Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Focus Issue

Galadonn

New focus has this unfair problem:

People that farmed a lot of focus for a specific way because they liked it or because it was useful for their gameplay style, so they were grinding hard for it.

Then since new Focus came, many Lens are not at all the similar in any way of what they use to be (and thats fine) but what end up happening is that now players have a ton of focus points on a focus that might not be for their playstyle anymore.

Lets make a quick comparison: a Vazarin still has a lot of similarities with the old version, so a player that use to play Vazarin can easly use the refunded points again on the same Focus, BUT, if you look at Madurai or Naramon they are quit different so players have a ton of focus on a useless Lens for them.

All this to say that it would be fair to give players a chance to relocate all their focus points on a new Focus Way, only once of course.

PS: Silver grove last quest is bugged, I runned it several times and after you use apothic, specter wont spawn....

Thank you in advance

I heard any unspent Focus points we had may have been lost. I hope that isn't the case.

Regardless, as they've ruined every school for Warframes in order to focus on Operators, those points we spent should have been put back into a general pool, that we could select which school is now the least worthless—and not be trapped in a school DE destroyed.

Not in my case, i mean, i still have 4m extra points on naramon, and i grinded hard for that!! and now that naramon is Garbage do u think i feel like farming all over again for a different focus while my 4m Naramon focus points stay there unused?? I Am so mad....

Will this topic ever be Read by DE?

I dont really see how any of the focus schools have been ruined. and I'm a zenurik.

Madurai still gets it's damage buff. narmon still gets it's melee and affinity buffs. Zenurik still gets energy if not quite the same way though. 

the fact is focus 1.0 was mostly ignored or unused because most players only cared about the passives. and the non passive powers were often either op or ungainly or in some cases utterly pointless.

that said. I believe the Held 5 to focus active powers should be reinstated. I miss my stasis pulses just as much as I am sure any madurai player misses their unibeam of Doom. the various addons to that active power honestly I don't really care that much about. I wouldn't mind seeing Some of them return too. though I think then the focus tree should be divided between operator and focus powers so people can put more attention where they want it. 

Edited by Desdemona-XI
clarification

1 minute ago, Desdemona-XI said:

I dont really see how any of the focus schools have been ruined. and I'm a zenurik.

Madurai still gets it's damage buff. narmon still gets it's melee and affinity buffs. Zenurik still gets energy if not quite the same way though. 

the fact is focus 1.0 was mostly ignored or unused because most players only cared about the passives. and the non passive powers were often either op or ungainly or in some cases utterly pointless.

that said. I believe the Held 5 to focus active powers should be reinstated. I miss my stasis pulses just as much as I am sure any madurai player misses their unibeam of Doom. the various addons to that active power honestly I dont really care that much about. I wouldnt mind seeing them return too. though i think then the focus tree should be divided between operator and focus powers so people can put more attention where they want it. 

Costs are way too high.

That being said, I got Naramon for my school when I completed the 2nd dream. I put lens on my favourite gear, moved up to Greater lens and even bought some. But even with that? I didn't come close to maxing out the school. In these last few weeks I've been farming Naramon non-stop and the grind has been horrid. Before PoE I had 2 nodes left. That's it. I was proud. Thought it was excessive grinding...but I was proud. Now the update comes and I need a TON more points. I went from having two nodes left, to having 4 plus an other two upgrades to a 5th node. AND needing lots more "Pool" points (why are these even a thing?)

Not to mention having to get Eidolon shards (Assuming they come from Eidolons which requires a ton of grind to be able to be strong enough to take them down) which just increases the grind even more. And I thought it was bad before....

17 minutes ago, Desdemona-XI said:

that said. I believe the Held 5 to focus active powers should be reinstated. I miss my stasis pulses just as much as I am sure any madurai player misses their unibeam of Doom. the various addons to that active power honestly I dont really care that much about. I wouldnt mind seeing them return too. though i think then the focus tree should be divided between operator and focus powers so people can put more attention where they want it. 

17 minutes ago, Desdemona-XI said:

As DEATHLOK said the best option would be to Create a ''focus pool'' then the player can decide which Way to unlock (ofc its a onetime choosing option, afterwards you will be bound to that focus) It is a fair thing to do, especially for people like us that spent days for focus grinding.

I hope DE read this TOPIC.

DE Help us pls!

Costs have reportedly been lowered since focus 1.0 and focus daily cap has been raised. along with a larger focus lens. 

Pool points have also always been a thing. and pool costs have been dramatically lowered since focus 1.0 why pool points are still a thing now i am less sure on however

Lastly focus was always intended to be a very long-term system. which contrasts a lot with the quick 2hour grind for maxing any frame or weapon i know but that was also the point. long term project.

3 minutes ago, Galadonn said:

As DEATHLOK said the best option would be to Create a ''focus pool'' then the player can decide which Way to unlock (ofc its a onetime choosing option, afterwards you will be bound to that focus) It is a fair thing to do, especially for people like us that spent days for focus grinding.

I hope DE read this TOPIC.

