Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is Neptune so Swarmy?

x-BlackCoyote-x

They are all like lvl 30, first 2 missions into the planet and I'm already facing like 50 enemies at a TIME! this is outradious. There shouldn't be that many enemies at once. It's basically impossible for me to progress through any of Neptune because of this and it's ticking me off. All enemies have a good chance to spawn on TOP of me... This gets agravating as it summons more enemies (for whatever reason) and then the room becomes swarmed with an unstoppable army of Moa's and like 5 Shield Ospreys. That is ridiculous. Can't leave some areas in missions because of the insane amount of enemies that pile up.

8 minutes ago, BlackShadowSnake said:

They are all like lvl 30, first 2 missions into the planet and I'm already facing like 50 enemies at a TIME! this is outradious. There shouldn't be that many enemies at once. It's basically impossible for me to progress through any of Neptune because of this and it's ticking me off. All enemies have a good chance to spawn on TOP of me... This gets agravating as it summons more enemies (for whatever reason) and then the room becomes swarmed with an unstoppable army of Moa's and like 5 Shield Ospreys. That is ridiculous. Can't leave some areas in missions because of the insane amount of enemies that pile up.

If you find that you are being overwhelmed, then you may want to rethink your strategy. Perhaps, you can go through more stealthily. There will be less enemies if you don't set off the alarms. Occasionally (after 5-10 minutes) there may be a dropship that come by and drop a small group (with an Ambulas), but these you can avoid and leave them alone. 

Just now, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

If you find that you are being overwhelmed, then you may want to rethink your strategy. Perhaps, you can go through more stealthily. There will be less enemies if you don't set off the alarms. Occasionally (after 5-10 minutes) there may be a dropship that come by and drop a small group (with an Ambulas), but these you can avoid and leave them alone. 

I've generally been trying to stealth play this, I'm currently using the Warframe Ivara. but I'm currently stuck on a Mobile defense which the enemies seem to know where i am as soon as I start the mission.

13 minutes ago, BlackShadowSnake said:

I've generally been trying to stealth play this, I'm currently using the Warframe Ivara. but I'm currently stuck on a Mobile defense which the enemies seem to know where i am as soon as I start the mission.

I'd say that I'll tag along to help, but I cannot get to in-game until later tonite.

So, what Warframes and Weapons do you have? We could at least provide suggestions as to what you can try get through the MD.

47 minutes ago, BlackShadowSnake said:

If you're using Ivara, then you can mod her for CC (crowd controls) during defensive missions. Use Warframe's Range mods (Overextended, Stretch, etc) and Duration mods (Continuity, Constitution, etc.) and build her for Sleep arrows. Fire your Sleep Arrows to put enemies to sleep and wait out the defense timers.

On 10/12/2017 at 4:38 PM, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

I'd say that I'll tag along to help, but I cannot get to in-game until later tonite.

So, what Warframes and Weapons do you have? We could at least provide suggestions as to what you can try get through the MD.

I'm currently using the Cernos Max. Rank, Askielltos Maxed. and I'm currently using the Scindo prime (the war axe) but I have Dual Kamas that are max rank.

My scindo isn't maxed.

On 10/12/2017 at 5:10 PM, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

If you're using Ivara, then you can mod her for CC (crowd controls) during defensive missions. Use Warframe's Range mods (Overextended, Stretch, etc) and Duration mods (Continuity, Constitution, etc.) and build her for Sleep arrows. Fire your Sleep Arrows to put enemies to sleep and wait out the defense timers.

I would have to work towards that. Currently my setup has been good up until Neptune.

4 minutes ago, BlackShadowSnake said:

I'm currently using the Cernos Max. Rank, Askielltos Maxed. and I'm currently using the Scindo prime (the war axe) but I have Dual Kamas that are max rank.

My scindo isn't maxed.

As soon as I get Mastery Rank 8, I'll be crafting the Cernos Prime too.

I beat where I was at, I took the WAYYYY stealthy approach. Taking the mission(s) very very carefully trying not to set off alarms, and if they did get set off, went invisiable with Ivara's #3 ability, and turned of the alarm. 

Thanks for all the suggestions guys/girls!
**P.S. If you have any other suggestions for, I.E. Warframes, Weapons, Mods, etc. Pm me! :)

Thanks to you all again,

-BlackShadowSnake

(More Commonely known as "Shadow" or "Coyote")

@BlackShadowSnake Keep in mind, the rank of a weapon has no real bearing on its battlefield capabilities. Its the mods you put on it that matter.

As to dealing with the Neptune nodes, you'll generally want a quicker weapon to deal with the enemies there. Corpus have relatively low health, but hit harder than average, so being able to strike quickly is a priority. I'd recommend getting your hands on the Orthos or, if you have a good clan, the Guandao, as these are quick weapons with high range and decent damage to back them up.

Also, generally speaking, stealth Warframes tend not to be great for horde missions like Mobile Defense unless min-maxed nicely. It's definitely doable, but it'll take more effort than if you used a Frame like, say, Rhino.

5 hours ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

@BlackShadowSnake Keep in mind, the rank of a weapon has no real bearing on its battlefield capabilities. Its the mods you put on it that matter.

As to dealing with the Neptune nodes, you'll generally want a quicker weapon to deal with the enemies there. Corpus have relatively low health, but hit harder than average, so being able to strike quickly is a priority. I'd recommend getting your hands on the Orthos or, if you have a good clan, the Guandao, as these are quick weapons with high range and decent damage to back them up.

Also, generally speaking, stealth Warframes tend not to be great for horde missions like Mobile Defense unless min-maxed nicely. It's definitely doable, but it'll take more effort than if you used a Frame like, say, Rhino.

Okay, thanks for the advice. Would something like the Soma Prime work? Since so far it's fire rate is good and it's damage output is decent.

34 minutes ago, BlackShadowSnake said:

Okay, thanks for the advice. Would something like the Soma Prime work? Since so far it's fire rate is good and it's damage output is decent.

Excellent weapon that can work a fair ways into end game, if modded well. The steady damage of its bullets will also fair better against the Corpus once shield gating becomes a thing, since it'll rip right past them without interruption.