The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Foundry Segment

RevoDinAlt

I am excited with this new release. Like many people with whom I have spoken in game, I looked forward to sprouting my archwing on my warframe and flying through the new area. My clan will have this research finished in less than three days. However, I, wanting to start off right away, bought the Archwing Foundry thingy from the market. As of this writing, I couldn't find anything before buying the item, that revealed the crafting contents. 150 fish oil? Really? Getting 150 fish. No problem. I'll do that. The other requirements are \ were easy to fill. 

It would have been great to have, at least, known what the ingredients were, before buying the item for 175 plat. Now, I feel ripped off. I'm not even close to the 150 and I know from what I have seen of spawn rates and such that it's likely going to take me at least three days to get the fish oil. Hmmmm. Oh well. I hope that someone else doing a search on this finds this topic and doesn't spend the money on this item without being informed ahead of time. I still would have spent plat. Just not on this thing. 

Me, I'm not even upset that I couldn't use it right away. I certainly expected some new materials to be used in creating a permanent item to allow me to call down my Archwing whenever.

The disappointing part was finding out that I needed 150 of a resource I can only get in small doses and to make a mere 50 uses.

Consider that in one run to the Plains, you'll use anywhere between 2 and 5 charges (guesstimation, including occasional stops to fish, mine, do whatever) meaning your 50 charges will only last 10-25 missions.

(Also, you're telling me I need to throw down a beacon to call my Archwing on an open field when mid-mission on Uranus my Archwing magically appears on my back when I jump in water miles below the surface of the planet?)

Yeah - I got burned too on the 175 plat 

Nevermind -  Vauban, Trinity, Nekros and prime mod sales will recoup that so no harm done

Was just confused by the whole thing not appearing after putting the segment in the foundry

I got Titania which does ok for getting around - now have to work out how to get a rod (love that there is no explanation unlike Destiny which spoon feeds you)

Ok this really is an (to say it blunt) extreme stupid decision considering if you use the slow way of research and stuff.

I can understand the crafting of the landing craft thingys (don't remember their names now) but now for the AW to call them to the plains?

Who did come up with such idea? I hope they will change it quick cus otherwise Titania will be the fast travel frame for Plains lol. If you wanna limit the AW then give it somwthing like an cd after used for let's say 2-3 mins eventually OR an 2nd stage of the segment that makes infinite usable after crafted.

Cus running through the plains is currently tedious after you wanna return to start a new bounty but need nearly 5 mins for this.

23 hours ago, ChargeBeam said:

Consider that in one run to the Plains, you'll use anywhere between 2 and 5 charges (guesstimation, including occasional stops to fish, mine, do whatever) meaning your 50 charges will only last 10-25 missions.

(Also, you're telling me I need to throw down a beacon to call my Archwing on an open field when mid-mission on Uranus my Archwing magically appears on my back when I jump in water miles below the surface of the planet?)

Two to five charges if you're lucky. This archwing mode in Plains is terrible. It's so easy to accidentally go out of archwing mode and, BAM, you're screwed out of a "charge" I'm flying apparently too low to the ground (hardly) and using melee and suddenly I'm out of archwing and doing a slam on the ground. Fifty charges, with the current design, is far too few. Five hundred and then we're talking. 

9 minutes ago, Azurefireflower said:

People are complainin' about balance so much without paying attention to any of the DE streams this weekend it seems...

DE knows about the Fish Oil issue, and they already have confirmed it to be being lowered in the next hotfix, which, should be today.

That imo does not fix the issue about using archwing on plains and losing by melee or by damage from the enemies in a few hits. I really just prefere farm 4k fish oil to have archwing permanently on poe without charges and if its destroyed or you leave it by melee or whatever... have a cooldown like 2 or 5 min to use it again

And as a lot of ppl said, its unfair and funny use archwing on uranus for free and have to pay materials to use it on poe. Want a balance¿? make it permanent with more resources need it. when you get it at least it will be forever.

Edited by DarkDemonXR69

6 minutes ago, DarkDemonXR69 said:

That imo does not fix the issue about using archwing on plains and losing by melee or by damage from the enemies in a few hits. I really just prefere farm 4k fish oil to have archwing permanently on poe without charges and if its destroyed or you leave it by melee or whatever... have a cooldown like 2 or 5 min to use it again

And as a lot of ppl said, its unfair and funny use archwing on uranus for free and have to pay materials to use it on poe. Want a balance¿? make it permanent with more resources need it. when you get it at least it will be forever.

I personally agree with having it cost more if it was permanent rather then single use. But if the choice was between having it on cool down between each use and having to use charges? I'd rather charges, every time. Despite farming being annoying at times.

Anyways we'll know in the coming weeks if it'll change, in the more immediate future, at least we are getting reduced costs .