DE Help us pls!

well it's worth noting that your so called wasted focus isnt wasted truly. you can at an inflated cost unlock some of your passives for use cross-school. and with all lenses being uninstalled automatically. trading for a new school is easy enough. I think the issue is DE couldnt easily find a way to create a neutral focus pool just for this one event. and focus 2.0 is kind of oriented towards mastering multiple schools in the first place. you can swap your lenses out. join a school you like more. and carry over some of the abilities from your other school.

32 minutes ago, Desdemona-XI said:

I dont really see how any of the focus schools have been ruined. and I'm a zenurik

Focus 1.0: I had void blast 1, its mastery max, energy overflow max, 400k spare focus.

Focus 2.0: energy orb passive max, energizing dash 1/5, out of focus.

That's not the point Desdemona, what really matters is that Focus 2.0 is out  with new stuff, so DE should give the players an opportunity to make a fresh start like if focus never existed.

BUT, right now, what is happening is that players are forced to use the same lens since they have points on that, or farm again for hours because they have no choice but to do so, and believe me, it is so frustrating seeing that you have tons of points in a focus that doesn't suits you play-style anymore....

New Focus = Fresh Start.      Give the players this opportunity with a neutral Focus Pool.

Edited by Galadonn

Just now, Galadonn said:

That's not the point Desdemona, what really matters is that Focus 2.0 is out  with new stuff, so DE should give the players an opportunity to make a fresh start like if focus never existed.

BUT, right now, what is happening is that players are forced to use the same lens since they have points on that, or farm again for hours because they have no choice but to do so, and believe me, it is so frustrating seeing that you have tons of points in a focus that doesn't suits you play-style anymore....

New Focus = Fresh Start.      Give the players this opportunity with a neutral Focus Pool.

I Do see where you're coming from but what I don't see how the play style of any focus school has changed.

as far as i can tell all their powers are still geared to the same central theme of the school. That is my point. madurai is flat out attack, naramon the more intellectual know-thy-enemy-know-thyself angle. and zenurik all about strength of spirit and energy. I simply dont see any disruptions in that theme. except madurai losing it's unibeam which ive mentioned i feel should be reinstated.

And in all fairness when you first pick your focus school you're picking blindly in the first case you have nothing to go on in game aside from the base description of the school. now sure some people hit up wiki for it. some people picked before wiki had the info. some people dont like relying on wiki.

Now Im not disagreeing with you. it would have been very nice for focus to have been refunded ambivalently. but it wasnt. DE has stated that part of where they were taking focus is to encourage players to use every school. and in the end all we can do is ask nicely, and deal with what we are given. I was expecting my zenurik affinity to be locked into zenurik from day 1 so maybe im just not so surprised by this and have had more time to adapt and make peace with it.

So yes. I agree with you that focus should be repilled into a central well and players be allowed to pick their new school. and I have never claimed otherwise.

I simply stated I dont see how any school can be called "ruined" when its still exactly the same sort of powers it was before. one attacks, one defends. one heals. one learns. one generates energy.

if you're whining over naramon's former invis ability. well frankly im glad that was disposed of there are enough ways for frames to turn invisible and i never felt that fitted naramon's goal. focus 1.0 was full of powers that either made no sense in that school. or were ridiculously imbalanced to either the extreme of  opness or the extreme of being utterly useless. and we were warned very early on that That power was going to be sacrificed to the void forevermore. 

De never promised focus would be refunded into a central pool either which is another point worth mentioning.

Doesn't take of the fact that now if someone farmed focus for specific powers or passives now they have something different and there is noting they can do about it, so its just fair to give a new start.

Also,since you are mentioning invisibility from Naramon that's not the only thing that changed, the % Critical chance is not passive anymore is void-bound like many other things, so yes, it is drastically different from before, especially if you were a melee Warframe.

Beside talk for yourself, but players didn't pick blindly when focus came out (unless you were too lazy to read) and if some did they changed lens as soon as they understood what would have suit them.

The point is that you farm for something that you like, and when you see all your effort gone to waste its frustrating and helpless, that's why a simple Focus points Neutral Pool would be appreciate. Otherwise why bother leaving the players all the focus points? just delete everything and give them a totally new start.

They are not.Naramon is still a melee oriented school,but i don't use a melee weapon.The only reason i took that was for the invisibility due to me maining a blessing glaive trinity at the time,now i get higher melee damage and combo and affinity..great..but i don't care for it.I wanted that school for invisibility,as other picked theirs for the multiple revive or increased damage on slash-puncture-impact.All mechanics that are gone.And i would be fine with it,if i could reallocate my 800k focus somewhere else..but i can't.So please,don't come telling me "they're more or less the same".Because next time i hope they sell you a 1 tera hard disk with only 200 mb of space inside,saying "hey,it's still something that holds your data,close enough"

On 10/13/2017 at 11:48 AM, DEATHLOK said:

I heard any unspent Focus points we had may have been lost. I hope that isn't the case.

