Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need help stabilising my FPS

Terasoft

Question

When I'm playing Warframe, my PC can do 60, 120 and higher fps, the can run the game on high settings as well, but what keeps happening a lot is that the FPS will constantly drop for unknown reason to like 10 fps for a couple to seconds and go back to normal of somewhere between 60,120fps, and it doesn't matter how much or how little is happening, the fps will drop anyway, there are time i can play without these problems, but the FPS drops have been happening a lot lately and its getting annoying. I need help getting to be more stable and stay at 60fps atleast, without a large drop in FPS. I also play on laptop

This is my PC specs if it helps

CPU: Intel Core i7-7500U 2.7GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz

GPU: Nvidia Geforce 940MX with 2GB Dedicated VRAM

RAM: 16GB DDR4 Memory

7 answers to this question

when i used to play on my laptop the major issue was usually my graphics card overheating and throttling. if you get a software like MSI afterburner or similar programs that allow you to monitor your temps and clock speed you might be able to see if the temp is causing the problems.

if the temperature is the issue the first thing you could try is to get a compressed air canister their usually pretty cheap (max $5) and try blowing any dust out of the laptop with that.

if that doesnt work, you could try pointing a fan at your laptop when you're playing or buy one of those cooling pads for laptops that have the fans blowing straight into the intake ports which are also relatively cheap. 

if nothing works the most expensive option is new laptop but the earlier suggestions should do the trick

Aside from hardware issues, there are also certain areas and events that trigger the drops. The earth tileset right now is causing problems for some players. And new players joining the mission causes some issues as well.

Try and monitor the stutters and when they happen and then try to replicate it (example : use a certain ability to verify if it is the cause). It could be something spawning or a certain ability or action from enemies or something completely different.