Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

having a really weird problem

MycroftMacarthur

i don't know what is causing this but for the past few days, any time i play warframe for more then 5 minutes at a time my eyes begin to hurt and i start to feel really sick, its making it to where i just cannot play at all.

what i don't understand is i don't seem to be getting this anywhere else with any other game or circumstance, people tell me i need to take more breaks or eat more but this is happening even right after a meal or after im fully rested or have just gone for a walk, i even just came from a doctors appointment where they did some lab work and they said i was in good shape for someone my age.

did a recent update add some new graphical changes that could be the cause of this or is there some setting i could be changing that would make it easier on me?

Hmmmm, don't know what could be the problem, cause yknow I'm not a doctor, but I remember which settings that made the game seem off and weird to me, one being the colour correction, motion blur and for some odd reason DOF. But really that's all I could say about the matter.

Try turning off these settings:

- Motion Blur 

- Depth of Field

- Bloom

- Colour Correction

- Volumetric Lighting

- Glare

I have also faced similar problems with you, I get a terrible, splitting headache and eye pain when I played the game at full graphical settings. With these turned off, it became much more manageable. If you have not touched the game in a long while, it can happen too as your eyes are not used to the strain. Also, ensure that your room is well-lit, it also reduces the strain on your eyes.

May I ask how old are you sir? Maybe because there is something with your eyes what the doctors cannot detect but also the menu option changes could solve some of these problems. The guys above me mentionned and that could help. 

I have no had this problem with the game only happens something similar if I play tens of hours. The only problem for my game is maybe my projector because that make weird sounds when I play the game but only does that weird crackling whe I turn on my projector when turned off then it doesn't do that.

I felt really sick in several games in my life. FPS, but not Warframe at the moment. Changing video settings might help sometimes. Like vertical sync or anything to increase fps, or to lessen flickering and flashing. Maybe change the distance to the monitor or the pose on your chair.

I suppose for me it's the same kind as seasickness or sickness in the car-travel, etc.. When your eyes are telling to your brain something different from your vestibular.

In fact it was hard to get rid of. :( But somehow it's gone now.

IMO, Motion Blur and Color Correction would be one of the cause, I don't know what are the other, but with the motion blur active you'll feel a little bit sick due to those blurred slow mo-ish feels. Also maybe you could try to lower your bloom effect since warframe has a lot of flashy, vibrant-ish colors especially when you're with a squad of skill spammers with colorful energies.

Yeah I would suggest turning off the motion blur. It is the most likely culprit. After that I would turn down bloom. I personally can't handle the bloom at normal settings much less if it is turned up. I would suggest about 20 to 30 percent rather than the 50 percent it starts at.