The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frames That Were Boring To You

Solaurus

• Trinity - I was actually pretty sure when I was waiting this Frame in the Foundry that I would enjoy player it, but when I started farming Affinity I realised that it was going to be a long and boring road to "the Rank 30 shelf"...

• Frost (Prime) - Has some pretty awesome abilities, but sadly it wasn't my "thing".. Might give it a try later on.

• Volt - Again, a Frame that has some pretty neat abilities (Speed and Overload) but when I was playing this Frame, Overload was (IMO) only useful against Corpus and Speed was "only" useful to Rush.. I know that this Frame has received some good ability alterations, so I'd might change my mind later on.
Edited by Wertron

• Trinity - I was actually pretty sure when I was waiting this Frame in the Foundry that I would enjoy player it, but when I started farming Affinity I realised that it was going to be a long and boring road to "the Rank 30 shelf"...

• Frost (Prime) - Has some pretty awesome abilities, but sadly it wasn't my "thing".. Might give it a try later on.

• Volt - Again, a Frame that has some pretty neat abilities (Speed and Overload) but when I was playing this Frame, Overload was (IMO) only useful against Corpus and Speed was "only" useful to Rush.. I know that this Frame has received some good ability alterations, so I'd might change my mind later on.

I never tried Trinity yet, Frost is too slow for me, and Volt would be more fun if DE didn't neglect him and the buffs he desperately needs.

Ash is the only frame that wasn't fun for me, and I think needs a serious overhaul.  Shuriken does less dmg than a modded lex, smokescreen has a cute little stun but is otherwise inferior to loki invis, teleport is basically useless, and bladestorm needs to either occur faster or do more dmg or both (not to mention the bugs with it).

I also found frost boring, but I can see why people like him. 

It's funny to see so many people dislike trinity as she's the only frame I've potatoed purely because I found her to be fun.  I agree though that blessing needs to heal quicker.  As of now, I primarily use is to keep trinity invincible while recasting link.  The invincibility should take a couple seconds, but the heal should be instant.

Edited by Crucias

Loved banshee and then she was "fixed". Now all she has is sonar because the remainder of the abilities don't do enough damage/are useless. 

Yeah, same boat here. I had 4 Forma on my Banshee and don't need anymore. If I play her outside of a Defense mission though it's uncommon.

Nyx. Press 3. Press 3. Press 3. Occasionally press 1. Yawn.

On the flip side, mass-disarming (or exploding, <3 Elites) people with Loki and causing them to run to my decoys is endlessly entertaining.

I'm a Loki diehard, but I'm not going to say that you aren't using him right: you're choosing not to unlock his full potential of enemy manipulation.

Rhino. I love the tanks, don't get me wrong. Something about using IS as soon as the missions starts, then demolishing EVERYTHING until the end in a dam near "god mode" state is boring. Not saying demolishing everything isn't fun, but I wish it took skill to do. When I play Rhino, I feel like I'm playing with cheats. I know I'm not gonna die, so I just run through the mission, firing whatever weapon I decided to use. If I'm to lazy to hold LMB, there's always my Stomp to desstroy everything else. Wish it had more skill, that's all. I think that's why I love my Trinity so much. I can EV+Link, but I have to do it in that order, aim, and make sure I'm hitting what's marked.

Frost has to be the most boring in my opinion, Nova comes in a close second though.

The reason for Frost being, he's a one trick pony. His 1 is always useless, and his 2/4 range from either too good on low levels to too useless on higher.

Nova is just press 4 and win, zzzzz

Trinity.. basically you build her for power duration and energy efficiency, then everything else goes in this order: Range, Rush, Redirection, Stamina. When you get in-game just keep Link on and shoot stuff and profit. Extremely boring and not flashy at all.

Don't get me wrong though. Trinity is a grade A solo frame, but too safe and really boring.

Edited by Stygi

Nyx - very strong; but gets boring quickly

Nova - effective; contributes to team; dies quickly

Banshee - strong abilities; i didn't feel like im doing anything though

Rhino - that guy is fun !

Mag - havent touched her yet, i dont feel like playing her though

Volt - he doesnt seem to have anything that impacts the fight

Ember - pbaoe fun; gets worse the stronger the enemies are

Frost - so so offensive skills; one good utility skill - boring but needed

Ash - skills are fun but they dont help the team nor give you the feeling of KABLAAM

Loki - amazing frame; but only good for solo atm

Saryn - great skills; quite a universal frame

Excalibur - unversal set of skills; but far from being a saryn

Trinity - good concept; but doesnt execute that well. Could use a rework on 1 - 2 skills.

All of these are super fun. None are really boring. Depends wether you want to blow things up or conquer and divide !

Edited by HollowExistence

No frame is as boring as Trinity. I was actually excited when I got the full set of bps, as I thought she would be fun. But the complete lack of damaging or CC abilities just killed my interest. As it is she's just sitting there at lvl19 (couldn't even bring myself to rank her up for mastery)

I thought Loki was uninteresting like many people say.

Nyx is also a frame I do not enjoy, and is is boring me to hell. She's a one trick pony. Only good for her Chaos ability.

While I enjoy Trinity, I like doing damage, but you can't deny that she is important to a team. I find it boring not being able to kill as much, but her usefulness, and how awesome she looks makes up for it. She's more of a team player. Keep everybody alive, keep their energy up, keep up more AoE. I enjoy the support role, but sometimes I want to do some damage, too.