Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atoxia, Drinker of Blood

(PSN)Tomplexthis

Spoiler

I know its not original, but i just had to toss mine out there, it was bugging me

Atoxia has been in the back of my mind ever since i made Vixcian, my vampire, then read the other two guys ideas

I kept thinking about a bloodframe, and well, why not =p, fan concepts are for fun after all

Atoxia is based around blood and slash procs, recovering from corpses, and drinking blood to sustain herself

(Stats)
Health: 175 (475 at rank 30)
Power: 125 (225 at rank 30)
Armor: 275
Shield Capacity: 0 (0 at rank 30)
Sprint Speed: 1.00
Polarities: 2 Vazarin (D), maybe a Naramon (-)
Aura Polarity: 1 Vazarin (D)

Passive:: Blood Collection

When Atoxia walks over any corpses, she will collect 3 energy/health and restore 1 blood sample to her blood pool 

*Atoxia gains +1 armor for each count of blood pool that she has, a total of +100 base armor, 275 - 375

*Atoxia has a blood pool that caps at 100, it is used for her ultimate and Coagulation aura

(Also, when she collects from blood fountains, she will recover 5% of her health over 8 seconds)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power 1: Rend (25 Energy) 

Rend applies a aoe slash proc in a cone, when tapped for 25 energy

Holding the button charges the attack into a spin instead for 40 energy

Enemies hit by rend will bleed outward, gushing blood fountains, If Atoxia is near the spray, she gains +1 blood pool and regenerates 5% of her health over 8 seconds

She can only gain 1 blood pool per enemy, but 1 from the fountain and 1 from their corpse, a total of 2 per enemy

She will slash the enemies around her, afflicting them with a slash proc, and dealing impact/slash damage to enemies

The damage dealt will be a base percentage of health (1% health per second for 6 seconds, and 5% health on initial impact)

Slash procs stack, and the damage bypasses armor/shields, her regeneration buff will apply from any enemy, resetting each time, to give her constant regen

{A slash of razor wind or spinning blades of death that cut into an enemy, rending them with bleeding wounds}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power 2: Coagulation (50 Energy -10 blood pool)

Atoxia generates an aura and hardens her blood, and the blood of nearby allies for 18 - 20 - 22 - 25 seconds, within a 15m Aura Range

This reduces the damage they take for a duration, and grants them immunity to procs/status effects while inside of the aura

Damage reduction is a base percentage, 35% can be boosted by power strength up to 60%

This ability has the reverse effect on nearby enemies

It will increase damage dealt to afflicted enemies, and increase their status chance/durations within the aura

Enemies within 18m will receive up to 25% more damage, and have a 25% increased chance for status effects, with 50% longer durations

The damage received % and increased status chance and duration % can be increased by power strength, range/duration mods apply as well

{A red oozing blood like aura pulses from Atoxia, slashing nearby enemies, and protecting nearby allies}

Power 3: Bloodlink (75 Energy) 

Atoxia fires out up to 8 harpoon cables from her body to nearby enemies within 20m, then yanks them all back to her, enemies are torn open, releasing blood fountains

They receive slash/corrosive procs, and are open to finishers for 4 seconds as well, they will be pulled to her, and knocked to the ground

She will leech health off effected enemies, restoring 5% of her health for 8 seconds, and recover 1 blood pool for each enemy hit

It also Reduces enemies armor by 35% for 12 seconds 

{Like sharp harpoon hooks that rip into an enemy, then tears open an artery that sprays out blood}

Power 4: Bloodstorm (100 Blood pool 0 energy)

Atoxia calls upon her collected blood pools to create a massive storm of blood in a range of 25m for 25 seconds

It burns like acid, and sharp pricking needles, every enemy hit has a 25% chance to be knocked down and receive slash/corrosive procs

Every enemy in the rain has their armor/shields shredded by 3.5% per second

Enemies inside the rain have their health drained by 1.5% per second while in the rain

Allies gain access to Atoxias passive, now able to receive 3 health and energy when they cross over a enemies corpse

Atoxia/Allies regain 10% of their health/energy per second over 8 seconds {after walking over a corpse, but only while within the blood rain}

*Once Atoxia/Allies leave the rain, or if it turns off, the passive will turn to 5% instead over 8 seconds {10% in the rain, 5% out of the rain)

Allies can only receive the effect when in the rain, and the rain itself cannot be nullified by nullifiers or ability stoppers, it is its own separate entity

In addition as well, the rain will damage nullifier bubbles, damaging them slowly until the pop

