Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pets can not walk through doors [Fixed]

Featherfox

As a side note, it seems Corpus is having this problem as well. Like my poor Kira, and the many other loved pets (some of which are mentioned above), Sniper Crewmen with their pet electric rolling drones also don't know how to door, and sometimes don't know how to stairs. It can be funny that all you have to do to outrun a terrible situation is simply go through a door.

I'm sure there's an intelligence joke somewhere there, but I'd rather just see Kira able to cross thresholds again. :)

- Featherfox

I've noticed similar problems with enemies, sometimes their AI just dies at doors, they stand around. I've been doing a few Dark Sector survivals, and every once in a while have to look for where all my enemies were at and on multiple occasions have found a few just standing by doors, then seemingly their AI activates when I get close enough.

as the title says, kubrow has problems going through open doors or walk downstairs, he keeps running in place until i get far away and then he gets teleported back to me. This is happening everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_x_uvRJXvQ&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvM6aWwycG0&feature=youtu.be

Edited by CookieDoughAlex
adding videos

This is also happening to my new Helminth Charger pet. He runs up to the open door, but then gets stuck running into an invisible wall.

Sometimes he catches up with me later in the mission, but sometimes he doesn't.

I hope it is fixed soon.

Bye and have fun out there.

My Kubrow does the same thing. She gets stuck on doors that are open, on stairs, and sometimes even on invisible walls. 
My husband and friend have sentinels and they function just fine. 
I love my giant Kubrow, please look into this DE TAT

On most doors, the kubrow keeps running at it while its opened, as if there was something blocking it's way. I need to create a certain distance for it to teleport to me and unbug.

About the mod that makes the kubrow open lockers, it takes a few seconds for it to react, and it walks to the closed, stays still, and then it glitches to try to open.

It would be great if you could command the kubrow to come to you, attack, be stealthy and guard a place, things like that, so you could order the kubrow to walk away from a bug. This way, even if it gets stuck in a new bug, you can try to move it.

Same problem here.  Kavat, Kubro, Helminth, all get "stuck" pathing from tile to tile.  Their animation shows them trying to run and occasionally doing the "unstick me" backflip, but each tile seems to have an invisible companion barrier.  The only "solution" is to keep going until I am far enough away from my companion that they teleport to me.  This is an unacceptable solution since one of the main reasons I equip my companion instead of a Sentinal is for looting lockers!  (Incidentally, the pet falling through the floor while opening a locker bug is still randomly going on!)

Glad to see that I'm not the only one having this issue.

I've been running Kubrows and Kavats with my Oberon Prime, in order to squeeze out every bit of exp for my mastery rank. I've encountered the same problems with doors, not being able to climb or descend stairs, and they're still falling through the floor after they unlock a locker.

The skins you can purchase in Cetus, are rather poor in quality. When the Kubrow/Kavat crouches down, their paws separate from their legs. The collar either goes invisible, or it's sticking out of the Drahk skin's neck. 

The next "big update" from DE, should be a rework to the AI of our beloved pets. What's the use of gene-kits and cosmetics, if the pets don't work correctly?

10 hours ago, Graptos said:

On most doors, the kubrow keeps running at it while its opened, as if there was something blocking it's way. I need to create a certain distance for it to teleport to me and unbug.

About the mod that makes the kubrow open lockers, it takes a few seconds for it to react, and it walks to the closed, stays still, and then it glitches to try to open.

It would be great if you could command the kubrow to come to you, attack, be stealthy and guard a place, things like that, so you could order the kubrow to walk away from a bug. This way, even if it gets stuck in a new bug, you can try to move it.

I took my very first kubrow out on its very first mission a little earlier and I am FAR from impressed - in fact, it has to be the biggest disappointment I've experienced in the game so far.  Like yours, mine kept getting stuck in doorways/openings for no apparent reason whether or not there's an actual door there or not.  Also, it wouldn't attack anything (i have both its mods maxed - DIG and  FEROCITY, it's a Sahasa Kubrow).  Occasionally it would attack and really mess up the enemy when it did, but just as often (if not more so), it would just stand there doing nothing while I'm getting hammered by the enemy.  I deliberately minimized my attacks so as to give the kubrow the chance to score the kill and hopefully level up faster - didn't work.  Until now I've only ever used the sentinels - carrier and helios and find them 1000x more useful and reliable than this stupid kubrow.  I'm new to the game, and I've seen many people with their kubrows which makes me wonder if maybe mine is just a crappy breed or do people only have them for looks and not for utility.  I suspect that the AI is just plain broken and given the BS required to get one and maintain it I think it's just some kind of cruel joke by DE to put these in the game.  Maybe I'm expecting too much from them - either way, I can't see myself ever using it again or making a new one unless DE at least fix the AI.

Ok, I'm noticing that the kubrow is also getting stuck on stairs that are part of a cell. The Grineer assault ship hanger cell for example. The stairs that lead up to the second level with the overlook, kubrow is affraid of those as well.