The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akboltos Useless Vs Kunai

simeo77

Please tell me I'm wrong but I spent bookoos of time building the AKBolto from Latos just to get outshined by an instabuild, fully automatic throwing weapon.

I 'enjoy' the feel of the AKBoltos much more than the Kunai but I can't justify using the AKBoltos instead of my Kunai in any scenario yet. If I am wrong please please let me know where the AKBoltos are better. (Edit: or at least equal)

And why is a throwing weapon fully automatic?

Edited by simeo77

Use either weapon for what you want to do, I have a akbolto 60 slots and had a kunai at one point (sold it when I got a despair). They are pretty close to equal because of the Akbolto larger clip size and fire rate. Use what you like more not what is better they are close enough.

The akbolto should be made automatic too since DE can't figure out how to fix the semi auto glitch.

Please tell me I'm wrong but I spent bookoos of time building the AKBolto from Latos just to get outshined by an instabuild, fully automatic throwing weapon.

sorry, but how do you get Akboltos from Lato? Akboltos are made from 2 boltos. Lato (x2) makes Aklato.

my opinion is that Akbolto is good. a little slow but its strong and powerful, I like it a lot despite not using it much. Kunai is also a great weap, fast and strong. both are great but if you had to choose between which is better for more fast paced game, I'd say Kunai is a better choice. but for a normal all-rounded game, I'd choose Akbolto

sorry, but how do you get Akboltos from Lato? Akboltos are made from 2 boltos. Lato (x2) makes Aklato.

my opinion is that Akbolto is good. a little slow but its strong and powerful, I like it a lot despite not using it much. Kunai is also a great weap, fast and strong. both are great but if you had to choose between which is better for more fast paced game, I'd say Kunai is a better choice. but for a normal all-rounded game, I'd choose Akbolto

Single boltos are made from latos and so on.

Single boltos are made from latos and so on.

I know, but to say "Akboltos are made from Lato" is incorrect thou. It would sound more correct to say "Akboltos are made from 2 Boltos (where it is made from 2 Latos)" rather than "Akboltos are made from Latos".

I know, but to say "Akboltos are made from Lato" is incorrect thou. It would sound more correct to say "Akboltos are made from 2 Boltos (where it is made from 2 Latos)" rather than "Akboltos are made from Latos".

You're splitting hairs here. It takes 12 hours each for Lato to Bolto, then I think it was 24 hours to AKBolto plus all the materials to make each stage. Kunai is instamake, practically and because it's fully automatic and reloads so quickly kills AKBolto in damage.

+1 to the other above posts. AKFuris, Twin Viper, Twin Bronco and even Boltor, Braton Prime, Latron Prime, etc are all beat by Kunai's dps.

Kunai, as Khaos said above, are boring. You just need to hold down the mouse button and hold the reticule in the general area of the enemy to do serious damage.

But now if I use anything else simply because I enjoy it I feel as if I'm handicapping myself big time. Takes the fun out of the secondary weapon.

My favorite weapons are Lex for sidearm and Braton for primary or AKLato/AKBolto for sidearm and Snipe Vandal as primary.... however because of dps I have no choice but to use Kunai for the sidearm and Boltor for primary 9 times out of 10.

Kunai should at least not be full auto. They are a throwing weapon, not a sub-machine gun.

AKBolto should have a damage increase vs the Kunai. They are not full auto and they fire a propelled projectile. Nobody's arm throws harder than a gun.

Edited by simeo77

Daily "I love X make it the stronkerest" post.

Haha, yes.

Once again, this horse, has been beaten so hard the bones are dust. Stop making new threads about the same topics that have been covered in-depth.

AKBolto should have a damage increase vs the Kunai. They are not full auto and they fire a propelled projectile. Nobody's arm throws harder than a gun.

Although I agree with you in general, I just want to disagree on nobody out-throwing a gun. Bionanotech super space ninjas totally could.

Even limiting ourselves to near future real world materials, Carbon Nanotubes are up to 600x as strong as human muscle tissue and have almost 3 times the "twitch" speed. A cyborg with muscles made from CNT could outdo a 50. machinegun with throwing knives.

That ignores advancing technology though, so Akbolto should still be stronger than Kunai. I personally feel they are but that's a different argument entirely.

The question is, which do you prefer? I personally got bored of my Kunai very quickly.

I got bored of the Kunai as well. But since they actually get the full usage from Gunslinger, have near-zero reload time (especially with Quickdraw or the new Nightmare mod,) and have two polarity slots already, it's hard to argue that I should be spending resources to make the Akboltos "nearly" as good as the kunai at close range, considering the spread of the akboltos makes them completely inferior around the 35-50m range.

maybe he didn't want to type something very long and pointless when everyone else other than you understood it perfectly fine.

anyways it's all about preference man, i still think Vipers are cooler than knives, even if i do take knives usually as they're more reliable.

Edited by taiiat

if every sidearm was equally viable, i'd probably be using either akbolto or twin vipers. As it is, i'm stuck with acrid, maybe eventually will be able to use spectra if they decide 1 side arm to rule them all isn't appropriate. 

Like i said, make all semi-auto guns fully auto.

Your rof won't increase, a Lex firing at 1 a second is still fire automatically at 1 round a second.

This, DE nerfed the RoF of semi.auto cuz they dont like people using macros but onw they release every weapon full auto.. DE Logic.

Problem is armor, always has been and always will be until DE fixes armor scaling. 90% of weapons are unusable because they don't have armor piercing or ignoring damage. Don't blame the Kunai, blame DE for not addressing the issue. Mobs should scale on HP not armor.

Theoretically, Akbolto should come out on top in DPS by a long shot, but the semi-auto bug makes that not so.

An Akbolto at automatic speed will put down enough burst DPS to compete with Kunai or at least thrash out Hikou.

Edited by fatpig84

An Akbolto at automatic speed will put down enough burst DPS to compete with Kunai or at least thrash out Hikou.

Even using an autofire macro, the last time I checked, I only could get a 6.8 rate with the Akbolto whereas the throwing weapons are all automatic and thus immune to the bug.  And the Akbolto would have the highest DPS of any AP/PI/SB weapon were it not for that bug.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

I'm ok with akbolto being semi-auto and seriously inaccurate at range. But there should be a tradeoff of increased damage.

From my experience, akbolto with a catalyst and forma-ed twice can't out-damage plain kunai at rank 30.

I'm ok with akbolto being semi-auto and seriously inaccurate at range. But there should be a tradeoff of increased damage.

From my experience, akbolto with a catalyst and forma-ed twice can't out-damage plain kunai at rank 30.

+1 to this post, the one saying "one sidearm to rule them all" shouldn't be, and 99% of the previous posts. Semi Auto AKBolto just feels "right" but there should/could be increased damage to compensate. Fully Auto throwing weapons make no sense either....

Armor vs Health scaling makes complete sense as well. I think making health scale rather than armor will make more weapons much more viable without having to individually tweak weapons. 

Edited by simeo77