Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We See Some Real Change In Boss Drop Rates?

SonofRobin73

As it is right now, bosses drop more common materials than rare materials. It consistently takes more than 10 tries to get 1 rare material that only that boss drops. This is completely contradictory to how other games work.

Games like Zelda, Borderlands, and EVEN Dark Souls reward you appropriately when you've killed a boss.

You kill the boss, you get the reward. That's how rewarding games work.

I feel it makes more sense to make bosses drop the rare resources more reliably because the rare materials already only drop in amounts of 1. You still have to run the boss more times to build something that requires more than 1 of that material anyways, so why make it harder?

I think the better question is why should it be made easier?

As it is, all it takes is some good amount of effort and time and you will have blueprints for items.
These items express how good/opportunistic you are to other players and spark the desire for them to grind for it too.

The most satisfying part of the journey is the journey itself.

Warframe encourages this ideal. This ideal in turn encourages re playability!

Imagine this.

You kill a boss, you get your item. Endgame reached.

"Thanks for coming! ^^ "

I gotta say at the very least have it so bosses don't drop the common resource. Uncomon? Okay. Rare? Awesome. Common? what a waste of time.

for the time and effort you have to put into killing a boss with level appropriate gear it's always a huge downer to see the most common materials drop. 

As it is, all it takes is some good amount of effort and time and you will have blueprints for items.

These items express how good/opportunistic you are to other players and spark the desire for them to grind for it too.

Imagine this.

"Thanks for coming! ^^ "

It should be made less time-consuming because it's hilariously bad right now. You need 37 control modules to build the clantech weapons, 13 for the warframes, 3 for the sentinels, and 1 for the Pangolin Sword. That's 54 control modules. With current drop rates, you have to kill Hyena more than 500 times. You don't think that's completely insane?

Imagine this.

"Thanks for coming! ^^ "

The journey isn't all that fun when it's repeating the same mission over and over. Also many people don't have time for a "good amount of effort and time" and don't wish to spend an hour or 2 just to get 1 material that they want. I'm not saying make it drop literally every time you fight the boss, just make the bosses actually worth fighting. They should drop something worthwhile almost every time, whether it be a material, blueprint, mod, or hell even a pile of credits. This encourages playing the boss over again because the player knows they'll be rewarded in some way. As it is now it's kill a boss, get nano spores, kill a boss, get nano spores. Right now it is more likely that you'll get what you want out of a container.

I will say the first time I killed a boss, it dropped a copy of the very first mod I had ever found.  No blueprint, no rare material.  I was extremely disappointed.

At least an uncommon should be guaranteed...the first boss alone is no joke.  Haven't even seen the rest.

mm.. alright I see the point you guys are making here.

My theory is if they make the rewards slightly more definite, then they should add more variety to missions each time you rerun them. Not like nightmare mode. But simply different events and hazards occur. this should reduce monotony and also make defeating the boss more satisfying.

I used an escalator to climb mount everest then I kicked the dwarf off the top and received no loot.
(what it is currently)

VS

I traversed harsh conditions, perilous pathways, tricks and traps, variety of monsters, I defeated a giant metal dinosaur in an arena atop the volcano.
and I got the most amazing loot! look! a glow in the dark watch!

So that's it's not kill everyone then kill the boss then rinse and repeat so easily.
Maybe have actual areas with more traps. I believe the void is essentially a view of similiar hazards to arrive in normal missions.

It should be made less time-consuming because it's hilariously bad right now. You need 37 control modules to build the clantech weapons, 13 for the warframes, 3 for the sentinels, and 1 for the Pangolin Sword. That's 54 control modules. With current drop rates, you have to kill Hyena more than 500 times. You don't think that's completely insane?

No, I don't. Mostly because, yes the bosses drop rare resources fairly rarely(ho ho~) and only 1 at a time. HOWEVER, storage containers on the same planet can also drop the rare resource pretty rarely as well, but they can drop upwards of THREE at a time. I've walked away with 7 rare resources(not morphics) from a single run(after the drop rate issue was fixed).

Bosses aren't the best thing to farm anymore if you're after rare resources(thank god).

No, I don't. Mostly because, yes the bosses drop rare resources fairly rarely(ho ho~) and only 1 at a time. HOWEVER, storage containers on the same planet can also drop the rare resource pretty rarely as well, but they can drop upwards of THREE at a time. I've walked away with 7 rare resources(not morphics) from a single run(after the drop rate issue was fixed).

