Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bad quest success/fail algorithm

alergiclaprosti

Why, in the Ambulas mission (specially when it's in Sortie), does it keep counting the failing criteria after the wining criteria has been achieved?!

DE, take out the Solo option from the game if you clearly stopped caring for balance.

So, if I go Solo I have to hack 4 Ambulas' that spawn 2 at a time while the orbit ship focuses all the attacks on them so they can't be hacked with a non-invulnerable frame, while the group has to only hack 6?!

I "failed" a mission when the objective status was 4 hacked ambulas' and 3 failed ambulas' (even if the not-hacked one came after the 4th hacked one).

I guess I have to play invulnerable frames if I want to play SOLO!

Edited by alergiclaprosti

Salt achieved.

Git Gud handed out. 

But really, all you have to do is grind more, and get better at the game if you want to do solo. You can argue all you want about the balance of the solo/public count, but it really isn't a problem. You're over-reacting. 

I do believe, however, that there is something else you're trying to tell me that's actually related to the title. So can you elaborate? 

Sortie Ambulas fight is an absolute travesty, particularly solo. Tight time limits, ceaseless floods of 0.1-second-kill stuff to dodge, a wave of what felt like 20 Combas.. and of course, the Ambulas themselves (even a pair of them!) with archetypal overscaled EHP you're tasked with chipping through while all the other chaos goes on around you.

And then you get bad timing that starts the bombardment just as you drop the Ambulas' health so you don't get the chance to havk it before it recuperates. Magical! Hope you can knock it down a second time before the dropship comes.

7 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

But really, all you have to do is grind more, and get better at the game if you want to do solo. You can argue all you want about the balance of the solo/public count, but it really isn't a problem. You're over-reacting.

As someone who has all the things and should probably be pretty competent after thousands of gameplay hours, it still failed me out a few times from sheer count of cheap oneshots, because the timer precludes proper careful tactics. And that's with Sentinel Sacrifice adding a couple extra pick-me-ups.

I saw this coming when the event was on, and voiced a warning. Just typical that no effort was made to curtail the scaling issues.

Better toss Ambulassassination into the box of "how much do I really want to do my Sortie today" along with Sargas. He was getting lonely in there since Kela and Hek got made status proccable and therefore reasonable to actually damage without 4CP.

I agree that once you meet the win condition it should no longer fail you, after all you hacked what you needed to the rest don't matter. 

However I also think you should have a glass of water and take a minute to compose yourself. Angry feedback doesn't always reach one's ears as well as a calmer voice. 

You get a decent group and it's cake.... that's IF you can get one. Tried this three times and two of which we had people who thought it was a god idea to try and just go melee and face tank it. I spent most of the time reviving people. >.> That is until I changed out to my Slowva and we magically managed to pick up two more competent people. I'll say this, Mag actually helps a lot in this fight as well as people actually doing their field cleaning like they should.