Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Better Forum Moderation.

ProfessorMeeseeks

I can't even post on here without being flooded by a bunch of a-holes who just want to make everyone feel bad. Reporting does nothing. 

Whenever I bring up a legitimate issue, I end up deleting the post because nobody can be constructive, instead they sit and troll or just be complete douchebags. Several of my friends have this same exact issue. Does DE not care what goes on in their forums? Sure seems like they don't to me. 

Edit: Go ahead, prove the forums are full of douchebags and flame at me. 

Edited by ikillyou1990

What topics do you bring up? PvP?

Nope. I hate the idea of PvP.

I post about legitimate changes, name changes for enemies, tweaks to frames, tweaks to graphical options (ex: being able to limit the amount of bloom or completely remove it until they fix it so it doesn't eye rape everyone, etc.), weapon changes, energy changes, etc. 

All my points I make are valid arguements but do they matter? No. Nobody else can come up with a better idea but yet they immediately flame at me because I made a suggestion about something that really needs to be reworked or tweaked and yet I'm called every name in the book. Reporting the player does absolutely nothing at all.

Edit: This is what I'm talking about. Something that needs to be fixed yet everyone flames and treats people like crap. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/84762-remove-screen-flare-already/#entry926596

Edited by ikillyou1990

Moderators are normal people who are not on DE's payroll and frankly i'm glad this the case.

Ever visited BSN? Fair critism got locked down and marked as unproductive....

I may not agree sometimes with mods here but i'm glad they respond with more than one phrase and express valid points.

Good, because most likely you are one of them if you are just going to comment that. Goodbye, have a nice day.

You are insulting others here. You arent any better than those who trolled you. Please dont try to lecture me about something you are doing yourself.

Edited by Venarge

Maybe because you didn't listen to this guy:

Read the entire thread. 

You are insulting others here. You arent any better than those who trolled you. Please dont try to lecture me about something you are doing yourself.

The comment you made was nowhere near constructive, and indirectly being a douchebag. Why post anything if you stopped reading it after a few words?  There is no point. If you cannot be constructive, then why even post?

Edited by ikillyou1990

No. Nobody else can come up with a better idea but yet they immediately flame at me because I made a suggestion about something that really needs to be reworked or tweaked and yet I'm called every name in the book. Reporting the player does absolutely nothing at all.

Well with your nickname i would not mess with ya!!! D:

Read the entire thread. 

The comment you made was nowhere near constructive, and indirectly being a douchebag. Why post anything if you stopped reading it after a few words?  There is no point. If you cannot be constructive, then why even post?

Oh, ok. But insulting others in your thread is so much more constructive? I mean. There is nothing, really nothinge constructive in your starting post.

So basically this is a topic like:
"You were mean to me! I'm taking my toys with me... *putting tongue out*"

And - no - making a topic like "I DEMAND you to do something, because I WANT you to do this" is not a legitimate issue.

Ok, guys, I accept bets! This topic will stay here, or it'll be deleted by OP? Bet now!

And - no - making a topic like "I DEMAND you to do something, because I WANT you to do this" is not a legitimate issue.

Ok, guys, I accept bets! This topic will stay here, or it'll be deleted by OP? Bet now!

Since this thread is just a bad joke, it gets locked by Ced.

Oh, ok. But insulting others in your thread is so much more constructive? I mean. There is nothing, really nothinge constructive in your starting post.

Apparently you did not read the title now did you? Read it again. Actually, I'll type it here if it's easier for you. The forum post is titled: NEED BETTER FORUM MODERATION. Self explanatory. 

With how I responded, I am stating that with how you commented, you are only proving my point with needing better moderation. What you posted was rude and disrespectful and overall, it was an unnecessary comment. 

This has been a complaint for awhile. Has anything been done? No. Also, since you cannot seem to figure out why I posted that thread as an example, I'll copy the entire reason why I'm using it as an example. 

This post in one sentence:

"People use an ult that has bright special effects, and I don't like that, so I probably end up costing my squadmates the mission by rage-quitting like a twelve year-old."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anything above this dotted line is just Izanagi making fun of someone for stating their opinion/request in an annoying, immature manner.

Honestly, it would be nice if the effects for World On Fire and Molecular Prime in particular were made just a tiny bit less bright in the center, because it really does get hard to see anything, especially if you happen to actually be the Nova using Molecular Prime, in the middle of a bunch of enemies, as I often do when I play my sexy antimatter queen.

What you posted was rude and disrespectful and overall, it was an unnecessary comment. 

"I can't even post on here without being flooded by a bunch of a-holes"

"be complete douchebags"

"prove the forums are full of douchebags"

sorry, but I cant hear you over all the unnecessary, disrespectufl stuff you wrote in your thread.

Like I said. Dont try to lecture me about something. You are clearly not able to do the things you try to preach to others.

Maybe I naturally filter out the bad, but it seemed like 1 or 2 made knee-jerk comments, 3-4 agreed with you, and one argued about semantics.

It seemed pretty mature for the most part.

That is just one thread. The most recent one. The only example I have. I've been forced to shut down threads because of everyone deciding to be immature and disrespectful. What's sad is that nothing is ever done about these comments. If DE refuses to implement decent moderation, then people who start threads should be able to delete rude and disrespectful comments.  I have so many good ideas but I won't post them due to people being disrespectful constantly.

"I can't even post on here without being flooded by a bunch of a-holes"

"be complete douchebags"

"prove the forums are full of douchebags"

sorry, but I cant hear you over all the unnecessary, disrespectufl stuff you wrote in your thread.

Like I said. Dont try to lecture me about something. You are clearly not able to do the things you try to preach to others.

I'm simply making a point. And It is bound to happen, which it did end up happening. So thank you for proving my point of this thread.

That is just one thread. The most recent one. The only example I have. I've been forced to shut down threads because of everyone deciding to be immature and disrespectful. What's sad is that nothing is ever done about these comments. If DE refuses to implement decent moderation, then people who start threads should be able to delete rude and disrespectful comments.  I have so many good ideas but I won't post them due to people being disrespectful constantly.

If idea is good, it'll protect itself, and people will tahe it serious. If not, well...

Also: use [Edit] function, don't multipost.

Edited by Angius

I'm simply making a point. And It is bound to happen, which it did end up happening. So thank you for proving my point of this thread.

The only thing you proved was that you are in no way any better as those trolls. You come here, insult a part of the community, and think thats ok? Srly. Your thread is just laughable. But go ahead. Talk about unnecessary insulting posts while your first post in this thread is full of insults. Man. I pity you.....

If idea is good, it'll protect itself, and people will tahe it serious. If not, well...

Also: use [Edit] function, don't multipost.

If they idea is good why wouldn't somebody stick up for it? What is unnecessary is all the rude and disrespectful comments which DE is apparently allowing.

Imma say this as nice as possible, cuz im not trying to be a jerk: dont go on internet if you dont like the trolls? The internet is just one giant troll as is. Either learnt to DGAF uber hard like the rest of us or dont go on. Its really that simple.