Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuck in the War Within quest [FIXED]

so_many_watermelons

I'm stuck as well.  Fought the queen and back on the ship.  Ordis is asking if I can walk around and I'm prompted to press 5 for transference.  When I press 5 it starts the animation and then freezes.  I'm stuck not being able to move the character with the warframe in the transference pose. I've tried restarting the game since it appears it's unable to change modes and transition to the operator.  Quest reloads to same point and the issue persists.

Edit: Saw some people are stuck at the Maw portion, possibly due to them not selecting a focus school prior to War Within.  I had selected my previous school prior to starting the quest, although I have never earned any focus for it since I only completed second dream a couple days ago.  I spent the 50k focus to rebuy the same school but did not have the points to buy the passive or anything else in the tree.  Seems both issues are related but possibly have different causes.

Edited by Visage13
Updated bug info

I'm stuck as well.  Fought the queen and back on the ship.  Ordis is asking if I can walk around and I'm prompted to press 5 for transference.  When I press 5 it starts the animation and then freezes.  I'm stuck not being able to move the character with the warframe in the transference pose.

Edited by Visage13

4 minutes ago, Visage13 said:

I'm stuck as well.  Fought the queen and back on the ship.  Ordis is asking if I can walk around and I'm prompted to press 5 for transference.  When I press 5 it starts the animation and then freezes.  I'm stuck not being able to move the character with the warframe in the transference pose.

Have to quote you on that. That's another bug i presume? Im just on the part where you first use transference on the Golden Maw and i cant even use it on him. I cant even instance out of the mission. So basically we're all gonna be stuck here.

Edited by Zelorath

So i was playing the War Within quest a few days ago before the PoE update dropped and some unfortunate things happened causing me to have to quit mid game and i come back after the update and i'm in the operator part of the quest and when i get to the Maw part i cant control him with the normal press 5 thing not sure if the update broke something but please help was really looking forward to the update. i also cant see the energy bar when i use my abilities. 

Edited by Templar_365

Yeah, I'm guessing so.  There's several threads in the Focus 2.0 Bug forum.  Sucks cause I just wanted to finish War Within before trying the new Eidolon stuff.  Hopefully there'll be a hotfix soon.  Would be nice if we could at least drop out of the quest.  I'd repeat that section if need be.

I've posted this in a couple other threads on the topic, I'm having the same issue so I'm posting again for visibility.

I'm stuck as well.  Fought the queen and back on the ship.  Ordis is asking if I can walk around and I'm prompted to press 5 for transference.  When I press 5 it starts the animation and then freezes.  I'm stuck not being able to move the character with the warframe in the transference pose. I've tried restarting the game since it appears it's unable to change modes and transition to the operator.  Quest reloads to same point and the issue persists.

4 minutes ago, Visage13 said:

Yeah, I'm guessing so.  There's several threads in the Focus 2.0 Bug forum.  Sucks cause I just wanted to finish War Within before trying the new Eidolon stuff.  Hopefully there'll be a hotfix soon.  Would be nice if we could at least drop out of the quest.  I'd repeat that section if need be.

Same thing, we just need to wait a little bit. I really wanted to finish up the main storyline before i jump in the PoE.

Wanted to add that while this bug persists, we are locked out of playing the rest of Warframe completely too, as we're stuck in an endless loop of being stuck inside the Operator stage of the quest, even when we exit and restart the game. Absolute game stopper, all the while booster times are counting down. :(

It's around 2am on Friday where DE is at the moment, so not sure if they will be staying up this late to deal with game stoppers like these. If the team is coming in around 8-9am, we're still looking at 6+ hours for a probable fix at the minimum. Kinda a huge bummer for us OCE/Asia players hit by this bug where we're basically unable to play Warframe during our peak time of Friday evening/night (starting around now).

Edited by LuckyFennec