Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A way to save loot and continue playing?

KyleDelta

Probably one of the biggest and most unavoidable problems I have with the plains of Eidolon is crashing and losing hours worth of loot and resources from either fishing, Mining, or just items I've picked up along the way.

Could we get a way of saving/transporting our loot out of the plains when we don't want to extract? Why not have an extractor appear and transport your resources back to cetus or your liset?

I'm not sure how hard this would be on a programming level but any way to save our progress without having to extract would be most appreciated.

IDK -- for eternity on computers the basic knowledge is to SAVE / SAVE / SAVE !!  Thje OP is talking about something that would be added to the core of the game -- so the logic then applies to never-ending missions like Survival / Excavation / Defense / Etc ....  I'm not a high level / long term player by any means so I don't know how long someone can actually stay within one of the traditional missions for -- but if the OPs argument holds true then they would be having the same issue in any of those types of missions with their failed connectivity or other "acts of god" scenarios.

DE would also have to build in mechanics to distinguish between "act of god" scenarios" and actual mission failure.  So where are your seuggestions on how they sort that out ?

Take a break after a Day Cycle or Day / Night Cycle and go back to Cetus to save your loot !!  Whatever an agreed upon duration would be for a group or due diligence for solo play. DE doesn't need to hold your hand because you cannot be bothered to make your stockpile permanent. While forcing every player on the game to have extra load time and lag added for a "safety net" for the select few stubborn players out there.

One option as a compromise might be to install Save points in a few limited palcements throughout the PoE so anyeone -- in a group or not -- can walk upto some kiosk -- maybe have to utilize one of the "console hacks" then it caches yore loot to yore account without disrupting the flow of -- every -- single -- player -- in -- game.  But keep it very limited to the number around the PoE map so that it still not only takes effort for a player to get to one to go save their loot -- but also -- its on that player to remember to do so if they don't wnat their loot lost.  OR as I said above -- take 2 minutes and return to Cetus.  Its not that hard to do once in a while.

13 minutes ago, uberfu said:

IDK -- for eternity on computers the basic knowledge is to SAVE / SAVE / SAVE !!  Thje OP is talking about something that would be added to the core of the game -- so the logic then applies to never-ending missions like Survival / Excavation / Defense / Etc ....  I'm not a high level / long term player by any means so I don't know how long someone can actually stay within one of the traditional missions for -- but if the OPs argument holds true then they would be having the same issue in any of those types of missions with their failed connectivity or other "acts of god" scenarios.

DE would also have to build in mechanics to distinguish between "act of god" scenarios" and actual mission failure.  So where are your seuggestions on how they sort that out ?

Take a break after a Day Cycle or Day / Night Cycle and go back to Cetus to save your loot !!  Whatever an agreed upon duration would be for a group or due diligence for solo play. DE doesn't need to hold your hand because you cannot be bothered to make your stockpile permanent. While forcing every player on the game to have extra load time and lag added for a "safety net" for the select few stubborn players out there.

One option as a compromise might be to install Save points in a few limited palcements throughout the PoE so anyeone -- in a group or not -- can walk upto some kiosk -- maybe have to utilize one of the "console hacks" then it caches yore loot to yore account without disrupting the flow of -- every -- single -- player -- in -- game.  But keep it very limited to the number around the PoE map so that it still not only takes effort for a player to get to one to go save their loot -- but also -- its on that player to remember to do so if they don't wnat their loot lost.  OR as I said above -- take 2 minutes and return to Cetus.  Its not that hard to do once in a while.

Saves currently in Plains

1. A fish is acquired. Fish inventory is updated and saved.

2. Gem or ore is acquired. Gem and ore inventory is updated and saved.

3. An incursion mission is completed. All progress is saved and maintained regardless of future disconnection.

4. A bounty is completed. All progress is saved and maintained regardless of  future disconnection.

38 minutes ago, Revenant0713 said:

Saves currently in Plains

1. A fish is acquired. Fish inventory is updated and saved.

2. Gem or ore is acquired. Gem and ore inventory is updated and saved.

3. An incursion mission is completed. All progress is saved and maintained regardless of future disconnection.

4. A bounty is completed. All progress is saved and maintained regardless of  future disconnection.

I have recently noticed that gems and fish save, There have been a couple times where it failed to save my fish but kept my gems, Point being I would very much like if they added a system that saves All of your loot which includes Resources, mods, and credits ( Excluding mission specific rewards ) which are not saved during these progression saves as far as I know.

58 minutes ago, uberfu said:

This is true, and I really don't mind going back to Cetus to drop off my stuff, but when I'm half way across the plains I don't want to be constantly afraid of losing the resources I've picked up and having to decide between a fun hour of exploring, or a tedious trip to the gate and back when I really have no idea when something will interrupt my gameplay, Warframe isn't skyrim so A save file system wouldn't work.

What i'm suggesting is a system that can let players save the Non-Essential resources like mods, crafting materials, and credits as well as the fish and minerals. Leaving the mission rewards From bounties and missions to be received after a mission completion only.

Edited by KyleDelta