The political Spectrum Of warframe

Some operator quotes...

" We need to purge this place, as we did in the old days. "
" We will bring honor to the Tenno."
" My warframe is strong. "
" Attack us, and we will counter. "
" We fought with honor. "
" The Grineer have no honor.  "

With the whole child soldier thing going on I get a kind of Nazi, religious, nationalistic, tribalistic honor culture vibe out of the ramblings from our operators.

20 minutes ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

Some operator quotes...

With the whole child soldier thing going on I get a kind of Nazi, religious, nationalistic, tribalistic honor culture vibe out of the ramblings from our operators.

Tenno are against facism. 

27 minutes ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

Some operator quotes...

It's very Randian/Objectivist. Anti-authoritarian, might makes right attitudes, self determination at any cost... ew...Suddenly I like this game less.

Grineer are authoritarian Imperialists.

Lol@ 'communist' Infested though, that's something special.

3 minutes ago, MrDeVil_909 said:

It's very Randian/Objectivist. Anti-authoritarian, might makes right attitudes, self determination at any cost... ew...Suddenly I like this game less.

In other words, average video game players

That's not a comment on "gamers" or /v/ or anything like that, that's a comment on video games themselves and what we do when we play them. Think about it, any video game story (that isn't about war between two nations) is about toppling an authority. Half Life 2, Final Fantasy 7, Super Mario Bros. (toppling the Koopa Kingdom after they annex the Mushroom Kingdom), Payday 2, Shadow of Mordor, Bioshock, technically Undertale. The only inversions I can think of are Legend of Zelda and FTL

Might makes right, well that doesn't need to be elaborated. We are the player character, therefore we are the most powerful thing in existence. And we are in the right

Self-determination at all cost. We HATE being shepherded around, or depending on other characters to accomplish stuff. If "mission control" in a game is going beyond supporting us and is trying to control us, they are the antagonist and the goal is to defeat them

7 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

In other words, average video game players

That's not a comment on "gamers" or /v/ or anything like that, that's a comment on video games themselves and what we do when we play them.

Yeah, I wasn't serious, I still like the game plenty. It's the nature of most conflict based games to emphasise the player over the collective, it's an easy and accessible power fantasy.

1 hour ago, (PS4)AFlyingCroissant said:

So...

I’ve been thinking

If the Corpus can be seen as capitalists because of their value of money and grofit

and if the infested are communistic as they act as one

what are the Tenno and the Grineer?

I think differently. 

Corpus = capitalists. 

Grineer = communists. 

Infested = zombies (aka no political affiliation).

Tenno = terrorists/anarchists/war dogs/war profiteers/gun runners.

:crylaugh:

The operators are indoctrinated, they seem brainwashed and dogmatic, talk about honor more than a medieval warlord knight, and they've been recruited into a war at a young age. The Tenno are being shepherded around by the Lotus, they despise the Corpus for their greed and selfishness (even though the entire game is built around us being mercenary bounty hunters completing missions for loot), find Grineer to be subhuman clones, and authoritarian for the Lotus and Tenno, no one else. They sound like creepy nazis.
BTW I like Warframe, I just find the operators to be really silly and horrible whenever they open their mouth, I've managed to separate my enjoyment of Warframe from how insane our protagonists are.