Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Good Is Banshee On High Lv Defense?

B0AR

Paired with good defense wfs, she is extremely usefull cause of her Sonar and SQ, the first to give x5 more damage, therefore ammo ocnsumption is reduced... and SQ staggers and deals good damage to smaller units, clearing up well, especially cause she can get to 450 energy with Flow :)

Simple answer, Silence and Sound Quake suck however the CC abilities of Sonic Boom and the damage boosting abilities of Sonar can really add to a group.  However, when limited to a group of 4, you'll likely be better served by other jobs.

to clarify, I'm speaking of mobs 50+

Edited by Fuilteach

Depends on what you consider high defense missions because if the enemies are up to lvl 60-70 sound-quake should kill all non-heavies from the entire room if have stretch but on higher levels it will only be usefull as short crowd control, on higher levels she kinda relies on sonar as offensive tho.. i doubt that random mates are going to target the orange glowing part instead of the classic head shoot, silence is useless, sonic boom might be usefull if frost or vauban run out of energy but it will be hard to survive if they swarm on you XD

Gahhh.. bullS#&$, banshee's not needed anymore in defense since there's nova

Edited by Hatr

all weak aoe like from frost and even strong aoe like from saryn was replaced by NOVA

if you want very high dps get NOVA

NOVA=best aoe nuke, best small aoe with 10x damage

banshee is nothing special anymore. there is no point to take banshee for high waves

What kinda defense and what role ya aiming?

Sound Quake, good for most part but not at higher waves in endless defense, helps speed up the progress at lower wave

Sonic boom, only good for CC (Pushing mobs away from the pod)

Sonar, always useful for some extra damage

Conclusion, its up to you but you can only have 4 in a team. Sacrificing one spot for a Banshee's Sonar wave at high end waves may not seem like a wise choice when you have better frames out there that are better for high waves defense role. 

all weak aoe like from frost and even strong aoe like from saryn was replaced by NOVA

banshee is nothing special anymore. there is no point to take banshee for high waves

Banshee = Sonar = More DMG

i dont have banshee, but if i was ever to build a banshee, it sure wouldnt be fore defense (because i dont know about others, but i dont really have time to aim in defense missions). The sonar ability of banshee makes boss hunts much easier.

Then again, thats 1 skill out of four which makes me not want to was a slot and a reactor on a banshee. 

Edited by Ventias

Nova is, as I thought it would be, on pair with Vauban but I think Banshee is still a better choice as she is a perfect all-around Warframe. She as very decent shields, very decent health, awesome energy pool and average speed. Yes her armor is quite low but you have every tool possible to defend yourself and deal massive damage without feeling squishy even once.

Edited by J.C.Santos

I'm not getting Nova, her design is disgusting to me lol.  Right now I'm stuck between Nyx and Banshee but I'm leaning towards Banshee because a lot of my friends say Nyx is boring.

Honestly, I didn't really like Banshee at all. Silence is useless, Sound Quake hardly does any damage to elites anymore, and Sonic Boom is only useful for knocking down ancients. Sonar is really her only good skill, and even then, it's entirely dependent on your accuracy and ability to quickly see the weak points when they're highlighted.

If you want a good female warframe for defense, try Nyx. She may be a pain to farm for, but she makes high level defense almost trivial. As the waves go on and the enemy levels increase, so does the power of Nyx's abilities. Psychic bolts may not be all that powerful, and Absorb may be the slightest bit bugged, but Nyx is still the best (female) warframe for defense.

Edit: I don't consider Nyx boring in the slightest. She has a wider range of useful abilities than Banshee, which makes her much more fun to use. I had quite a bit more fun with Nyx then I did with Banshee, mostly because you'll hardly be doing anything except shooting with Banshee.

Edited by JustAnotherRougeAI

well, with banshee (my favorite frame) you can push enemies away from the snow globe or pod with sonic boom. sonar can help kill mobs, and sound quake for giving your team mates time to revive or to shoot mobs.

or you can put a well timed chaos from nyx.

So sonar and absolute god melee pod defense is bad?

Yeah, don't post again.

well, with banshee (my favorite frame) you can push enemies away from the snow globe or pod with sonic boom. sonar can help kill mobs, and sound quake for giving your team mates time to revive or to shoot mobs.

or you can put a well timed chaos from nyx.

Agree.

Banshee can actually defend and attack, but Nova is much more ofensive. I would pick Banshee everyday. At least I don't have to spam Molecular Prime every second to actually be usefull.

So I'm making my first Female Warframe and was wondering if Banshee is good at High Lv defense.

- Opinions appreciated.

i did a wave 50 xini with her pre u9. Dat sonar... but yah sonar and her knockback are usefull.  Once the mobs were 200 plus, SB was only hitting ancients for around 10 a tick.  But it makes for great cc if crap hits the fan or your vauban forgets that bastille.  Sonar really starts to shine past level 100 on mobs.

Banshee is great for defense and everything else. Snowglobe + Sonic Boom = nobody ever getting anywhere near hurting the cryopod. And as for Sonar - well, 500% damage is 500% damage. I like coupling her with a shotgun and obliterating heavies in a shot or two. Dread/Paris/Vandaltron turn into one hit kill machines.

Silence is obviously junk and I don't find SQ to be worth a slot, but sonic boom can be spammed to great effect in defense missions (and elsewhere), and Sonar is the best ability in the game.

Edited by xveganrox

Banshee was and is my number one Warframe of choice for high level defense. 

With her new helmet you can cast Sonar for the equivalent of 6 energy assuming 4 Siphons. With power damage stacking you can get Sonar to a 580% debuff IIRC, letting you kill enemies faster, save on ammo, and not need an enemy radar.

Sonic boom is the best thing in the game to get Toxics off of the pod, as well as having a chance to instagib any enemy with impacts.

Soundquake is a 10 second staggerlock on every enemy in a ~25m radius with max stretch.

Furthermore when paired with a Saryn using Venom and an explosive weapon you can deal insane amounts of damage, and clear out level 200+ ancients with ease.

Other Warframes definitely dish out more power damage, but Banshee becomes one of the best support warframes in high level defense. 

Psychic bolts is the almost obligatory useless skill. Most frames have these. Like Silence(in general), Fireball or Contagion.

Banshee's excellent. Really excellent. SQ is an amazing, and huge CC machine, Sonic Boom = keep away from the pod, Sonar = 1 shot Ancients/Tech/Heavies.... Remember she has 400+ energy with flow, that's a lot of CC spells in one round.