The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban, lets fix those mines

Fallen_Echo

Hello Tenno!

Today lets talk about Vauban and his soo called "mines", now those who played it or those who just seen him probably noticed that the minelayer skill is......well......how should i say it?

Useless. It server no real prupose, other than trolling people with the bounce pads.

Lets go throught each one and i say what replacement or upgrade should be done in order to make them useable.

1st The bouncepads. These thing while they deal some damage they are ineffective, obstructive and other than trolling i honestly cant find a reason to use them.

Here are the changes:

New mine: Stasis field trap. This beauty places down a simple use mine what captures an unit and freezes them in time similar way as limbo does it, the difference is that this target can be attacked and takes damage from enemies aswell. Total duration 25 sec, deals no damage but increases magnetic damage taken by the target by 25%. Energy cost: 25 Gives the target small threat levels. Maximum 6 fields can be active at any time

This change gives Vauban a defensive ability what physically protect his teammates and at the same time can be used to take out high priority targets.

2nd Trip laser. This thing is good for mildly slowing targets but thats all, so lets improve it.

Changes:

Trip laser now deals impact damage and releases a wave of energy when an enemy passes throught it. Enemies affected by the wave are staggered and become slightly disoriented. (imagine drunk grineer) The wave starts at the end of the lasers and has 1m range around it. Disorientation duration is random between 5-15 seconds, stagger is 2 second long.

OR

New mine: Energy wall. This beauty creates a wall of energy decreasing the damage of all enemy shots and attacks what pass throught it and applying radiation proc to enemies who touch the wall. Damage decrease is max 50%, range is 2m (affected by p. range), 100% radiation proc chance.

Any of this two suggestions would make this mine worthy of use and would give additional bonus to vaubans arsenal.

3rd, The shred mine, this could be a good skill but the damage is too low and the armor shredding effect is not good enough to consider using it.

Changes:

New mine: Shrapnel bomb. Vauban throws an explosive device on the ground, when an enemy is in close promoxity the bomb explodes dealing blast damage and releasing shrapnels dealing puncture and slash damage. Deals 400-500 blast damage and releases richoceting projectiles around itself. Projectiles deal 100-200 slash damage, richocet 2 times and punch trought enemies, the mine shots out total 20 shrapnels in random directions. Energy cost 75.

OR

New mine: Fusion bomb . Vauban deploys an unstable fomorian based bomb capatable of dealing high damage but its dangerous to the user. The bomb is remotely triggered and only 1 can be active any time. When triggered the bomb explodes, dealing 2000 radiation and 2000 blast damage in a 2 meter circle. Energy cost is 100, deals self damage.

Agressive changes to the offensive mine. Both variant have their uses and got balanced by either the high cost or the innate danger.

The last one is the concussion mine what is there to give vauban additional cc. Well honestly i have never seen anybody use this.

Changes:

New mine: Fortifying field, this is a little something to increase the teamplay aspect. The fortifying field increases the health and armor values of every frame within its range. Health increase is 10% +200, armor increase is 5% +100 (percentages are not affected by p.strenght only the flat values), range is 6m. Duration is 15 sec. Energy cost 100.

OR

New mine: Fortress mode, vauban deploys a device on the field what activates fortress mode commanding others to hold the line. Staying inside the marked area grants 25% damage reduction and gives the players vaubans health, shield and armor values as a bonus. Every 10 sec the players are inside the line they gain 5% flat status chance up to max 50%. Vauban can pick up the field to initiate a charge and increase movement speed by 10%. Cast energy cost is 100. Drains 5 energy/sec when held. Duration is 60 sec.

These changes give worthy buff to players and great defensive additions what can be used in Poe too.

I like them!

1st: is really good

2nd: Id say energy wall, and just say everything that touches the wall gets a radiation proc. That would be enough i think.

3rd: definately shrapnel bomb! But Im not sure about the energy cost. Id say have them all cost the same since they are basically one ability and tgen tweak the stats around that.  But thats personal preferance.

4th I dont know which one I like more, but, Id suggest actually do make the stats dependant on power strength. Health or ammo regen would also be nice!

Good ideas!

These are some really nice ideas. I do use all of Vauban's abilities, but it's just to have fun. They're not really useful.

The bounce pads are good for parkour, but they need a lot of practice. Just throw one in front of you and bullet-jump as you run on it, you'll make Titania's bullet-jump look like some amateur work.

The trip laser is good in hallways, but that's it, and it's nothing a vortex can't do.

I sometimes use the concussion mine, especially against the Infested, the radiation proc is always useful against Ancient Healers.

As for the shred mine, it's just a cc, which Vauban doesn't need. I never use that one. I'll have to try using it in a vortex full of meanies. That could be fun.

