Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Running Insanely Fast?

Sev9

Question

I've tried to ask in game, but no one answers in game. (i do ask we're standing around anyway) I have a video showing some guys running insanely fast. One of them were excalibur and the other two were rhinos i believe.You can see clearly that they just leave me (volt) in the dust. and my sprint ability only adds a short burst that makes it useless so i don't use it. 

(there is adult language in the video, so go ahead and mute if you don't want to listen.)

I know theres a mod that adds speed, but is that really all it is? I can not find that mod no matter what I do. The last two days I've played 12-15 hours (I've worn Lana Del Rey's albums out in doing so. lol) constantly on defense missions and I mostly get sential mods and mods for warframes I don't have or want. 

Any help would be great.

Edited by Sev9

Sprint and slide (press crouch when sprinting and hold it for ~1 second) will grant you a speed buff. Repeat this action every 2 seconds (due to internal cooldown on the slide speed up) and combine it with Rush mod, that gives you higher sprint speed. No need for any stamina mods, as when you slide for that 1 second and repeat that action every 2 seconds, you will get stamina back.

The rush mod eludes me so bad. that's the only mod I'm currently grinding for. And as I've mentioned, I've spent the last two days having 12-15~hours in straight play throughs.  The guys I play with normally (only 2) keep me in the lower level areas. Namely venus. Playing with randoms doesnt work out for me as I never get matched up for anyone. (opened ports and other technical suggestions out there).

I'm also one of the lackeys who can't buy platinum, I'm currently also trying to get points on prizerebel to get a UGC card which is another grind fest of itself. lol. 

Anywho. Thanks everyone for the suggestions and advice and everything else. I'm off to try to get that Rush mod.

Also, that Zorens video is insane.

Edited by Sev9

tumblr_mj1h0kWeq01s6hgako1_500.gif

Insane but real, you wont need Rush anymore once you equip the mighty Zoren!

is he just slide melee attacking with dual zorens? or is there more to it then that? apart from the obivious use of volts ability 

Edited by Sev9

So it is really just the Rush mod. Take me for example. I am a Loki, and he is the fastest of the frames out there. I have a maxed rush mod too. I leave just about everyone in the dust when I want to. So I love it even more when there is a Volt out there and he uses speed which makes me even faster.

I LOVE GOING FAST!

I've still yet to find any rush mod. I solo'd a tier 2 void raid. (not sure what else to call it.) I got roughly 10 mods in that. 50%~ were nothing but sential mods and i think 2 or 3 were mods for rhino. Did a few defense missions until waves 15 and didn't get one either. 

Are the chances of it dropping known?

this is a bug right?

Nop, it is reality, regular, working as intended :)

is he just slide melee attacking with dual zorens? or is there more to it then that? apart from the obivious use of volts ability 

That's just: Run ---> Jump ---> Slide ---> Meele Attack = Fly

Ofc Volt's speed increases it a bit... but i assure you that you can do the same thing also without

I've tried to ask in game, but no one answers in game. (i do ask we're standing around anyway) I have a video showing some guys running insanely fast. One of them were excalibur and the other two were rhinos i believe.You can see clearly that they just leave me (volt) in the dust. and my sprint ability only adds a short burst that makes it useless so i don't use it. 

(there is adult language in the video, so go ahead and mute if you don't want to listen.)

I know theres a mod that adds speed, but is that really all it is? I can not find that mod no matter what I do. The last two days I've played 12-15 hours (I've worn Lana Del Rey's albums out in doing so. lol) constantly on defense missions and I mostly get sential mods and mods for warframes I don't have or want. 

Any help would be great.

Here's the deal.Maxed Rush gives you 30% more sprint.Now after this the actual trick is (as i do it on my frame) is when you run you slide...BUT..you tap it twice (SHIFT>CTL>CTL) very fast and you continue with SHIFT.You get amazing running boost after the 2nd slide tap.With 30% Sprint + Marathon im like Flash.

I've still yet to find any rush mod. I solo'd a tier 2 void raid. (not sure what else to call it.) I got roughly 10 mods in that. 50%~ were nothing but sential mods and i think 2 or 3 were mods for rhino. Did a few defense missions until waves 15 and didn't get one either. 

Are the chances of it dropping known?

Don't bother with the Void, unless you want sentinel mods or other like Magazine wrap.

Anyway, I notice that in the clip, there was a sliding and likely the slide-slash and slide-jumps. You should get the hang of them in order to move quicker. However, being familiar with wall running is a must if you really want to cover a lot of ground fast. When I play as frost on anything but defense, I rely on wall run-jump to get my frame moving. Also, there are a few rooms where it is possible to skip much of if it you know where to wall run and jump to skip the majority of it.

Here's the deal.Maxed Rush gives you 30% more sprint.Now after this the actual trick is (as i do it on my frame) is when you run you slide...BUT..you tap it twice (SHIFT>CTL>CTL) very fast and you continue with SHIFT.You get amazing running boost after the 2nd slide tap.With 30% Sprint + Marathon im like Flash.

that actually helped a lot. I accidentally did the shift>ctrl>ctrl by accident and noticed the boost. and I couldn't tell exactly what it was that i did. After reading your post I went and tried it and that's exactly what i did. Thank you.

I finally got rush, currently upgraded to 25%. got a lot of fusion cores hopefully about to finish upgrading it to 30. 

Don't bother with the Void, unless you want sentinel mods or other like Magazine wrap.

Anyway, I notice that in the clip, there was a sliding and likely the slide-slash and slide-jumps. You should get the hang of them in order to move quicker. However, being familiar with wall running is a must if you really want to cover a lot of ground fast. When I play as frost on anything but defense, I rely on wall run-jump to get my frame moving. Also, there are a few rooms where it is possible to skip much of if it you know where to wall run and jump to skip the majority of it.

I will definitely be doing more wall runs. Thank you.

Thanks to everyone's help, I've been able to learn how to keep up to everyone or even pass them. It's really fun. Thank you guys so much. I may try to speed run a level (solo so i don't ruin others experience) and record it as well to see if there's anything you guys can point out that I'll need to improve. You guys were a seriously big help. Much much appreciated.

You perform mini wall runs, pull on crates to get a speed buff, and some more free stamina.

in the corpus tunnels, a 1 second wall run will shoot you out the other end, it also lets you mid air kick anything thats out there, for a free knockdown.

Jump Hold Shift Hold Ctrl, when you land, push jump again for a spin, then Hold Shift Hold Ctrl, and tap Ctrl again, then tap E with any slight weapon with Fury on.

Whats interesting to notice that once your mobility and speed increases, your Damage taken drops.

You can sprint/slide into big packs of mobs Unload close range weapons then spring back, taking very little damage.

Oven the Orthos can "Roflcopter" and whiles its not a massive speed boost it does let you change direction in mid air, if you accidentally overshot a cliff.

Edited by Tatersail

Oven the Orthos can "Roflcopter" and whiles its not a massive speed boost it does let you change direction in mid air, if you accidentally overshot a cliff.

well all weapons allows you to do that :)

(at least all the weapons i've tried)