Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Colorblind mode or any ideas/options that could help

Tanek09

Question

Hello, all.  I have been playing Warframe a couple months now and I keep running into issues related to not being able to see the red used for some markers in the game.

Examples of what I can't see very well: the target marker in a capture mission, the text marking a squad member bleeding out, the marker for the last elusive enemy in a defense mission wave.

To a lesser extent, I noticed the orange highlighting in the synthesis scanner is difficult for me to see as well.

Other players have probably experienced this or something similar over the years. Any advice on how to change the color or work around the issue?

Thanks.

Edited by Tanek09
spelling

6 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

I went through the options, sure there was a color-blind mode thing, but found that there wasn't. The closest thing to it was Color correction, and thats not what you're looking for. 

There really should be a color-blind mode for this game. 

I was hoping I had just missed something.

You would be surprised at the number of games that put some of the most important visual information in colors that are problematic for a portion of the playerbase. I can hope DE takes colorblindness into account in a future update. :)

1 minute ago, Tanek09 said:

I was hoping I had just missed something.

You would be surprised at the number of games that put some of the most important visual information in colors that are problematic for a portion of the playerbase. I can hope DE takes colorblindness into account in a future update. :)

Yeah. Pretty much every game I've played has a color-blind mode. I guess thats why I assumed it was there. If anything, this is something you should get ahold of DE about, but make sure they aren't already working on it before you do so. Sorry I can't provide much help. 

I'm not colorblind, but I can think of a few options, not sure if these can help:

1. Using Calibrate display color inside windows control panel.

2. Graphics card control panel usually have options to adjust color/hue, you should check that out.

3. For individual 3d game you can use reshade as a workaround solution. It has a shader called 3D LUT, basically remap a color to another one. 

Here is some idea about how it works. Look for guides to make your own LUT with google if you think this can get the job done.

Working to help coloblind people is a task they have been doing for a couple years, closets used to look the same, the change it so the closed reds differ from the green and the black, also several adjustments to door iconography.

Just be sure to go to the feedback section and explain your situation and any ideas you can share that could help, its probably not gonna come right away, but they should will do something about it. cheers.

4 hours ago, Pavelord said:

Working to help coloblind people is a task they have been doing for a couple years, closets used to look the same, the change it so the closed reds differ from the green and the black, also several adjustments to door iconography.

Just be sure to go to the feedback section and explain your situation and any ideas you can share that could help, its probably not gonna come right away, but they should will do something about it. cheers.

Glad to hear they are making progress on it. I will add a post in Feedback. Thanks.

4 hours ago, failedtodiet said:

I'm not colorblind, but I can think of a few options, not sure if these can help:

1. Using Calibrate display color inside windows control panel.

2. Graphics card control panel usually have options to adjust color/hue, you should check that out.

3. For individual 3d game you can use reshade as a workaround solution. It has a shader called 3D LUT, basically remap a color to another one. 

Here is some idea about how it works. Look for guides to make your own LUT with google if you think this can get the job done.

I will check into these options. Seems like any change made this way could distort many of the other colors, though, which I'd like to avoid if possible. Thanks.