big boom. You and our ancestors, we fight together during the Great Hunt, usher in the Spring after the Long Winter. In return…. we present Umbral Ayatan.”

Tenno: “I still don’t get it. What’s all this? Why do you need a Tenno for the Great Hunt?”

Akira: “Immortalizing the moment.”

‘Vernal’ Lever-action rifle

“An unauthorized custom lever-action Tenno rifle, using parts from the Makina and Naga revolvers, combined with a speedloader similar to that used on the Oryx shotgun. This silenced lever-action rifle silences itself and causes explosions on headshots. Two inscriptions scratched into the barrel read “For The Great Hunt” and “End The Long Winter.”

On 2020-07-08 at 5:40 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

"Forget the men, save the peaveys2!"

So I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but this is an actual quote from New England timber baron George Van Dyke. According to legend, when he died in a car accident in which his vehicle somehow shot off a cliff into a logjam in a river, someone mockingly yelled "SAVE THE PEAVEYS" to savor his suffering.

AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS IT'S FREE 
TIME TO H*CK UP EARTH
LET'S GO
JOSE CANSECO

This isn't actually anything that new, mind - I just went back to the ancient, abandoned Ganymede thread and rediscovered THIS. But, it's an important part of Ganymede's mechanics, and even if I haven't thought as much about bounties, or map layout, or locations, or resources, it's an important look into what would make Ganymede tick:

Progress Updort 2019/11/07

While the intro quest is at least... a  quarter done, I feel like I should explain part of my problem. Simply put? I dove in headfirst, too fast. At least that means I'm really replicating the experience of DE updating haha yeah

As a result, I'm reconsidering many facets of the project. I may end up redrawing the city planned, or I may not. Either way, I'm going to need some time to think about how Ganymede's open-world works. About the kinds of missions that happen there. Simply put, I don't have much of a grasp of exactly what Ganymede's identity is or what makes it feel different other than scenery. So, presented for your consideration are various mechanics that I hope will help differentiate Ganymede from the other two open-world zones. This will be in order of most important to least.

It's as much for the sake of my brainstorming as it is for a preview.

• Massive Amounts of Rewards:
    Virtually any weapon blueprint I've made (Unless it's the Gax, the Uhlan or other Dziewanna weaponry like the [REDACTED], the Sevoricor, or it has Sentient components - see: Teracor, Tarvoss, Ostium) can be found on Ganymede. Yes, all nearly-100 of them.  
  • Control Level:
    You've probably seen this term thrown around whenever the fissures in Orb Vallis crop up. I've mixed feelings about them - while they are a cool event at first and a nice way to build up to a boss fight,  and a step forward in driving player engagement for a greater goal, they are what I term a "Flash-in-the-pan event." As in, you grind the everloving hell out of it and miss a lot of a bonus resource weekend and don't get enough Kuva aaaaa but after that it just... isn't as important. 

Control Level is something like that but applied to the whole moon, and with a more tangible reward. The higher total control level for the moon, the better the rewards you get. Quantity of resources per drop increase, rare drop chance increases, and payment is higher. It has a baseline of 50%. To raise this, simply keep doing missions, and complete public events. (See below) To keep Warframe's players from inevitably destroying what little challenge this would add, the Corpus launch various invasions that lower the control level anywhere from 20-30%. These are... pretty unavoidable, but fairly easily stopped. Then you have to build back up.

If it ever reaches zero (Which some random invasions can cause) then you have to defend the city in another event, fighting off the Corpus invasion. This increases your pay. If the playerbase fails to defend Ganymede, then both its open world and all endless mission nodes on said moon will be closed off for two weeks.  Good luck farming for the massive variety of weapon blueprints with non-endless missions! God, I'm evil! 

After two weeks, the event starts again (But with near-guaranteed success, like with the ghouls) allowing you to retake the planet. And opening Endless Missions up back again.

I realize this is absolutely an evil thing to do to all of you Warframe players. If something so crippled my ability to farm Kuva or Hexenon for two weeks (I need that stuff!) I'd be livid. But, and hear me out on this, I think it's for the best to include a stick in addition to the carrot. There's only so long the promise of new zaws or kitguns or other stuff can keep you playing. Only so much this game can give. Warframe relies on giving more and more, and that's just not sustainable. The Kuva liches, I think, are an interesting foray into using the stick more. 

