Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Jupiter junction is WAAAY to hard

Question

ok WTF is wrong with this junction? that creature named valkyr can take down a rank 30 rhino within seconds. new players cannot even take their time with this because it being time limited. 

by time limited i mean it says the whole "MISSION FAIL IMMINENT - KILL TARGET" and gives you 1 minute to kill her

Edited by CorruptedSentient
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

I believe the Jupiter junction is the junction that one needs to unlock the planet Jupiter (it's on Ceres).  The Europa junction is on Jupiter, so I don't think it's possible to have Nova for this fight as a new player.

Very true. Had a little bit of a lapse. Some reason was thinking Jupiter Junction was the Saturn Junction.

I waited till the specter used there first power then flew in with volt and gave them a good thrashing with ethers sword.  On rare ocassions you may need to back up and attack like a furious space ninja.  I never noticed any time limit mustve been too fast .  However if you are really finding it difficult use ash.

I did that one by keeping an eye on her healthbar, when it goes grey, she's temporarily immortal. Just run and jump around like mad and avoid her. Once it runs out, she wont cast it straight away again. If you can manage to hit with a heavy slam attack, she ll be ragdolling a bit and is an easier target. Kinda counter-intuitive, to beat a nearly immortal melee specter with melee i guess.

That fight made me wanna farm valkyr as soon as i knew where(Alad V-Themisto node). Maybe some kind of trauma, but now valkyr is one of my favorites for just dumb fun raging all over the place, killing and screaming like a lunatic. 

57 minutes ago, (NSW)IronElemental said:

I did that one by keeping an eye on her healthbar, when it goes grey, she's temporarily immortal. Just run and jump around like mad and avoid her. Once it runs out, she wont cast it straight away again. If you can manage to hit with a heavy slam attack, she ll be ragdolling a bit and is an easier target. Kinda counter-intuitive, to beat a nearly immortal melee specter with melee i guess.

That fight made me wanna farm valkyr as soon as i knew where(Alad V-Themisto node). Maybe some kind of trauma, but now valkyr is one of my favorites for just dumb fun raging all over the place, killing and screaming like a lunatic. 

sept  2017

TBH I did most junctions with Excalibur - press 4, hit a lot with the shiny. Mostly works, though some were trickier than others. IIRC I opened every junction with Excal and his sword, just out of principle, even though I stopped using him for the later planets.

But as the OP was writing several years ago, maybe the OP meleee option wasn't available to him. Now why are all these threads getting necro'd so often recently?

not sure if this has already been said, but here goes

Valkyr has an ability that makes her impervious to damage and grants her lifesteal on her melee weapon.
If memory serves me right I believe the spectre activates this ability at ~50% health.
If she does use this ability it is crucial that you avoid being hit by her, otherwise she will gain her health back.
If she gains enough health back she well reactivate the ability when she gets brought back down to 50% health.

So the strategy is this:
Avoid entering melee range with her at all costs.
If she starts taking no damage (her health bar will turn grey), keep avoiding her but conserve your ammo until the ability ends or she switches back to guns.
Once she is vulnerable again, keep shooting her until she dies.

If I remember correctly, I was running Rhino with a Fragor at the time I was passing that junction (don't remember what  mods, but couldn't have been anything advanced).

My "strategy" was usually to do a ground slam into the specter, knocking them down. Then just continue putting the hammer down so they can't get up and kill me. If they do manage to get up and cast something - run away and hide until the spell expires (and then repeat).

That said, this was a while ago, so I might have had do use something else on Valkyr specifically.

Edit: Just noticed the OP was from 2017. How did this thread get resurrected so hard?

Edited by (NSW)BalticBarbarian
On 2021-02-23 at 11:07 PM, CrackMaster69 said:

Just do a flip. And use the secret technique of the Joestar family. 

Would be funny if OP turned out to be the one who invented the joestar family secret technique.

I mean, he posted this thread four years ago. It's not impossible that in those four years he trained and became absolutely great at it, then invented and popularized a secret technique, which picked up by a random necromancer, who accidentally suggest it to the master, not knowing who he's talking to.

i know, i know. I watched too much kung fu movies. I'll head out now.