Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Beam Ammo shown in TWW?

devildevil21

*Spoilers for those who haven't done The War Within!*

So, in The War Within, after you've "avoided" the continuity and got separated from your warframe, you are now in the ship with ordis and you show off your new powers.

One of those powers, of which you probably know, is the void beam, the LMB attack of the operators. Now, I don't remember seeing this in TWW the first time I did it, but I noticed on my 8th or 9th time doing it. When you are using your void beam in the ship, there's an ammo indicator on the bottom-right of your HUD which is at 1000, and if you hold LMB, till you are interrupted by the cutscene (which takes about 3 seconds?) the ammo would be at the ~800, quickly regenerating back to 1000.

Spoiler

Q7KCXpX.jpg

So, in the focus workshop and recent devstreams, DE has refered multiple times to a separation between Void Energy for skills like Void Blast, Void Dash and Void mode, and Void "Ammo", for the void beam attack.

I don't know if this is how they wanted it to work and the ammo will change to something else, or if they decided to send some "hidden" files through the patcher and it "glitched" with the war within. What I know is that when you do TWW, that ammo indicator shows up when you're at the ship.

I wonder, did anyone else notice this?

PS: Quick off-topic question: "How many times have you done TWW?" I'm currently on my 15th or so times I've done TWW.

The Devs did say that they were splitting it so that all of your abilities don't draw from the same energy pool, so this may be a glitch coming from them sneaking stuff in before major updates. Now if only this glitch applied to Kuva farming...

Edited by Yargami

Good point, I don't recall seeing the map during the quest during my run of it. Could be due to being distracted by other issues at the time but I did have a good amount of time trapped in that room with carrier, Ordis, and my thoughts. Good catch.