Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need a hand...

Talonflight

So, I'm not really the kind of guy who likes making incredibly detailed mod loadouts for every one of his guns, and having to switch between each loadout constantly whenever i go up against a different faction. I'm also not a Min-Max kinda guy either; I dont care if I'm not annihilating the world in 1 shot. I play with a Karak Wraith as my favorite gun, after all.

But even with other guns, im having difficulty being useful in Sortie and Trial missions. I was just wondering what exactly would be a good all-rounder type of build to leave on a weapon and pick up when I need it?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage

Choose at least x3 Physical/Status for Primary/Secondary/Melee.

Then Mod your Weapon according to what you like, and don't really have to worry about changing Damage Type every Missions.

Go at your own Speed.

Well every Weapons has "Potential", since Years ago, along the line of "Forma(s) and Potato"  to the possibility allowed.

Don't forget your WarFrames for the Missions type is important. 

EDIT: Good Luck

Edited by DesFrSpace

Catalyst + 5 polarities, Maxed flat dmg mod (Serration for rifles / Hornetstrike for pistols), Multshot (Splitchamber for rifles / Barrel diffusion AND Lethal Torrent for pistols)

IF: weapon valuable for crit then: 2 Crit mods (Critdmg+Critchance) and 2 elementels + 1 QoL mod e.g. punch through

IF: weapon valuable for status then: 4 elemental/status(60/60) mods + 1QoL

With that i think you'd be gtg

OP. Do you feel you are not being helpfull because you are letting the team down, and actually having difficulty completing the mission?

Or because there really isn't much to do after someone on the squad has washed over the map with whatever it is that they do?

1 minute ago, Duduminador said:

OP. Do you feel you are not being helpfull because you are letting the team down, and actually having difficulty completing the mission?

Or because there really isn't much to do after someone on the squad has washed over the map with whatever it is that they do?

I feel like I'm not being helpful if the only way I can kill things is by bringing a dagger with Lethal finishers and spamming Fatal Teleport.

11 minutes ago, -C.A.S-Lonewolf said:

Catalyst + 5 polarities, Maxed flat dmg mod (Serration for rifles / Hornetstrike for pistols), Multshot (Splitchamber for rifles / Barrel diffusion AND Lethal Torrent for pistols)

IF: weapon valuable for crit then: 2 Crit mods (Critdmg+Critchance) and 2 elementels + 1 QoL mod e.g. punch through

IF: weapon valuable for status then: 4 elemental/status(60/60) mods + 1QoL

With that i think you'd be gtg

14 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage

Choose at least x3 Physical/Status for Primary/Secondary/Melee.

Then Mod your Weapon according to what you like, and don't really have to worry about changing Damage Type every Missions.

Go at your own Speed.

Well every Weapons has "Potential", since Years ago, along the line of "Formas and Potato"  to the possibility allowed.

Don't forget your WarFrames for the Missions type is important. 

Thanks you two, these are helpful!

Shotguns are always a good choice as they have pretty good close range damage so like Hek, Vaykor Hek, and Tigris Prime. I notice you are Mastery rank 12, so Sancti Tigris would be an option until you reached 13, however I'd just wait to 13 and forma build it 1 time. As Tigris uses 100% status, I set it for viral and radiation which kills armored grineer faster than using corrosive, and it kills all of corpus and infested units too like they were nothing.

I notice you have Opticor which would also be a good one for weaker, less armored enemies.

jKMF2rq.jpg

Pls6mLs.jpg

lAqOMRw.jpg

I recommend shotguns because you won't have to change any mods on them for your regular missions as they will kill everything there on planets without even trying. Vaykor Hek like I have it built in the first screenshot is the best boss killer you can have, also works well on infested, and Heavy Gunners while the second build in radiation, is best for other armored Grineer like Bombards, Napalms, and Nox.

