Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heat Sword Prime

(XBOX)Sneak Attack 65

5 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Isn't the Heat Sword a Grineer weapon? Only Tenno weapons get primes. Besides, it looks more like Silvia than a Heat Sword variant.

It's definetly Tenno.

On thread, I'd really really like it even though i don't see it happening, sadly.

If the prime visual treatment and buff is most likely not happening, find comfort in the fact that a CO build with a Riven and weaping wounds does wonders for this weapon.

12 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

It's definetly Tenno.

On thread, I'd really really like it even though i don't see it happening, sadly.

If the prime visual treatment and buff is most likely not happening, find comfort in the fact that a CO build with a Riven and weaping wounds does wonders for this weapon.

I don't see how it's a Tenno weapon. Just look at the name, Heat Sword. You'd expect a heat based sword made by the Tenno to be called Kratos, or Vulcan, and not Heat Sword. Grineer on the other hand, are kinda dumb, which is why this naming fits for them. The unique names their weapons have are likely just normal words in their language. Like the Jat'kittag, which could possibly be translated to "Rocket Hammer". Heat Sword could simply be translated beforehand to let new players know what the weapon is about, as it could likely be their first elemental damage based weapon, since the Once Awake quest is obtained pretty early.

As for the design of the Heat Sword, you can literally see the small gas canister on the side of its handle, and it looks way more crude and mechanical than standard Tenno weaponry. It looks makeshift, crude, hand made, crafted like a Grineer weapon, solely to fulfil it's purpose and now worry about aesthetics. It's even got a jungle camo skin if I'm not mistaken, something most Grineer weapons have.

This concludes that the Heat Sword/Dagger family are Grineer weapons, and therefore cannot be primed. However, the can get a Wraith variant, though it doesn't do much with it's design.

Edited by Denny2669

39 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

I don't see how it's a Tenno weapon. Just look at the name, Heat Sword. You'd expect a heat based sword made by the Tenno to be called Kratos, or Vulcan, and not Heat Sword. Grineer on the other hand, are kinda dumb, which is why this naming fits for them. The unique names their weapons have are likely just normal words in their language. Like the Jat'kittag, which could possibly be translated to "Rocket Hammer". Heat Sword could simply be translated beforehand to let new players know what the weapon is about, as it could likely be their first elemental damage based weapon, since the Once Awake quest is obtained pretty early.

As for the design of the Heat Sword, you can literally see the small gas canister on the side of its handle, and it looks way more crude and mechanical than standard Tenno weaponry. It looks makeshift, crude, hand made, crafted like a Grineer weapon, solely to fulfil it's purpose and now worry about aesthetics. It's even got a jungle camo skin if I'm not mistaken, something most Grineer weapons have.

This concludes that the Heat Sword/Dagger family are Grineer weapons, and therefore cannot be primed. However, the can get a Wraith variant, though it doesn't do much with it's design.

I fail to see how the name supports your theory rather than mine: Tenno have a scythe called Reaper, a burst fire rifle called Burston and a bolt firing weapon called Boltor, lol.

Besides, since we're using the names to justify their origin, go back to grineer weaponry and see their names: Most of them have either a J or a K in their names and lack any english meaning whatsoever, in complete contrast with heat sword.

Let's go one step above: When grineer weaponry get a dual version, they are called 'twin ABCD" as per: Twin grakatas, twin basolks, twin gremlins, etc.

The heat sword on the other hand gets a dual heat sword, exactly like tenno weaponry do: dual kamas (prime), dual raza, dual skana.

And if all that amazingly doesn't convince you, it's a known fact that all alert weapons are tenno made.

This concludes the heat sword/dual heat sword, heat dagger and every alert weapon are tenno made and therefore eligible to be primed.

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr