Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave Ideas

Erebus_Nacht

Conclave keeps introducing new weapons from pve which often leads to a lack of balance.

My major suggestion is remove PVE weapons and Create PVP only weapons

The weapons can be made from the ground up for PVP with PVP balance.

These Weapons can also be earned in PVP mode to be used outside of PVP and in PVE,

people will want to play pvp to earn these weapons and in turn more feedback can be given so Conclave can be improved.

You can also create Warframes that were great gladiators of the tenno world to be earned from playing conclave.

Adding PVP only Weapons and PVP themed frames adds to the lore of Conclave as well.

Another suggestion is adding conclave rating for mods, newer pvp players are often overwhelmed by players with high rank conclave mods leaving them at an unfair advantage.

2 hours ago, Erebus_Nacht said:

Conclave keeps introducing new weapons from pve which often leads to a lack of balance.

The possibility for imbalance doesn't imply the presence of imbalance.
If you have specific feedback about a particular weapon, make a post concerning it.
Without evidence, your blanket statements are meaningless.

people will want to play pvp to earn these weapons and in turn more feedback can be given so Conclave can be improved.

Sure, feedback consisting of "make these weapons easier to get" and "how dare you make me play a specific game mode to get a specific weapon".
I'm not opposed to earning weapons from Conclave, but let's not glorify "valuable feedback" from reward-driven players.

Another suggestion is adding conclave rating for mods, newer pvp players are often overwhelmed by players with high rank conclave mods leaving them at an unfair advantage.

I don't see how a rating system would make any difference. In any case, new Conclave players have access to Recruit Conditioning, wherein such mods are disabled.
(I'm assuming that by "high rank conclave mods", you mean "mods available at high Conclave syndicate rank", even though all mods can be acquired through trading.)

The problem is listing all these weapons goes nowhere since new weapons are added all the time and weren't originally designed for pvp. Going on and on about how "arca plasmor" or "Prisma Obex" etc will be an endless discussion when the next set of weapons are introduced to conclave.

Warframe is a reward/loot incentivized game in both PVP and PVE, you play in each mode to gain standing to get cosmetics and loot.  We need to make it enjoyable so people aren't complaining and saying "make it easier to get" or "argh! I'm just playing this to get standing"

As it stands now conclave is very niche and finding people to play with is very difficult. Often if you ask people if they want to play conclave or if they like it many will say no. 

People need more reasons to play conclave, there doesn't have to be weapons locked behind conclave they could even be special skins for a weapon type.

Conclave Sword, Conclave Pistol, Conclave Shotgun, Conclave spear etc, with that you pick 3 to start with and can unlock them or earn more to use while in PVP

Matchmaking is very mixed and there is no Conclave beginner/Intermediate/advanced grouping, if someone has mods from typhoon rank they will have an advantage over someone just starting out in conclave.

We want more people to play conclave and to enjoy it, I'm trying to find a way to make it more appealing to a broader section of the community.

Conclave also plays a part in the lore of the Tenno so why not elaborate on that and try to make it more immersive. 

Great Tenno heroes with Warframes who championed the Tenno arenas, draw from old roman coliseum arena lore.

These are all just suggestions, if you have any ideas of your own I'd be more than happy to hear them. That is the point of this thread after all.

Edited by Erebus_Nacht

1 hour ago, Erebus_Nacht said:

Going on and on about how "arca plasmor" or "Prisma Obex" etc will be an endless discussion when the next set of weapons are introduced to conclave.

How the "Arca Plasmor" what?
How the "Prisma Obex" what?

Constructive feedback on weapons and mechanics produces changes in the Conclave environment.
Literally just naming weapons doesn't do jack sh*t.

Warframe is a reward/loot incentivized game in both PVP and PVE, you play in each mode to gain standing to get cosmetics and loot.

No, I don't. I play Conclave because I enjoy the gameplay.

And I play (aka farm/speedrun) PvE to:
1. get things to use in Conclave.
2. get rewards to fill my collection.

Often if you ask people if they want to play conclave or if they like it many will say no.

Conclave has a very specialized appeal.
That's not because Teshin doesn't sell enough skins, it's because Conclave's finer skills are not easy to learn, Conclave's pace is beyond what some players are capable of handling, and Conclave all but requires players to also play PvE (or at least to mindlessly grind through it).

People need more reasons to play conclave, there doesn't have to be weapons locked behind conclave they could even be special skins for a weapon type.

If you gave me a million dollars to eat eggplant, I would eat eggplant.
Doesn't mean I like eggplant.

Tacking on shiny carrots to Conclave will not improve the game's long-term health.

Fixing Recruit Conditioning will.
Refining balance will.
Improving mechanics will.
Enhancing QoL will.

Edited by SevenLetterKWord

So leave conclave as is in a niche position for players like yourself because it suits what you and a few others like?

All of what you have suggested has been done and continues to be done. The number of conclave players drop more and more.

This thread was about refreshing conclave not leaving it as is, totally fine if you want that but it's not on topic.

Edited by Erebus_Nacht

38 minutes ago, Erebus_Nacht said:

All of what you have suggested has been done and continues to be done

If that was true then Conclave would be the most balanced game there ever was. We still have hydroid spamming around with his 4 costing half the energy and certain other 4's that are highly unbalanced.

39 minutes ago, Erebus_Nacht said:

The number of conclave players drop more and more.

According to activity in most servers that are logged, it's actually growing more and more.

40 minutes ago, Erebus_Nacht said:

This thread was about refreshing conclave not leaving it as is

I do agree that there is some merit to it, but doing what you suggested will take a long time as design and development time will be very long due to the small number of staff in the Conclave team AND when it's done you have to test because everything is not always spot on as they seem on paper. If there's error then more development is needed.

I do strongly agree with part of the point you stated about weapons being obtainable in Conclave. There are those who only want to conclave, so it makes things a lot easier for them.

I should have been more specific about the stuff that is continuing to be done, i was going mention some of those issues. I meant more weapon hotfixing in conclave (I agree, I got wrecked by some overkill 4's earlier)  One hit kills and insane aoe as well.

From my time playing conclave in the past and recently I hadnt seen may players in conclave. That's good to hear the numbers are growing, the people the better. It can help get balances and fixes out there faster.

Yes I do understand it would take a lot of time to develop, test and implement.  It's more hopes and ideas for the future since Warframe is ever changing and growing.

I'm hoping throwing ideas out their can maybe help conclave in the long term so more people can enjoy it.

I thought maybe the Conclave weapons maybe be the easiest of the ideas to pull off.

also Thank you for your feedback and corrections.

After watching so many devstreams I can't help but remember mentions of new modes for conclave, like archwing racing, operator mode and we still are unsure what the new dark sector mode will have in store when it comes down to competitive modes.

and with the flood of new players that have come with the approaching POE update, I'm hoping they can bring a greater interest in expanding conclave as well.

15 minutes ago, Erebus_Nacht said:

I'm hoping throwing ideas out their can maybe help conclave in the long term so more people can enjoy it.

Not sure if i can link it here but feel free to join the conclave discord if you need any help regarding Conclave or gain more in depth knowledge about the pros and cons. We often discuss things for a good time before we post on forums usually as well as test things out in game to get a proper idea of how something works. Your contribution is appreciated and I hope you enjoy your time.

Might be old but here's a graph of one of the servers that used to be up in NA, it shows the times of day it was active and that is basically the populated times for NA.

unknown.png