*Allies do not gain the armor bonus from blood pool, they merely restore 10% energy/health over 8 seconds per corpse

*When a body is collected, it vanishes, meaning, 1 corpse = 1 pickup/use, so 2 people cant benefit from the same body

{possible sharp blood needle crystals rain from above, shredding everything they touch with a fine razor sharp point}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by (PS4)Tomplexthis
*Suggestions

interesting but this sounds like it would be a balancing nightmare for infested missions, and a frame like this would probably fit an idea like inaros and nidus where it has only health and no shield since it heals and collects energy when "corpse walking"

I like your overall idea, though it seems quite similar to Nidus (firing out a bunch of tentacles to pull enemies in as one ability, and then an ultimate that runs on something besides energy which can be generated faster by using the #1). The passive makes it sound less annoying to charge up the ultimate; for Nidus, I rarely even bother on most content and just use the #2 then shoot and/or pummel the ensuing ball of enemies.

There is one thing, above all else, that gives me a bit of pause:

7 hours ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

Power 2: Coagulation (50 Energy -10 blood pool)

Atoxia hardens her blood, and the blood of nearby allies for 18 - 20 - 22 - 25 seconds, within a 18m range

This reduces the damage they take for a duration, and grants them immunity to procs/status effects 

Potentially making the entire squad immune to status effects for a significant amount of time is extremely powerful; maybe make this into an aura that other players have to actually stay inside of to benefit from it and consume blood pool as long as it's active would be better. That way, you're literally sacrificing your own armor (since blood pool is supposed to strengthen it) in order to protect everyone else.

6 hours ago, SandSquash said:

interesting but this sounds like it would be a balancing nightmare for infested missions, and a frame like this would probably fit an idea like inaros and nidus where it has only health and no shield since it heals and collects energy when "corpse walking"

Certainly, it would be especially powerful against infested, but then so is Nidus (due in no small part to toxin damage bypassing shields, but Nidus having health regeneration instead of shields). Different frames have their own strengths and weaknesses, and some are legitimately better for certain enemy or mission types already; that's why we have multiple loadout slots.

An idea that occurred to me: make it no shields, all health/armor, and have gaining blood restore health (which would probably need to be at a rate significantly higher than 1 for 1), but only go into the actual blood pool when your health is actually maxed.

Edited by SpoonyBrad
Minor edit; I accidentally typed the word "mission" twice.

1 hour ago, SpoonyBrad said:

I like your overall idea, though it seems quite similar to Nidus (firing out a bunch of tentacles to pull enemies in as one ability, and then an ultimate that runs on something besides energy which can be generated faster by using the #1). The passive makes it sound less annoying to charge up the ultimate; for Nidus, I rarely even bother on most content and just use the #2 then shoot and/or pummel the ensuing ball of enemies.

There is one thing, above all else, that gives me a bit of pause:

Potentially making the entire squad immune to status effects for a significant amount of time is extremely powerful; maybe make this into an aura that other players have to actually stay inside of to benefit from it and consume blood pool as long as it's active would be better. That way, you're literally sacrificing your own armor (since blood pool is supposed to strengthen it) in order to protect everyone else.

Certainly, it would be especially powerful against infested, but then so is Nidus (due in no small part to toxin damage bypassing shields, but Nidus having health regeneration instead of shields). Different frames have their own strengths and weaknesses, and some are legitimately better for certain mission enemy or mission types already; that's why we have multiple loadout slots.

An idea that occurred to me: make it no shields, all health/armor, and have gaining blood restore health (which would probably need to be at a rate significantly higher than 1 for 1), but only go into the actual blood pool when your health is actually maxed.

Coagulation would work best as an aura, that constantly applies its effects to enemies/allies within its 15m range

no shield concept would work better, if she has a higher armor and health pool

her base capability is to recover 5% hp over 8 seconds from blood fountains, and 3 health/energy per corpse, with 1 armor per blood pool

2 hours ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Very nice! Thanks for the inclusion of out ideas, BTW. Also, very nice name!

Yeah, blood really was a great idea as a warframe concept, maybe with a nidus feel

inaros and nidus really open up the variety of possibilities

i just think a secondary energy pool could help with the whole energy crisis in warframe, Nidus doesnt have that issue, 2 of his powers use his stacks

But hes alone in that regard, every other frame is so heavily weighed upon by energy, i also think Atoxia is from a disease effecting muscle movements {Ataxia}

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ataxia

not a lot of cool blood names, anemia sounds more about hunger, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hematologic_conditions