Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus School Changes and Associated Focus Points

MagPrime

With the changes to the Focus schools, i was excited to try out a different school.

But since all of my refunded points are to the schools I was using before, I now can't use the roughly 3 mil. points from my old schools.

Is there anyway to have unused points reverted to a school neutral pool?

At this point, I have to grind out millions more points just to use the school I want and never use the millions I have in Naramon and Zenurik.  

Dont you need more focus points now for whole tree to unlock than you needed before?Also there was a topic before to put all of our earned fpcus points into one overall pool and distribute them as we like because of great changes done to schools.I was in favor of this.DE didnt listen to it...Now when update has come Im ok with this because all schools are good and nothing was wasted,in my humble opinion.

19 minutes ago, RistN said:

Dont you need more focus points now for whole tree to unlock than you needed before?Also there was a topic before to put all of our earned fpcus points into one overall pool and distribute them as we like because of great changes done to schools.I was in favor of this.DE didnt listen to it...Now when update has come Im ok with this because all schools are good and nothing was wasted,in my humble opinion.

But if I can't use the points, they are wasted.

I don't want Naramom or Zenurik.  The changes don't suit my playstyle and I want to try Maduri.  Since I can't use those 3 mil points, they are a waste.

33 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

But if I can't use the points, they are wasted.

I don't want Naramom or Zenurik.  The changes don't suit my playstyle and I want to try Maduri.  Since I can't use those 3 mil points, they are a waste.

Well. actually you could use them still. that's the point. combining the cross school stuff to find the ideal and unique build that works for you. also. you cannot get the fully unlock focus tree achievement now without the cross school ones. so Yes you CAN use the 3 mil. you just dont want to. and I do agree that being locked into zenurik as i am isnt exactly ideal for me either. but then i plan to combine zenurik and naramon schools and see where that takes me.

1 minute ago, Desdemona-XI said:

Well. actually you could use them still. that's the point. combining the cross school stuff to find the ideal and unique build that works for you. also. you cannot get the fully unlock focus tree achievement now without the cross school ones. so Yes you CAN use the 3 mil. you just dont want to. and I do agree that being locked into zenurik as i am isnt exactly ideal for me either. but then i plan to combine zenurik and naramon schools and see where that takes me.

It's not that I don't want to, thanks for that btw, it's that I didn't know I could do that.

However, i still have no interest in the schools those points are tied up in.

But due to the general "get over it" mentality everyone is ascribing to, I guess I better start farming for points.

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

With the changes to the Focus schools, i was excited to try out a different school.

But since all of my refunded points are to the schools I was using before, I now can't use the roughly 3 mil. points from my old schools.

Is there anyway to have unused points reverted to a school neutral pool?

At this point, I have to grind out millions more points just to use the school I want and never use the millions I have in Naramon and Zenurik.  

Why dont we have a universal focus xp pool that would be way better then switching between lenses,frames and weapons to level up each specific school

20 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

But due to the general "get over it" mentality everyone is ascribing to, I guess I better start farming for points.

Its not like that.Focus is now very different from what it was.Now you can activate all nodes without any punishment unlike before.Before every active node added time to fill up focus meter.Now there is no such thing and all nodes are very interesting and can be useful.Before we only used passives, now you can use it all.Thats why Im now content with things as they are.As I said before update I was for idea to use focus as we like from overall pool.

Edited by RistN

4 minutes ago, RistN said:

Its not that.Focus is now very different from what it was.Now you can activate all nodes without any punishment unlike before.Before every active node added time to fill up focus meter.Now there is no such thing and all nodes are very interesting and can be useful.Before we only used passives, now you can use all.Thats why Im now content with things they are.As I said before update I was for idea to use focus as we like from overall pool.

I have to disagree.

The system works for others and they have no interest in seeing it changed, therefore, I should simply get over it instead of asking for a simple change that would allow more freedom of choice. 

The schools had a drastic overhaul, why should I be locked into two schools that are totally different and no longer suit the purpose I chose them for?

Because other people like it that way.

So now, I have to buy plat to buy a greater lenses, just to start grinding noticeable amount of focus to use a different school, after a few weeks of grinding.

Edited by MagPrime

14 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

It's not that I don't want to, thanks for that btw, it's that I didn't know I could do that.

However, i still have no interest in the schools those points are tied up in.

Im not telling you to get over it. Im simply pointing out erroneous claims. affinity in a school you dont want is not utterly useless. it doesnt make it very useful, however.

DE probably filters out dozens of bug reports because the player has phrased it poorly, expecting they have missed some element of the system. which is why DE didnt believe lephantis was basically completely unkillable until a dev stream where they tried to run it.

and we were told about cross-focus school powers from day 1 all the way back to tennocon. its also in the launcher update info, the PoE announcement page, all over the forum concerning focus 2.0 in the dev workshop and other locations as well. Not to be blunt but you cant hold DE responsible for you not opting to read up.

Do i think focus should have been refunded into a central well and allow players to repick. absolutely. I think making all focus go to a single well forever is a mistake however, and wont happen simply because it goes against what DE wanted focus to be in the first place. a Long-term goal. which warframe had long needed.

and As i said in another post. I dont see how any school has changed so much. all schools still have the same theme-driven power selection. the same kind of abilities as they have always had. I havent seen a single substantial difference to any focus school beyond the removal of madurai's basic unibeam ability. madruai still grants the same serious damage passive. and is now easier to activate. it also has its pretty potent seeming hadouken ability and everything it seems to do is based around damage. No different then it ever was. same with zenurik. still all about energy. more of it. more channelling efficiency. more energy regen etc etc. the only powers that were really dropped utterly were ones that never belonged in the focus school in the first place. or ones that were deemed to be either pointless or overpowered. just about everything was just reworked and tied to operator abilities.

so tell me, why did you have interest in these schools in the first place if their passives are still basically the same. and their abiltiies still fit the same playstyle? and im not being snarky I really want to know what massive inversion of what these schools do you see that i dont

8 minutes ago, RistN said:

Its not that.Focus is now very different from what it was.Now you can activate all nodes without any punishment unlike before.Before every active node added time to fill up focus meter.Now there is no such thing and all nodes are very interesting and can be useful.Before we only used passives, now you can use all.Thats why Im now content with things they are.As I said before update I was for idea to use focus as we like from overall pool.

and this is exactly my point. the powers are the same basic theme. and you dont have to scrimp and save with which powers you have active.