Tigris Prime I think I explained well enough. Just you have got to have those dual elemental/status mods on Tigris prime to achieve 100% status or it won't work even close to as good as it does with 100%. Primed Point Blank doesn't matter as much, it is a really good mod but you can use the regular Point Blank. Same for on Vaykor Hek. Though, Primed Ravage is kind of a key point to Vaykor Hek. Without it, Hek is much better with it's augment mod, Scattered Justice.

For example, here's Hek, which deals about 40k damage, has less burst dps but overall, really simple to make.

yalIa3h.jpg

And then here is my Opticor. Do not bother putting Shred on it, just use Speed Trigger and that's good enough. Takes 1 less forma that way.

EfaoyDM.jpg

I also recommend a good melee. Scindo Prime is real good, but it's been vaulted. Although cheap, Galatine Prime is better. Mastery locked at 13 though.

Here's a fun melee, really good against everything up to really heavily armored enemies. But again, you don't need primed mods to make this work, they just help for max.

YZTPrwD.jpg

Galatine Here is what I like best in every situation. No matter what enemy faction or what mission augment it is, you'll kill them all with this because of the mods and how effective Cleaving Whirlwind stance mod is. Note: I don't change from this build even if they have elemental resistances.

ArEv1Wt.jpg

Broken Bull combo move is what I always try to perform, as it deals 400% damage, x2 every time you spin in a circle with it. And that's a lot of damage, and it's dealt to everyone in range. Here, take a look at it on the wiki. Link below.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Cleaving_Whirlwind

That is why I use that stance over Tempo Royale. Everyone craves Tempo, but Cleaving is where it's all at.

Also take note: Galatine does not need forma for my build in the above screenshot to work, it's actually a no forma build even with the primed mods, just I like to play around and try things out on my weapons from time to time.

Hope this helps! Anything else for like maybe frames, I have everything with a forma build and I solo sorties. So just let me know what else you might be interested in. I can probably make no forma builds that work too.

Edited by Alcatraz
minor typo fixes

17 hours ago, Talonflight said:

So, I'm not really the kind of guy who likes making incredibly detailed mod loadouts for every one of his guns, and having to switch between each loadout constantly whenever i go up against a different faction. I'm also not a Min-Max kinda guy either; I dont care if I'm not annihilating the world in 1 shot. I play with a Karak Wraith as my favorite gun, after all.

But even with other guns, im having difficulty being useful in Sortie and Trial missions. I was just wondering what exactly would be a good all-rounder type of build to leave on a weapon and pick up when I need it?

Personally, I prefer using the weapons that suit my playstyle. Everything else is MR (Master Rank) fodder. Thanks to DOOM & Fallout, I'm a shotgun surgeon and I made Rhino Prime my b*tch (I'm a female player, btw).

I favor the radiation (heat & electricity)  status, as it has a chance to confuse your target. It's damn funny to have an elite or the boss clear the room for you. In case of the arca plasmor, which has radiation as a default, I add the blast (heat & cold) status. Blasting a warden off their feet and across the jail, is a satisfaction that can't be put into words.

If you don't have the mods or you rather go the simple route, slapping toxin on your ranged weapons will take care of most mobs. Since it has a +50% bonus against Corpus health and is not blocked by shields/proto-shields, you can shout "F-U" at the top of your lungs as you mow down every nullifier.

There's still piercing and impact. You'll need extra piercing for Grineer elites, such as Bombards. Impact is used against shields, but I use it to knock back my target across the room .... and sometimes into orbit. There's a impact mod for a melee weapon, which decreases the armor value of the target you're smacking.

As for slash mods, they're usually built around "bleeding builds".

Oh, and you'll have to decide between "crit" and "status" builds. Crit if you can get a weapon's critical chance to at least 25%, and status if you can't. I prefer status builds on my primary (see above) and secondary weapons. For an example, my Lex Prime is modded to be a sniper weapon that deals a large amount of radiation damage. Taking down the Raptor boss is pure cheese. The only thing better would be an Euphona Prime modded the same way.

Edited by DimLamp