Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Graphic Options For Low-End Computers

ArktinenSieni

Hey!

Short word from the laptop users! 

The game is awesome. But some of our computers can't stand the amount of awesomeness the game is offering. 

Simply said, I'd hope there would be few more options to increase your performance, even the surroundings would look like crap. Graphics are not why I've became to like this game, it's every other aspect of the game. The heaviest stress is caused by the void, and water (which is quite common in the void). Usually when Lotus says "Odds were against us..." I think "FPS were against us...." instead.

Thankyou for reading

Arctic Mushroom

Edited by ArktinenSieni

I dont have any problems on my decently speced pc but when i look at my sisters laptop (HD3000 or HD4000) running it i do notice that it gets quite laggy sometimes (still playable), this would only be worse on older laptops. However i still think the game actually looks very nice on it and i do think they could tone down textures etc more and still have a playable game, giving better frame rates to lower end computers and laptops.

Override graphics in graphic board panel, level of detail, texture detail, ansitropic filtering mode and multiplier, temporal anti alising, adaptive anti alising, anti alising mode and multiplier, mipmap detail,............,.................,...................

That and many more things should be available. The ingame settings are only a portion of what you can change.

If you want i can decrease texture quality and take a screenshot at how bad i can make things look.

Override graphics in graphic board panel, level of detail, texture detail, ansitropic filtering mode and multiplier, temporal anti alising, adaptive anti alising, anti alising mode and multiplier, mipmap detail,............,.................,...................

That and many more things should be available. The ingame settings are only a portion of what you can change.

If you want i can decrease texture quality and take a screenshot at how bad i can make things look.

That would be great, and also explaining how to do this wouldn't be a bad idea.

Well, i like to define graphics in 3 categories:

- model complexity

This is something i can't change, it's regarding poligons and how many of them exist at one time, more complex = more demanding it is

- Textures quality

Pretty much the main thing you can change, you see, consoles back in the day when 3d games were beeing made and even now these settings are tweaked so you get a good performance without sacrificing much in the visuals.

You probably noticed that the further you are from textures, the worse they become, in the end they become a blurr, you can adjust the distance and the texture quality so you determine how much you are willing to sacrifice in order to get extra performance.

- image overall addons

I guess here we can include antialising, resolution, bloom and other visual effects that are applied on the image you get on screen, i guess you know what these do.

I played a game called phantasy star online, it has no graphic options, but i still managed to introduce antialising and tweak the texture detail, since it's an old game i tweaked the appearence to perfection, it may be a 2000 game, but with these settings i'm positive you need a better computer then the ones released in 2000.

When i came to warframe i forgot to disable these settings, this resulted in less than 1 FPS in warframe, so i had to go in and disable and tweak things to a more reasonable level.

Keep in mind these settings by all means affect the cpu demand when lot's of enemies are around

On nvidia i have no idea, but on ati graphic boards i use ATI tray tools, it's similar to the cataclyst control center but offers more options.

optionswm.png

On warframe, settings are a bit different

ki5.png

Edited by KIREEKPSO