Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Take A Break From Making New Frames

Solaurus

Listen. If I am an employee at Digital Extremes tasked with sculpting and editing models in Maya or 3DSMax, chances are I'm getting paid for coming to work.

Chances also are I don't know anything about balance and I'm unqualified to actually go code stats and skills.

So this suggestion by that one guy on the forums that I take a paid vacation and do nothing while other people work their asses off is likely to be fine by me, but not by the heads of the company.

Listen. If I am an employee at Digital Extremes tasked with sculpting and editing models in Maya or 3DSMax, chances are I'm getting paid for coming to work.

Chances also are I don't know anything about balance and I'm unqualified to actually go code stats and skills.

So this suggestion by that one guy on the forums that I take a paid vacation and do nothing while other people work their asses off is likely to be fine by me, but not by the heads of the company.

If they have brains, the balancing all skills should take them short time. they don't must to do animations or new sounds, these are just numbers: damage , metres radius, energy cost. and scrpits to add for example add stagger for that skill. thats all.

The only problem is brain, think how to balance.

Playing the games I see many people don't have brain for this. I love fighting games and there are so many bad games that fighting mechanism have no sense.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

If they have brains, the balancing all skills should take them short time. they don't must to do animations or new sounds, these are just numbers: damage , metres radius, energy cost. and scrpits to add for example add stagger for that skill. thats all.

Playing the games I see many people don't have brain for this. I love fighting games and there are so many bad games that fighting mechanism have no sense.

Balancing isn't actually that easy. "Having brains" doesn't mean you'll instantly find the sweet spot that makes the game perfectly fair to everyone and everything. Especially in fighting games, there's a lot of math that goes into it and every change has ramifications way beyond what people like you may think is easy and simple.

Maybe you should try making your own game before speaking like an authority on the matter, because you don't sound like you have any kind of experience with balancing a game.

All it takes is a look at the forums and the thousands of posters all loudly screaming for different, mutually exclusive changes to their favorite (or least favorite) weapons and frames to see that balance is in no way a simple task. Even when DE makes changes that are near-universally demanded (aura hotfix, anyone?) there are always complainers that come out of the woodwork.

Of course, NONE of these complainers (such as yourself) have any idea what it takes to create or balance a healthy game; the fact that DE has managed to create such a popular game while still ignoring the legions of whiners is a testament to that truth.

Okay, I don't know why this keeps popping up.

DE has stated time after time, both on the forums and in livestreams, that they're currently working on revamping all the older frames. Infact the latest one they said they were looking into is Ember (imo all she really needs is more base speed and percentage damage instead of flat damage), so how about we just kind of wait and see what they have in store?

Edit: I also agree with the poster above me. Balancing takes time. That's why you still see things being rebalanced and reworked in some of the largest MMOs available. Hell, didn't Aion recieve a "4.0" rebalance update recently? And how long has that game been out? Couple years now? Half a decade or so? *rolls eyes*

Gotta love people who think making a video game, especially an online one, is easy.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Okay, I don't know why this keeps popping up.

DE has stated time after time, both on the forums and in livestreams, that they're currently working on revamping all the older frames. Infact the latest one they said they were looking into is Ember (imo all she really needs is more base speed and percentage damage instead of flat damage), so how about we just kind of wait and see what they have in store?

Edit: I also agree with the poster above me. Balancing takes time. That's why you still see things being rebalanced and reworked in some of the largest MMOs available. Hell, didn't Aion recieve a "4.0" rebalance update recently? And how long has that game been out? Couple years now? Half a decade or so? *rolls eyes*

Gotta love people who think making a video game, especially an online one, is easy.

I don't think its easy at all. I know it's hard, maybe not personally, but they wouldn't be asking for community input if it wasn't hard. Stop assuming stuff YOUD DON'T KNOW MEEE!!!!! YOU DONT KNOW MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

No need new warframes and weapons, bring more new content like, new maps, bosses, quests etc .

I agree with you, but most of the player base forgets about the bugs and game problems if you throw something "shiny" at them. So we will see more frames, more primes and more weapons.

It's best to never use the word 'balance' with regards to this PvE oriented game, because it doesn't float well.

I really don't understand why people keep saying this.

It sure is fun being useless because your favorite frame is weaker than all the others! F*** balance!

I really don't understand why people keep saying this.

It sure is fun being useless because your favorite frame is weaker than all the others! F*** balance!

This is what I'm trying to say. Whats the point of playing a game if you can't do what you like and have fun in it? I don't want to play games that forces me against my will to adopt  new playstyle once I already found one I like. DE keeps throwing it around that they try their hardest to make all frames "god tier" but they can't do that if they keep pumping out more broken frames, which will prompt more buffing and become a vicious cycle until every frame can kill level 300's with their #1 ability because all the new frames can do it, so why not the older ones. People who say balance isn't needed aren't developers and its a good thing they aren't.