1 hour ago, EpicBred said:

3rd: definately shrapnel bomb! But Im not sure about the energy cost. Id say have them all cost the same since they are basically one ability and tgen tweak the stats around that.  But thats personal preferance.

The enegry cost are increasing because they are getting progressively better as you unlock more.

1 hour ago, EpicBred said:

4th I dont know which one I like more, but, Id suggest actually do make the stats dependant on power strength. Health or ammo regen would also be nice!

Every stat is affected by their respective power modifier here, expect the ones where i directly wrote down that they are not affected.

Given his namesake, I would love to see some sort of wall and real defensive options rather than repetitive cc. And no, his passive is still useless and does not count as a defensive option. Also, for this reason, I'm not a fan of your stasis field. I'd prefer to see something different than a lesser version of bastille. I also agree with above post that all mines should be same Energy cost.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Talyx82 said:

Given his namesake, I would love to see some sort of wall and real defensive options rather than repetitive cc. And no, his passive is still useless and does not count as a defensive option. Also, for this reason, I'm not a fan of your stasis field. I'd prefer to see something different than a lesser version of bastille. I also agree with above post that all mines should be same Energy cost.

As i said upper i only touched the mine ability set.

The stasis field is supposedly captures a single enemy increasing magnetic damage they take, making their allies shoot at them and giving a physical cover to you. 

The energy cost is increasing because the skills are getting progressively better. Look at the fortress mode and the fusion bomb, they are almost ult worthy skills.

the problem with minelayer is simple:

CC mines are worthless due to Bastille's existence

we need utility mines, like Shred, but good

so... imo Shred should be given permanent armor removal

then I think we need a new mine that causes blinds for finishers... and idk what else..

OP's idea of a wall is neat but mostly useless cause bastille and repelling bastille, an offensive mine that does a few hundred dmg aint very good either outside of the star-chart missions(heck its actually weak around sedna) and a mine that does a few thousand dmg for 100 energy is TERRIBLE like NO, id rather just use vortex and shoot at it with a punch through gun

Id prefer if he was closer to his name sake or a mixing trap artist.

His 1 could be a shield that has to be connected by 2 mines and rises upward as they connect. 

His 2 could be an armor stripping/bleed mine that takes the place of his augment. If by itself it rips armor, if placed near other mines of the same type they create a slashing net of X % of enemy hp per sec for x seconds

Bastille is perfect the way it is

Vortex is fine

His passive could be something useful like +10s on hacking, delayed laser alarm trips by 5s or firing elements into his traps changes the damage received or tech class weapons gain an augmented damage boost if used by Vauban.

11 hours ago, TKDancer said:

OP's idea of a wall is neat but mostly useless cause bastille and repelling bastille, an offensive mine that does a few hundred dmg aint very good either outside of the star-chart missions(heck its actually weak around sedna) and a mine that does a few thousand dmg for 100 energy is TERRIBLE like NO, id rather just use vortex and shoot at it with a punch through gun

The wall grants damage reduction while the stasis grants a physical defense line. Bastille wont help you against incoming bullets at all.

The mine deals 2000 radiation and 2000 blast damage, affected by power strenght, p. range and efficiency. The sharpnel variant deals at minimum 400 blast damage and a total of 2000 slash damage having the same statistics as the fusion one its affected by p.strenght, range and efficiency. Both designed to take down single targets with varying aoe capatibilities.

Supposedly both of them have 50% status chance which makes them useable.

Anyway dont tell me that even with the increased energy costs these are not better than the base shred mine.

15 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

The wall grants damage reduction while the stasis grants a physical defense line. Bastille wont help you against incoming bullets at all.

The mine deals 2000 radiation and 2000 blast damage, affected by power strenght, p. range and efficiency. The sharpnel variant deals at minimum 400 blast damage and a total of 2000 slash damage having the same statistics as the fusion one its affected by p.strenght, range and efficiency. Both designed to take down single targets with varying aoe capatibilities.

Supposedly both of them have 50% status chance which makes them useable.

Anyway dont tell me that even with the increased energy costs these are not better than the base shred mine.

considering i can just have many bastilles around and prevent enemies from shooting, damage resistance from walls doesnt seem that good :^/ just like how extra armor from having allies doesnt help

and more non scaling abilities that destroy star chart content but are extremly weak in sorties is also meh

shred does suck, mainly cause of the temp. armor removal and launching enemies the F*** away, thats what needs to be fixed, not to be replaced with smth that would be better just cause the original was trash

but yeah, increased energy costs on a frame that already has energy issues(unless u have zenurik) = not welcome

Edited by TKDancer