Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframes Get No Skills?

Brimir

Question

24 answers to this question

It is really odd. I have no clue how he got this Volt*, but he sure doesn't have any skill mods for it. I've triple checked his inventory and everything.

*but I assume he bought it with Premium as he hasn't gotten very far into the game.

All he has when it comes to skills/abilities are for his Loki.

Edited by Brimir

Maybe he sold them, or he fused them perhaps.

When you buy Volt, the mods are not slotted yet. so they are in the mods list.

its very likely then that he went to fuse mods for his Loki and selected all of the available mods, including the unslotted volt mods and used them up.

only explanation i can think off as buying, or making a frame always gives you the matching skill mods.

You can't sell them,

They are not in his inventory

They are in his MODS...

This game.......  Needs a Tutorial

Please watch crash course in warframe on youtube by Akamikeb, watch the one on "the new mod system"

Ps... Volt has alot of issues atm, the "Good Alternate to gunplay" line... is a lie! you will be using guns ALOT, may want to pick a stronger, more... beginner friendly frame.

Bump..

Supercharging

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/66572-guide-mods-and-supercharging/

Edited by Tatersail

You can't sell them,

They are not in his inventory

They are in his MODS...

I meant his "Mod inventory".

There is nothing under the "Warframe"-category but his Loki skill mods. I think it is safe to assume me might have Fusion'd the crap outta them. Anyway to fix this and make his Volt playable again?

Edited by Brimir

Maybe he sold them, or he fused them perhaps.

When you buy Volt, the mods are not slotted yet. so they are in the mods list.

its very likely then that he went to fuse mods for his Loki and selected all of the available mods, including the unslotted volt mods and used them up.

I can't fuse ability mods for the frames I already have. That is to say, if I try fusing up my new Null Star and use the old Fireball mod I have laying around (and I still own Ember), the game will just buzz at me and won't allow it.

If I try using Vauban's Tesla, it will allow it, since I sold Vauban.

Pretty sure you can't fuse the last ability mod for a frame you currently own. So, no, he couldn't have fused them away if we're talking about a normal scenario here.

I never tried selling them (never sell mods, they're much more useful for fusing anyway).

Something could have bugged out, though. Try contacting support after making triple-sure they're really gone.

You can't equip an ability mod from Volt on Loki. I am also sure you can't fuse your last ability mod with anything else. So the only explanation I can think of for him not having any of the ability mods is that there was some kind of bug that kept him from getting them. I would suggest going to the support page and writing a ticket.

So my little brother purchased Volt for Platinum (I think) and it has no skill mods whatsoever.

Is that normal?

That is really odd, because the cards can't be fused or sold. I've built several and purchased a few Warframes and they always come with the cards in both situations.

It'd probably be better to avoid confusion and use his own account. You'll probably get a faster response. Btw, it's all luck and RNG, but you can pickup those mods ingame again. From my experience, warframe abilities drop a lot in infested defense (like Xini) and the Void. It shouldn't be too hard to get them again.

You have multiple pages of mods?

and there is a Mods button in arsenal that says "MODS"  where they won't be

and there is a little spanner icon on your warframe, where they will be?

it "should" be impossible to Fuse or Sell your warframe abilities.

You can get speed and shock from Defense, but Shield and Overload are pretty rare.

I am not sure what the EULA is about using other accounts, A GM may be Unable to act on some other account without them, or there personal info and password