Why am I this interested in using the stick? Well, it's meant to address an issue I've had with both PoE and Orb Vallis - namely, they're kind of flash-in-the-pan events as well. After killing the raid boss, getting most of the arcanes, and building the best modular equipment (NOTE: There will be no primary modular weapons here. That's awful idea) it's easy for me to just forget to go to Vallis or PoE unless it comes up in Nightwave. If you do those regularly, more power to you - I just like including this as a way to make Ganymede feel more dynamic and important. The massive amount of weapon blueprints give you a reason to keep coming back.... and the thought of losing a supply of the resources to build them provides a reason not to ignore it.
    How to Raise Control Level
    • Completing Missions in open-world
    • Completing mission nodes
    • Supporting the Grineer while invading Jupiter or Europa. (there are very much more efficient ways to raise Control Level, this is mostly just there because it's funny)
    • Stopping Corpus Invasions on Ganymede
    • Completing Public Events
      • oh yeah speaking of which

• Public Events:
    One of my happiest memories from Destiny 1 (I'M ANCIENT LOL) is coming together with players from all over the map to defend a Warsat, or killing the Devil Walker... mostly the Warsat thing. These would provide all players on the map an incentive to come together. Completing a Public Event gives a bonus to Control Level.

But wait, I hear you saying. How does this mean anything if only four players can be on the map? Well...
  • 8-Player Co-Op: 
    If we once had 8-player raids, and landscapes host up to four players... well, why not use the same mechanics that allowed up to eight players to participate in the same raid? 

And yes. This does have utility in a planned raid on Ganymede. Admittedly, the raid is something I just made up in the last ten seconds, but it had to be done.
  • Umbral Ayatans:
    These rare Ayatan sculptures will allow you to experience the memories of Ganymede's patron Warframes Gagarin... and Vulkodlak the Feral. With assistance from both Drusus and new character Tadius Ngoni, experience the hidden lore of this moon. Collect them all and receive one as a decoration!

Yes, I said "Experience." As in, you personally experience the memories.

I'm not actually sure if these are placed all over Ganymedean mission nodes or over the open-world. 
  • City Missions:
    Various Ganymede nodes will be take place within A Bao A Qu. This will be procedurally generated using vertical slices of A Bao A Qu to simulate size.
  • A New Faction:
    "The Scum" is a catchall term for pirates and outlaws in the wilds of Ganymede, Corpus deserters, and those displaced by the lack of centralized authority or Board presence on Ganymede. The Scum use a patchwork of Corpus and Grineer tech, combined with their own homebrewed and dangerous monstrosities, to steal anything that isn't nailed down. They'll be a target for various open-world missions.

Each of them is much stealthier and more mobile than Grineer or Corpus. The lower the Control Level, the more Scum you have to fight. Plus side, you can get the blueprint for their Elysium assault cannon or their Oorlag pistol from killing them. The drop chance increases the lower the Control Level!

Which reminds me, I seemingly... completely forgot about part 2 of the Ganymede quest, and the epilogue that comes after the sacrifice. I should probably do something about that.

On 2020-07-24 at 2:00 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

VERY early drawing of the Vernal. 

filename_by_haruaxeman_de1xqwc-pre.jpg?t

The lore for this one kind of got away from me, (It was less an explanation of a gun, more a story with a gun tacked on) so I'm going to write a Leverian entry involving Gagarin that incorporates this.

AH, hehe, that certainly happens to me at times! Good luck!

Art Dump 14: It's Bad Luck Otherwise

So, I feel like the thread has been lagging a bit in terms of sidearms. I have a simply anemic amount of pistols compared to primarise, and I'd definitely like to do all of these at some point - But I want to see which ones you want me to do first. What would you be most excited to see?

NOTE: Italics refer to the stuff that would be contained in the codex entry, while non-italic text is stuff that'd go in the description.

various_warframe_pistol_concepts_by_fluf

1. Grineer ‘Drakhkar’ Pistol

“A favorite pistol for grineer commandos. Tag enemies with the semiauto function and saturate them with its homing three-round burst.”

Essentially, a Buzlok in sidearm form, tagging enemies with semiauto mode and with burstfire instead of full auto fire.

2. SIF ‘BLYAT’ Machine Pistol

“Built by the gunsmiths of Iapetus, this machine pistol is an attempt at copying Tenno weaponry - uncharacteristic for craftsmen who typically focus on copies of Grineer weapons and their own homemade contraptions.” 