Regardless, as they've ruined every school for Warframes in order to focus on Operators, those points we spent should have been put back into a general pool, that we could select which school is now the least worthless—and not be trapped in a school DE destroyed.

fortunately DE only entirely destroyed one school, unfortunately it was one of the 3 good ones

On 10/13/2017 at 11:59 AM, Desdemona-XI said:

that said. I believe the Held 5 to focus active powers should be reinstated. I miss my stasis pulses just as much as I am sure any madurai player misses their unibeam of Doom. the various addons to that active power honestly I don't really care that much about. I wouldn't mind seeing Some of them return too. though I think then the focus tree should be divided between operator and focus powers so people can put more attention where they want it. 

I don't really miss the old Madurai ability, it was great early game, but it eventually became too low damage to be useful.

On 10/13/2017 at 7:49 PM, Galadonn said:

Doesn't take of the fact that now if someone farmed focus for specific powers or passives now they have something different and there is noting they can do about it, so its just fair to give a new start.

Also,since you are mentioning invisibility from Naramon that's not the only thing that changed, the % Critical chance is not passive anymore is void-bound like many other things, so yes, it is drastically different from before, especially if you were a melee Warframe.

Beside talk for yourself, but players didn't pick blindly when focus came out (unless you were too lazy to read) and if some did they changed lens as soon as they understood what would have suit them.

The point is that you farm for something that you like, and when you see all your effort gone to waste its frustrating and helpless, that's why a simple Focus points Neutral Pool would be appreciate. Otherwise why bother leaving the players all the focus points? just delete everything and give them a totally new start.

They want us to farm millions of focus points, then they put a 250k daily cap. DE guys what are you doing?... Also I love it when the freaking game crashes on me and I just lose 40 minutes worth of focus farming.

PS. Naramon +Crit buff is laughable. The player is required to stop playing for about 5 seconds in order to get to the +20%, and then as soon as the player gets out of void mode, the buff drops back to 0% in about 5 seconds too. So we have about 5 seconds to make use of a crit bonus which melts almost as fast as our energy during an energy drain mission. Unless I missed something, there is effectively no way to use this alleged crit bonus, either in operator or warframe mode. DE, please explain to me how is this useful in any way possible, and please explain how is this not broken.

Edited by MayssonFairbanks

5 minutes ago, MayssonFairbanks said:

They want us to farm millions of focus points, then they put a 250k daily cap. DE guys make up your mind ffs... Also I love it when the freaking game crashes on me and I just lose 40 minutes worth of focus farming.

That's the point. They made a Time AND grind wall with focus.

They set a cap, a low one, so that you're forced to keep signing in day after day to continue focus farming.

It's like any foundry item that has 12 or more hours of build time.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

That's the point. They made a Time AND grind wall with focus.

They set a cap, a low one, so that you're forced to keep signing in day after day to continue focus farming.

It's like any foundry item that has 12 or more hours of build time.

In this case they need to lower the focus cost of these abilites. According to current numbers anyone other than the worst hardcore players will literally have to play for years in order to fill up these trees and make their operator remotely fun to play and decent at combat.

Edited by MayssonFairbanks

Just now, MayssonFairbanks said:

In this case they need to lower the focus cost of these abilites. According to current numbers anyone other than the worst hardcore players will literally have to play for years in order to fill up these trees and make their operator remotely decent at combat.

I'm going to pull the Console Pleb card and ask for an example, please.

DE, we demand a neutral focus Pool to start over again and pick a new Way (since they all changed more or less, and in a bad way) as well as lower Focus Costs....

Beside, i thought DE said ''we changed prime parts farming to make it more fun and less grindy (good old times camping with vauban Vortex in the void waiting for the dem rare drop every 20 min) and then this new focus came out? as grindy as the old prime farming, actually even more, and more boring! DE, you are contradicting yourselves.

New Focus neutral pool + Lower Focus costs

On 10/13/2017 at 11:43 AM, Galadonn said:

New focus has this unfair problem:

People that farmed a lot of focus for a specific way because they liked it or because it was useful for their gameplay style, so they were grinding hard for it.

Then since new Focus came, many Lens are not at all the similar in any way of what they use to be (and thats fine) but what end up happening is that now players have a ton of focus points on a focus that might not be for their playstyle anymore.

Lets make a quick comparison: a Vazarin still has a lot of similarities with the old version, so a player that use to play Vazarin can easly use the refunded points again on the same Focus, BUT, if you look at Madurai or Naramon they are quit different so players have a ton of focus on a useless Lens for them.

All this to say that it would be fair to give players a chance to relocate all their focus points on a new Focus Way, only once of course.

PS: Silver grove last quest is bugged, I runned it several times and after you use apothic, specter wont spawn....

Thank you in advance

you are going to need multi-focus trees now... is no avoiding it if you want your operator to be decently viable.

Well that was quite an unexpected surprise. At first I didn't think it would play such a role on this, had in mind we can adapt, but now I see I can't play any frame on high levels as I got used to the school system. When focus system was invented, we were not forced to use it. But for now for those who used it they are forced to rebuild everything, I don't find that likable. Playing as operator is fun, but it gets boring very fast.
So, I have a negative opinion on that

Edited by mon4rch