Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

my suggestion for the Focus rework.

(PSN)robotwars7

I came up with these ideas on the spot while replaying to another thread, and to me it just seemed too good an idea to not make a new thread about, so here it is:

how I would do the Focus rework:

- operators now have 5 abilities: a standard Void beam like we have now that no longer costs energy as a last resort weapon, and 4 abilities that cost energy: an upgraded version of Void Beam, Void Dash, Void Blast and a new Ultimate. each of these abilities would reflect the attributes of your chosen school.

Madurai powers:

- Tri beam: upgraded void beam splits into three, with the centre beam following your aim point, while the two side beams track enemies.

- shrapnel blast: Void Blast throws shards of solid Void matter at enemies, dealing high slash damage and bleed damage over time.

- Rending Dash: Void Dashing through an enemy deals massive damage, surviving enemies are slash proc'd.

- Madurai Ultimate: creates a very large area that rapidly damages enemies over time , essentially like hallowed Ground but way better.

Naramon powers:

- softening beam: enemies exposed to this beam take more damage from melee attacks and increased Crit damage form guns.

- Blinding Blast: enemies hit with Void Blast are blinded and open to finishers.

- Cloaking Dash: instead of a dash, you go invisible and gain increased movement speed and crit chance with all weapons, essentially a better version of current Void mode.

- Naramon Ultimate: when cast, nearby allies are cloaked and gain greatly increased crit chance and crit damage with all weapons.

Zenurik powers:

Freezing Beam: enemies are slowed over time by this beam, and are eventually frozen in place.

Stasis Blast: Void Blast levitates enemies in the air for several seconds.

Controlling Dash: Void Dash knocks down enemies and tethers them to the ground for several seconds.

Zenurik Ultimate: creates an AoE that slows down enemies and gives allies rapid energy regen.

Unairu Powers:

Armour Transfer beam: hitting enemies with the beam rapidly decreases their armour and adds it to your own armour value as the operator.

Shield Blast: Void Blast knocks back enemies, then creates a barrier where it was. the barrier is invulnerable but lasts a limited time.

Defensive Dash: Void Dash leaves a trail that gives allies who run over it a temporary armour boost.

Unairu Ultimate: create a large defensive bubble, similar to snow globe, but invulnerable and only lasting a short time.

Vazarin Powers:

Restoration beam: deals increased damage to enemies, but can also heal allies over time by shooting them.

Healing Blast: Void Blast heals allies and saps health from enemies.

repairing Dash: Void Dash leaves a trail that heals allies who walk over it, and damages enemies who walk over it.

Vazarin Ultimate: creates an AoE that rapidly heals allies, casting near a downed player instantly revives them.

I think this solution offers a good mix of familiarity with strong powers that will make operators fun and effective to use!

Or just wait for DE to show what they have up their sleeve before we try to salvage the abomination current Focus is. I'd rather have a consistent way of regaining energy and health during game as well as actually working stealth system instead of having to cheese it all with shadowstep or energy overflow but whatever floats your boat.

Current implementation of Focus is 90% hot garbage.