3. Infested  “Cytoblast” Launcher- 

This sawed-down Tonkor is a relic of an abortive Grineer campaign to capture the Mycona, which ended in several platoons being sealed within Quarantine decks of the Mycona hulk. This one definitely doesn’t have a hand still attached to it.” 

4. Tenno ‘Pax’  Revolver 

“Using an onboard foundry, the Pax revolver can switch from overpenetrating electric shells to “sticky” rounds that release a burst of electricity upon detonation. Recovered Orokin files claim that this was originally designed as a less-lethal implement.  One hopes that the voltage on these has been dialed up for combat purposes.”

Essentially, a Tenno version of the HE. 44 Magnum from Resistance.

5. Corpus Minovicor Charge Pistol.

“Corpus Terra personnel demanded a pistol with more range and damage than the standard-issue Detron shotguns, meant for use against charging Vallis wildlife and Tenno alike. The result was the Minovicor, a plasma railgun stripped down to its barest essentials. A dynamo charged by repeated motions gives it quick charge speed upon unholstering.” 

A powerful charged-plasma pistol similar to a small Opticor. It charges faster once you unholster it, like the old Plan C fusion rifle from Destiny 1.

6.  Scum ‘Oorlag’ Pistol

“The most powerful pistol manufactured by the Scum. This crude, homemade semiautomatic pistol has been chambered for large-caliber incendiary rounds that always ignite on impact. The Scum use it both on Infested… and on spacers that they need to smoke out of rooms. Its high weight makes recoil negligible, but gives it a slightly slower reload.”

Heavy pistol built by pirates that does guaranteed heat procs on hits.

7. Tenno ‘Callan’  Revolver

“A simplified derivative of the Magnus, this Tenno revolver uses Sentient technology to analyze a target’s weaknesses and set up for the perfect headshot. It was a common sight during the Tenno Great Hunt.” 

Body shots increase damage and status duration on headshots

Does guaranteed status procs on headshots regardless of build.

8. Cephalon ‘Electracor’  multitool

More of a construction tool than a weapon, this Cephalon-built device fires electrolasers in a short, controlled burst. Overcharge this for a horizontal shotgunlike blast”

The best way to describe the trigger is “Auto-Burst-Continuous” - Whenever you pull the trigger, fires a 3-round burst that does six ticks in beam form. It deals electric damage, and chains heat damage to nearby enemies… including the original target. Think of it like Amprex but burstfire.

9. Arbiters of Hexis ‘Judicus’ Pistol

“Outwardly, this pistol resembles the Mid Old War-era weapons the Arbiters of Hexis use. However, some features - such as its unique burstfire system, and its underbarrel void-sensitive mine launcher - have no counterparts in any other Tenno weapon. No record of this weapon exists in any Tenno archives.”

10. Corpus ‘Phantomic’ Pistol

“A new-model…. or perhaps old-model of particle accelerator pistol introduced in the Granum New Deal, rechambered to fire Specter particles. Kills with this weapon spawn a Specter of the enemy you killed.”

(It also fires one homing projectile per burst.)

11. Tenno ‘Lefau’  Revolver

Two round auto-burst when fired from hip, two-round burst when aimed.

12.  Sentient ‘Ulnalyst’ Plasma Weapon - 

fires plasma projectiles in full auto. Repeated hits return ammo and increase fire rate. You wear this on your wrist.

13. Tenno ‘Ordo’ Burst Pistol

Tenno 5-round burst pistol. Repeated hits increase critical damage and headshot damage

14. Corpus ‘Vos Diocor’ Pistol

"The younger brother to the Vos Armaments Klystron, the Diocor was built to saturate enemies with radiation at close range."

Has narrower beam closer to a Spectra than a flamethrower, but has radial damage whenever you hit an enemy or hard surface. Holding down the trigger for at least 8 rounds will shoot out a Plasmor-like blast.

15. Unknown Raygun
    "Blurring the line between shotgun, sidearm, and launcher, this [REDACTED] pistol fires a short burst of energy projectiles that causes explosions on impact."

Fires a five-round burst of explosive projectiles... though it has some damage fall off, to keep it from being too broken. Charge the trigger for lower falloff, increased projectile speed, and slight bonus damage.

