Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some basic concepts DE needs to understand

SordidDreams

3 hours ago, Acos said:

Ignoring your obvious opinion tirade there, they are not mildly useful for ONE task, they are quite useful in several tasks but the problem you are having right now is that they require a very large investment to get them going. I could list like, everything they do, but as I mentioned all of this information is readily available in the game and you are very obviously dead set on not liking them and unwilling to read anything I would type anyway so I'm not really going to bother with it. Don't get me wrong, you're fun, I'm just feeling lazy today. 

Your other big issue just seems to be a semantic one "Why can't Warframes just do everything operators can do?" Button bloat is the only mechanical reason I can come up with on the spot: Having the Operator as another mode essentially means that all the buttons we have can be used again, where as having the Warframe do everything itself means that we quickly run out of button economy trying to fit in all these new things. 

The counter statement to your "argument" would simply be something along the lines of "Well, why can't the operator just do everything the Warframe can do?" Hell, why can't I just play as a Kubrow who manifests swords and shoots a gun with its mouth? There's no clear definitive counter argument beyond "because we don't." I can't help you with just simply not liking the Operator because you like Warframes better, but you need to realize that's an entirely subjective opinion, not a weighty argument for us to toil over. 

So, we've established that Operators are useful, people do like them and want them to have a more prominent role in the game, and "I don't like Operators aesthetically" is not an argument. Any other points you need addressed? 

You're factually wrong, but nice try.

Operators are not useful, the vast majority of players beyond this positive feedback only echo chamber utterly despise them, they add nothing of value to the game, literally arent worth the time it takes to level up and improve...

I mean, seriously...what do they do? Kill Eidolons? So you can level them up. To do what? Oh yeah...kill Eidolons...

Do you see why, for someone with ZERO interest in Sorties, Rivens and the awful Kuva systems, Operators completely lack usefulness?

4 hours ago, Anonymous10081 said:

<snip> They're not warframes

...And that's the problem.

Warframes are faster, more durable, more agile, more powerful, deal more damage, feature better crowd control, movement, variety, customization, game play and uniqueness. If it werent for Kuva and Eidolons, literally no one would even USE Operators, since there is - and I mean this literally - absolutely NOTHING they can do, that a Warframe cannot do exponentially better.

1 hour ago, Pr0panfloete said:

I would bet my balls on it that this is merely the beginning of a dark dreadful road where in the future the ability to aquire entire Warframes / mods / augments / weapons etc. is only possible by actively using the operator mode, therefore FORCING EVERYONE that wants to have access to that content to use it.

That is an extremely worrying prospect, and yes, it does seem very likely. And with that, Warframe will have truly jumped the shark.

Edited by SordidDreams

Hi everyone,

I have locked this topic because it has devolved into a meta-argument. Discussions about differing points of view are welcome on the forums as long as they are respectful. Please remember to be respectful of one another so we can continue to have interesting and productive discussions.

Thanks, Tenno!

[DE]Helen