Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corps Defense Missions Harder Than Hell

Grieflz

Hello, i have the feeling that something was wrong calculated when in the update 9 someone thing about to improve enemies to more focus the defense target.

- "Enemies will storm the defense targets, which makes them much more aggressive towards it."

Ok, i was some days  playing lvl 50 - 60 missions of all types, normal and nightmare too, and Void towers III too,  and then, i go to a level 35 corp defense mission to help a friend with a team of level 3 - 4 accounts players and we wiped out more than 5 times to beat it, 3 times in the 1st round... and that leaving in the wave 5 at 1st reward...

How do you think someone can stay in that mision for reach the last wave and get the best rewards if people that usually play lvl 50-60 normal and nightmares missions can't hold the target alive for the first rounds?

Now corps enemies shot from all ways to the target from a distance that your skills can't prevent them to destroy it.. im loky, and i place a decoy but they continue focusing the target instead and in 15 or 20 second the target is destroyed and the mission lost.

Thats are my feeling abount corps defense mission after update 9 what is the same that all people i ask about.

Waiting for other player opinions about that kind of mission, if someone don't know what im talking about can try the mission that this happend to me, Eligor in Europe.

Edited by Grieflz

Ehhhh, failure to prepare does not really mean it was too hard imho.

I haven't had any problems doing anything in the game since update 9. I've noticed a little difficulty increase, but I've yet to throw the keyboard in frustration.

Every time I've died it's been my fault so far, the difficulty has been refreshing, although most certainly not insurmountable. It's ok to have to try again. It really is.

I also play Loki and have since stopped using him in Defense for the same reason mentioned above: Decoy doesn't work in defense anymore due to the aggro tables.

Damn shame too, I polarized my loki twice and stuck a reactor in him, he's my most used next to Nyx and Trinity.

Frost laughs at them until a random Railgun MOA somehow shot through Snow Globe. Or a shockwave Moa got in and nobody bothered to shoot it till it steps down.

Or get a Frost AND Vauban in the team, cast globe and bastile, and go afk. If you have competent damage dealers with you, they will do the rest.

Or get a Frost AND Vauban in the team, cast globe and bastile, and go afk. If you have competent damage dealers with you, they will do the rest.

Considering you can defeat a pod with an untatered Frost against Corpus lvl40 to lvl65 for 15 waves, solo, I am sure you can do this without such an "ideal" lineup.

Now corps enemies shot from all ways to the target from a distance that your skills can't prevent them to destroy it.. im loky, and i place a decoy but they continue focusing the target instead and in 15 or 20 second the target is destroyed and the mission lost.

Waiting for other player opinions about that kind of mission, if someone don't know what im talking about can try the mission that this happend to me, Eligor in Europe.

Interesting, I think I will check it out. I think there's a reason why Xini was one of the most farmed defense missions. It was high level and had infested, which are easy to defend against. Defense against the other two factions is just way harder without frost - and no, the solution is not "just use frost". Other frames should be able to do these missions, too - frost should just make it really easy.

I would argue the opposite point.

I don't think Corpus actually ever get hard. Even late level infested, who still just run blindly into bastilles, puddles of torid grease, and tightly packed ogris shots are more difficult than corpus- Ancients are actually dangerous, and require concentrated fire to kill.

Grineer have hitscan bullet showers, and actually wear armor.

The only faction that stays consistently easy across all levels of difficulty is corpus. Their bodies are unarmored, they stop to take cover and shoot, and their most dangerous mob is just a bullet sponge with a gorgon that poops ospreys. That's not nearly as bad as a giant space octopus man that leaves a puddle of acid on the ground when he dies, or a marine that throws robot bowling balls at you.

Nearly every gun works against corpus, even the bolt guns with slow projectiles firing from 50 yards downrange on the dam defense level. The moas all walk into bullets, and the crewmen will stand still to shoot, and are vulnerable to body shots.