Bosses aren't the best thing to farm anymore if you're after rare resources(thank god).

So you agree that rare resource drop rates from bosses are too low?

Jeez. I never asked for drop rates from containers to be lower, just for rates from bosses to be higher. It was perfect for one shining moment after Update 9.

No. If you buff the drop rate from bosses, it will once again become MANDATORY that if you want a rare resource, you farm a boss. Unlike right now, where you can farm ANY mission and get a decent chance at a rare resource(especially if you know where the hidden rooms are).

Why would I farm any mission other than bosses if bosses have a 30-50% drop rate on rare resources? It's not like boss runs don't have containers or naturally higher drop rates of resources in their missions already. The only reason I would farm another mission type would be to prove that it could be done, albeit not efficiently, but it could be.

I absolutely refuse this change, mostly because I fought so damned hard in the past to get rare resources to this point in the first place. I'll not have you revert it back.

Well i am still rather new, i am a l30 Loki. Recently i gor twin ethers and are also leveling Paris for a while.

I have got frost prime bp and banshee bp in alerts.

I got the cronus bp from Vor post U8 first time.

since then rescources, mods or blueprints have not dropped from vor, hek, or jackal.

Is there some list of % chances and aprox number of replays to get blueprint parts?

Considering that weapons and böueprints all need quite alot of rescources, plus build time i

i get the impression this all takes a very long time.

Those of you with many frames, or are frequent boss farmers,

do you have any wizdom or insights to share?

Well i am still rather new, i am a l30 Loki. Recently i gor twin ethers and are also leveling Paris for a while.

since then rescources, mods or blueprints have not dropped from vor, hek, or jackal.

Is there some list of % chances and aprox number of replays to get blueprint parts?

Considering that weapons and böueprints all need quite alot of rescources, plus build time i

While rather off-topic, I can tell you what I know. I was in your position before, and now have almost all of the frames. It takes time. Once you get further into the game, things become much easier to craft. Rare materials are still hard to get though, and boss drop rates aren't helping with that either (hence the creation of this topic).

Cronus bp is guaranteed from the first time you face Vor. After that, it's all normal drop system from there. There are datamined percentages for some things (idk about bosses) but you have to realize that those percentages are just numbers. Running a certain amount of times based on percentages won't guarantee you anything, as all drops are random.

In the future, questions like this are best posted in the player helping players section of the forums.

Imagine this.

"Thanks for coming! ^^ "

Endless grinds in which you rely on randomly generated numbers are not fun. Fun games have challenging gameplay in which you are rewarded for being able to beat them.

Imagine this.

"Thanks for coming! ^^ "

It's a journey, not journeys across the same ground again and again. Maybe the bosses should be bosses.

Imagine this.

"Thanks for coming! ^^ "

Luck isn't the same as effort. There really isn't much of a journey involved when its the same damn thing over and over for an inconsistent length of time based entirely on luck.

While rather off-topic, I can tell you what I know. I was in your position before, and now have almost all of the frames. It takes time. Once you get further into the game, things become much easier to craft. Rare materials are still hard to get though, and boss drop rates aren't helping with that either (hence the creation of this topic).

Cronus bp is guaranteed from the first time you face Vor. After that, it's all normal drop system from there. There are datamined percentages for some things (idk about bosses) but you have to realize that those percentages are just numbers. Running a certain amount of times based on percentages won't guarantee you anything, as all drops are random.

In the future, questions like this are best posted in the player helping players section of the forums.

Ok thanks, understood.

I Have all frames and all weapons save the new primes, one from alerts and Despair.(all of them farmed)

there is no secret, you want something you farm in the area of highest probability. That was until recently, bosses and I am so sick and tired of farming uninteresting bosses over and over, I never want to see another one.

as for the time it takes, Ember took me about a week of farming before I got her, Nyx 3 runs, so it is pure luck as to how long it will take you to get one.

My only suggestion is don't farm the exact thing over and over as it gets boring and irritating.(and seems like it punishes you with crappier and crappier drops)

Alternate between various items you need for what ever it is you want to build, like lets say you want to build a new frame you know what mats you will need to build it, so hit the boss, then a random mission that can give mats you need repeat as needed.