The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Region Chat Suspension

Reconsile

I've been playing Warframe for about 3 years now, and I can pretty safely say, I know mostly what the do's and don'ts of Region Chat are. However, with talking in Region chat, I cam across a player with a name that was ALL caps, and a pretty long one. I proceeded to "@" him after a joke question he asked in chat, and was subsequently kicked by KickBot for "all caps spamming". I logged out and logged back in thinking it was just a kick and I could refresh, only to find out I was suspended from Region. Unfortunately I cannot accurately remember the player's name, but it was something like "THELONGESTDONGYOUEVERSEEN". Now honestly, I am not upset about the suspension. I can always just play the game or player another game instead of talking. However I believe this is a problem that should be brought up. Why punish people for using a tagging system implemented in game for simply "@-ing" a person that chose to use capitals? I understand that this is most likely just an oversight that almost never happens, and thus DE may not even be aware of this fault with their KickBot. I won't say this is a fix that is high priority, but I believe is should still be known and eventually fixed to decrease suffering over something that isn't a player's fault.

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Is using @ in any chat channel supported, as in does it alert the player mentioned, or is it just text that the player may or may not see?

"@" someone will only show a red dot above the appropriate chat for the person that is being tagged for. Other than that, there is no real indicator. Tagging will not put an alert on other chats, but tagging does work on every chat.

The issue, then, is that using an @ to ping someone is just text on the backend. You can't just say anything with an @ before it will be ignored because people would just exploit it to be people on the internet.The bot would need to check the player list to check for valid player names, it is just a matter of if this can be done with little enough overhead that spam isn't allowed to stay on screen for too long.

Seems like a bit of a problem to be solved.

Expect, when you @ someone, similar to when you link an item with [   ] it will open a drop menu of all potential names as you type the name. And just like linking an item, the name is highlighted. DE quite clearly has made the effort of tagging people easier. It is just a matter of clearing the tag/linking system from KickBot's blacklist imo. This obviously will never be a problem with an Item since mods and weapons are never in full caps. However this makes me curious about whether or not linking Octavia songs with names in full caps will cause the same problem?

1 hour ago, Reconsile said:

Expect, when you @ someone, similar to when you link an item with [   ] it will open a drop menu of all potential names as you type the name. And just like linking an item, the name is highlighted. DE quite clearly has made the effort of tagging people easier. It is just a matter of clearing the tag/linking system from KickBot's blacklist imo. This obviously will never be a problem with an Item since mods and weapons are never in full caps. However this makes me curious about whether or not linking Octavia songs with names in full caps will cause the same problem?

Yes it does. I've been kicked a couple of times for that when I copied a song over and shared it. The chat bot has a lot of holes in its programming when talking about key words and content as well. Go ahead and try talking about Harrow drop locations and where the best farm for them is. Not about were to farm them since we know, but the BEST place that everyone is farming at. Things like that tend to get spam responses out of the bot or outright delete your question and take your notification spam strait to pm.