All honesty, the last one was kind of a spur of the moment thing - I have no idea who made this! And I wanted the last entry to be something special.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Art Dump 14: It's Bad Luck Otherwise

So, I feel like the thread has been lagging a bit in terms of sidearms. I have a simply anemic amount of pistols compared to primarise, and I'd definitely like to do all of these at some point - But I want to see which ones you want me to do first. What would you be most excited to see?

NOTE: Italics refer to the stuff that would be contained in the codex entry, while non-italic text is stuff that'd go in the description.

various_warframe_pistol_concepts_by_haru

1. Grineer ‘Drakhkar’ Pistol

“A favorite pistol for grineer commandos. Tag enemies with the semiauto function and saturate them with its homing three-round burst.”

Essentially, a Buzlok in sidearm form, tagging enemies with semiauto mode and with burstfire instead of full auto fire.

2. SIF ‘BLYAT’ Machine Pistol

“Built by the gunsmiths of Iapetus, this machine pistol is an attempt at copying Tenno weaponry - uncharacteristic for craftsmen who typically focus on copies of Grineer weapons and their own homemade contraptions.” 

3. Infested  “Cytoblast” Launcher- 

This sawed-down Tonkor is a relic of an abortive Grineer campaign to capture the Mycona, which ended in several platoons being sealed within Quarantine decks of the Mycona hulk. This one definitely doesn’t have a hand still attached to it.” 

4. Tenno ‘Pax’  Revolver 

“Using an onboard foundry, the Pax revolver can switch from overpenetrating electric shells to “sticky” rounds that release a burst of electricity upon detonation. Recovered Orokin files claim that this was originally designed as a less-lethal implement.  One hopes that the voltage on these has been dialed up for combat purposes.”

Essentially, a Tenno version of the HE. 44 Magnum from Resistance.

5. Corpus Minovicor Charge Pistol.

“Corpus Terra personnel demanded a pistol with more range and damage than the standard-issue Detron shotguns, meant for use against charging Vallis wildlife and Tenno alike. The result was the Minovicor, a plasma railgun stripped down to its barest essentials. A dynamo charged by repeated motions gives it quick charge speed upon unholstering.” 

A powerful charged-plasma pistol similar to a small Opticor. It charges faster once you unholster it, like the old Plan C fusion rifle from Destiny 1.

6.  Scum ‘Oorlag’ Pistol

“The most powerful pistol manufactured by the Scum. This crude, homemade semiautomatic pistol has been chambered for large-caliber incendiary rounds that always ignite on impact. The Scum use it both on Infested… and on spacers that they need to smoke out of rooms. Its high weight makes recoil negligible, but gives it a slightly slower reload.”

Heavy pistol built by pirates that does guaranteed heat procs on hits.

7. Tenno ‘Callan’  Revolver

“A simplified derivative of the Magnus, this Tenno revolver uses Sentient technology to analyze a target’s weaknesses and set up for the perfect headshot. It was a common sight during the Tenno Great Hunt.” 

Body shots increase damage and status duration on headshots

Does guaranteed status procs on headshots regardless of build.

8. Cephalon ‘Electracor’  multitool

More of a construction tool than a weapon, this Cephalon-built device fires electrolasers in a short, controlled burst. Overcharge this for a horizontal shotgunlike blast”

The best way to describe the trigger is “Auto-Burst-Continuous” - Whenever you pull the trigger, fires a 3-round burst that does six ticks in beam form. It deals electric damage, and chains heat damage to nearby enemies… including the original target. Think of it like Amprex but burstfire.

9. Arbiters of Hexis ‘Judicus’ Pistol

“Outwardly, this pistol resembles the Mid Old War-era weapons the Arbiters of Hexis use. However, some features - such as its unique burstfire system, and its underbarrel void-sensitive mine launcher - have no counterparts in any other Tenno weapon. No record of this weapon exists in any Tenno archives.”

10. Corpus ‘Phantomic’ Pistol

“A new-model…. or perhaps old-model of particle accelerator pistol introduced in the Granum New Deal, rechambered to fire Specter particles. Kills with this weapon spawn a Specter of the enemy you killed.”

(It also fires one homing projectile per burst.)

11. Tenno ‘Lefau’  Revolver

Two round auto-burst when fired from hip, two-round burst when aimed.

12.  Sentient ‘Ulnalyst’ Plasma Weapon - 

fires plasma projectiles in full auto. Repeated hits return ammo and increase fire rate. You wear this on your wrist.

