Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else disapointed in the Quills/the grind to level your kid?

morningstar999

Just now, Omnimorph said:

Not really that bad.  I've only done one Teralyst so far, but when I go out at night I do a LOT of Vomvalysts, whenever there's an opportunity.  If you do that at night, the ordinary shard things or whatever they are start to pile up and get your rep climbing.

yeah but those are only worth 25 standing. and you need to get 240k to get to the final rank with the quills

Just now, HerpDerpy said:

yeah but those are only worth 25 standing. and you need to get 240k to get to the final rank with the quills

I anticipate by that time I'll be doing a lot more Teralysts.  At the moment, I'm just playing mostly solo and my rep is climbing satisfactorily enough for the lower rep levels.

16 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

so you basically got 2k standing in 2.5 hours. If you're lucky you can get 4k in 2.5 hours.

doing the math that means you have to farm for 300 hours just to get the max standing for the quills. and that's only if you can get 4k in standing a night! getting that much means you need to kill an Eidolon twice every single night! so being reasonable it would more likely take you 4-500 hours of pure, 100% grind.

Thats not okay. That's basically the same amount of pure grind you can expect to spend to get to MR20. and getting to MR20 basically means you have done almost everything in warframe.

So when you say cores are fine, what you're saying is that its fine for DE to add literally the same level of grind as the entire base game for only a few items.

I guess you missed my previous post when I said you can do 5-6 during 1 night if you are good.

On 15/10/2017 at 4:00 PM, JSharpie said:

Welcome to life. Welcome to video games.

This is one of the most "Deal with it" dismissals I've ever seen. That is not how you answer criticism Sharpie. A lot of people, including myself do not want to grind 100 Eidolons just so our crappy kid can kill level 30 enemies. It's a massive mistake. You might have the time to spend every hour of every day grinding the Plains, but most of us actually don't. The grind is okay if it's not so high or if the high grind is compensated with awesome rewards. This stupid placeholder is not rewarding. The Hema was not worth 150,000 Mutagen Samples and the Operator is definitely not worth investing all that time and effort into.

On 15/10/2017 at 4:00 PM, JSharpie said:

Reward vs Effort guys

The reward is not worth the effort. You can't deny that. 100 Eidolons to allow your kid, a thing that has about as much survivability as a jock in a teen-slasher flick, to kill level 30 enemies. LEVEL 30 ENEMIES!! is the reward for endless repetitive battles.

Also comparing Shadow of War to Warframe is stupid as they are completely different in scope, design and gameplay. 

1 hour ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

they did have a hotfix to kind of mitigate this.... buuuut it still kinda sucks. mostly becasue the stuf you get form it isnt all that good.

I hope they do more than just increase the standing amount of the things have a tiiinnyyy amount, they need to lower the costs of standing needed to level up as well really.

1 hour ago, morningstar999 said:

I hope they do more than just increase the standing amount of the things have a tiiinnyyy amount, they need to lower the costs of standing needed to level up as well really.

far as I know thay made the small cores worth 100, and the medium ones worth 500. but they also made the big thing no longer effected by auras so you cant use shild dirupter or virle to make the fight go faster.

8 minutes ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

far as I know thay made the small cores worth 100, and the medium ones worth 500. but they also made the big thing no longer effected by auras so you cant use shild dirupter or virle to make the fight go faster.

thats still not much in the grand schemes on how much standing they want for everything.