Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon range in display as stats

rudman88

I really hope DE will put the weapon range in stats as in how many meter.

Until today i find it difficult to guess how far a weapon go.

I have a tipedo, even i equip with riven with 200% range is still not as far as atterax hit when slide attack. the atterax 0 riven.

I jsut hope like DE will display

range 1 m

spin attack range 2m

etc

Unfortunately, due to the way weapons are handled by the game, getting an absolute range would be very difficult. All you need to do is look at how the different polearms handle the Reach mod. Put it on an Orthos and you can now hit enemies 20 meters away, put it on any other and you will get much lower returns.

EDIT: Actually if I am not mistaken this got fixed at some point, although the Orthos still has an obscenely high range with Primed Reach.

Edited by Horonelius

17 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

My vote for horizontal and vertical attacks. I know it has nothing to do with range but that is simply diffcult to add but that annoys me when trying to mining with a knife and a pile of ferrite tricks me "always move the character while attack".

Well each stance had different ranges depending on how the weapon is moved/extended and a couple other factors. It's not really possible to show it without making a mess of numbers on screen. 

If you want you can go into the simulacrum and waypoint an immobile enemy and keep inching closer until you hit them and use the waypoint as a rough marker for the range of a weapon. That's what most people do if they want the range for things.

DE said they had intentions of adding a melee weapon reach stat but this was mentioned quite a while ago.

Still, not without reason that it'll come around some day.

The models do have a set range (size). Yes the distance you hit can vary on the swing used but the actual size of the hit box is a set value that can be rated. Much of the UI is little more than a point of reference anyways. Stats like %Status have almost no value in actually knowing how effective the weapon is going to be in producing status effects. A Reach stat would at least be useful in comparing two weapons of the same type so I hope they get around to it some day.

Until then, my testing spot is Jupiter IO. The crates are in the same spots and the tiles on the floor give a good reference along with markers.

Because this thing is purely weird and inconsistent with the logic.

the whole logic is long weapon ( staff ) should have greater range than sword.

but my tipedo with riven 260^% range and primed reach has same distance as skana with 140% range and primed reach. Does it make sense at all ?

my atterax with primed reach can open every crate in the small room with 1 spin attack with only 1 prime reach.

• 2 months later...