The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Concept Artwork] - Feral Wf - Cat Wf

Nasmodok

I love the idea of running on all four! 

I can already imagine that when you stand still she just stands on her legs and when she moves she still be running on her both legs but when she starts to run/sprint then she will run on all her four and she will have high stamina with high speed!

I've always liked Tigers, Wolfs, Dragons and so on... 

I'm supporting this concept until its confirmed to be released on Warframe!

My god.

The more I look at this, the more I think the feral frame looks like the female titan.

...and by extention... (major spoiler)

Annie. Totally picture her face under that kitty mask

I guess it doesn't help that I'm referencing one of the female titan's poses and her general musculature/proportions. AND the fact that I've been listening to Attack on Titan ost on loop while doing my next piece.

WHAT AM I BECOMING, SUMA?!?!?!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, well. This is probably as well as I'll ever be able to make it, so here it is.

Head sculpt of the feral frame, based on your drawings.

I had a really, really, and I mean REALLY difficult time squaring the profile view with the front view, particularly in regards to the overall shape of the head(how round it is), and with the placement of the lower pair of jaw-spikes.

Not sure how far I will go with this, but would like to at least finish it up as a bust, as having only a head just seems lackluster efforts-wise.

80H5wXk.png

Did any of you heard the news? next frame is female non-caster frame.

There is a tiny, TINY chance of it being feral frame :D

(I know I'm being delusional, shut up XD)

Very nice helmet btw Gestalt!

I did modelism for a while (until the prices were 150% of what they used to be), so I'm particularly receptive to miniatures :D

I was comparing everyone's ability ideas and these were the ones I personally thought were the best (not that my opinion matters much...)

For the first ability, a combination of Vaalion's Lacerate and Holynight6's Rend would be a beautiful thing. While Kaian-a-coel's Rend is good in concept, I think it would be too hard to program into the game.

On the second skill, I like Holynight6's version of Hunt, with it being similar to a visible version of enemy sense (how cool would it be to see enemies in the next room over? REALLY cool.) and affecting multiple enemies. Kaian-a-coel's version is interesting on the small life gain, but my personal opinion is that should stay with Trinity. Plus the single enemy effect is near usless (also my opinion), mostly due to the fact that almost every singular enemy dies in less than three seconds whether they're some level 77 on Pluto or a level 2 on Mercury.

For the third skill, I like Hyper/Feral Mobility (both names are nice) but lean more towards Vaalion's version due to it being more balanced. Kaian-a-coel's party effect and higher jump increase from the skill would be cool though.

Every one seems to be on agreement for the final skill and it is definitely a brilliant one, though it might give the DE's hell if they accept this concept frame. Out of the two names shown between Vaaliion, Holynight6 and Kaian-a-coel, I still think Flurry is a cooler and simpler name for the ability.

Now I should probably head to my class.....

1) While not exactly simple, I don't think it would be too difficult: simply "dash towards nearest ennemy and slash, repeat X times" (if the ennemy you just slashed isn't dead, that means you slash him again).

2) Yeah, single-ennemy probably isn't the best thing. The idea was that "hunting" means you concentrate on a single prey, then you eat it for life.

A modified version would have the "hunt" debuff jump to another ennemy when the previous dies. This would give a better "hunter" feel (you hunt and kill your prey, then go to the next, then the next, and so on) than just killing everything on sight. Of course the transmission wouldn't be unlimited. Jumping distance, timer, number of jumps... Can be used to balance the duration.

I still push for a sort of minor healing effect when you kill it. Obviously Trinity should remain THE healer frame, but that doesn't mean you can't have some healing powers on other frames. See nekros: desecrate drops healing orbs. The form of the healing may vary (dropping orbs sounds like a good way to do it.). It would be synergic with nekros too: the hunter and the vulture! yay!

3) Thanks! The speed boost was already attributed to Volt, and self-buff is selfish, while we could make her act as a pack predator. Plus, increasing jump height and general agility of the team is not something already existing (Volt only buff speed, and Excalibur is a one-time super jump).

4) Yeah, popping eight clones going off and slashing people could be troublesome on the lag part. On the other hand, Nekros.

On the other hand, Feral + Nekros = absurdity. Nekros brings in ranged attack (unless infested), while Feral brings the slice&dice. Were I a grineer than seeing those two hitting 4 simultaneously would make me crap my pants.

Edited by Kaian-a-coel

Okay, well. This is probably as well as I'll ever be able to make it, so here it is.

Head sculpt of the feral frame, based on your drawings.

I had a really, really, and I mean REALLY difficult time squaring the profile view with the front view, particularly in regards to the overall shape of the head(how round it is), and with the placement of the lower pair of jaw-spikes.

Not sure how far I will go with this, but would like to at least finish it up as a bust, as having only a head just seems lackluster efforts-wise.

80H5wXk.png

I LOVE IT!!! G, that ROCKS lol i am honored that you made a sculpt of it...cant wait to see the bust. maybe you should do all of her assets lol

...yer addicted and an artist so....you'll just have to finish the whole thing *nudge, nudge* :D

Not sure why there's so much cat hate on this forum.

Cats are fast, heavily territorial, and downright vicious when they want to be. This spans from the burliest lion or tiger to the "cuddliest" domestic. Hell, animal-wise, felines fit the "Ninja-esque" theme more than any other.

But anyway, on topic - this looks fantastic. You did a great job....Who knows, maybe, JUST MAYBE, the next female warframe that was just announced MIGHT be this one. I shouldn't get people's hopes up, but they did state the next female was going to NOT be a caster style frame. We'll see...

Also, I'm going to put this out there but...cats are like...95% water or something because they can get in ANYWHERE. I forget, did we give this frame a power that lets it open locked doors or slip through areas because that would make total sense... (don't ask, I just remembered my cat managing to slide through an inch-wide cracked open door before.)

Really like that latest mobile-piece - w -

Also, Mynki and the concept art team did say they take inspiration from fanart a as well (see: Stalker scythe). SO, we can certainly dream that the next warframe might be inspired by this one :3

From what we can tell, the next frame is still in the planning stage, as in Mynki just had a talk with Scott about it.

Leaves us plenty of time to try to influence that final outcome X3