13. Tenno ‘Ordo’ Burst Pistol

Tenno 5-round burst pistol. Repeated hits increase critical damage and headshot damage

14. Corpus ‘Vos Diocor’ Pistol

"The younger brother to the Vos Armaments Klystron, the Diocor was built to saturate enemies with radiation at close range."

Has narrower beam closer to a Spectra than a flamethrower, but has radial damage whenever you hit an enemy or hard surface. Holding down the trigger for at least 8 rounds will shoot out a Plasmor-like blast.

15. Unknown Raygun
    "Blurring the line between shotgun, sidearm, and launcher, this [REDACTED] pistol fires a short burst of energy projectiles that causes explosions on impact."

Fires a five-round burst of explosive projectiles... though it has some damage fall off, to keep it from being too broken. Charge the trigger for lower falloff, increased projectile speed, and slight bonus damage.

All honesty, the last one was kind of a spur of the moment thing - I have no idea who made this! And I wanted the last entry to be something special.

Heh, in a joking way, I'd toss one of my pistols onto the pile as something to do.

In a serious way, after my phone has died mid-posting, I feel that the Cytoblast is my vote, as we don't really have much in the way of secondary "normal" grenade launchers. Plus, HAND.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Unus said:

Heh, in a joking way, I'd toss one of my pistols onto the pile as something to do.

I actually considered using your stuff but, well... I wanted everyone to vote in an unbiased way, and I felt if I wrote your stuff as an option as opposed to a dedicated entry, that'd feel... weird. I wouldn't feel good about it. I dunno, when I include your work in your thread, I want it to feel more substantial than a single entry in an art dump. I wanna do right by you, y'know?

1 hour ago, Unus said:

In a serious way, after my phone has died mid-posting, I feel that the Cytoblast is my vote, as we don't really have much in the way of secondary "normal" grenade launchers. Plus, HAND.

I don't even think we have any. Also, I'm glad you liked the joke XD

It's not really surprising to me that out of everything, the revolvers are the most popular, cause... pretty much everyone familiar with me knows how I get about revolvers. Mildly surprised, though, that people have been relatively quiet about the Oorlag and Blyat.

I've actually been sititng on an early version of the Oorlag for awhile - it's inspired by this thing

e88902f8ee22608c4e9ad4cb989748ca.jpg

15 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I actually considered using your stuff but, well... I wanted everyone to vote in an unbiased way, and I felt if I wrote your stuff as an option as opposed to a dedicated entry, that'd feel... weird. I wouldn't feel good about it. I dunno, when I include your work in your thread, I want it to feel more substantial than a single entry in an art dump. I wanna do right by you, y'know?

I don't even think we have any. Also, I'm glad you liked the joke XD

It's not really surprising to me that out of everything, the revolvers are the most popular, cause... pretty much everyone familiar with me knows how I get about revolvers. Mildly surprised, though, that people have been relatively quiet about the Oorlag and Blyat.

I've actually been sititng on an early version of the Oorlag for awhile - it's inspired by this thing

e88902f8ee22608c4e9ad4cb989748ca.jpg

Heh, as I said, that was a joke on my part. This is your place, not my playground to pollute with my ideas while I sit exhausted from nothing!

Hence why the idea seemed to grow on me there. . . OHLORDGETITOFF!

Heh, where did most of your votes come from? Perhaps that colored the results audiencewise?

That barrel parallels a barrel type from the original Borderlands, but stretched out to a ellish degree. Is this some kinda sporting target Pistol?

6 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, where did most of your votes come from? Perhaps that colored the results audiencewise?

Jado's discord and StallordD's discord, mostly. I also posted on the design council server and a friend's discord but not much came from those last two tbh

6 hours ago, Unus said:

Hence why the idea seemed to grow on me there. . . OHLORDGETITOFF!

The whole "make the audience vote" thing is always a fun experiment =D

6 hours ago, Unus said:

That barrel parallels a barrel type from the original Borderlands, but stretched out to a ellish degree. Is this some kinda sporting target Pistol?

I just realized that one doesn't quite get across the sheer size of the Gabbett Fairfax Mars. Hol up a minute...

Mars01.jpg

Okay there we go

It was intended as a semiauto pistol for the British military during the earliest days of semiauto magazine-fed pistols, but it was never adopted due to sheer size, complexity, and recoil. It'd take too long to explain said complexity right now, but the simplest way to say so is that technically this is bullpup. Because it pulls the bullet out from the mag backwards,  then upwards and forwards into the breach.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1