Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Channeling & Secondary Fire buttons cant be the same

CaptainJLP

Setting Melee Channeling Button doesn't seem to work, when setting Secondary Fire to the same button.

This should be changed, since melee does NOT have Secondary Fire.

I currently use Middle click to use secondary fire and melee channeling.

Edited by CaptainJLP

Isn't it actually the "block" button at the same time ? You need it actively in the game if you use melee... (combos, blocking, counter attacks), and the secondary fire might serve some purpose someday in the future -imagine, switching stance or style for melee weapons, which would explain why you can't)

Just my 2 cents, but you should try the alternate binding I use :

LMB is shooting but also real melee attack, RMB is aim (primary/secondary) / Block (melee) / Glide (in air)

Since the channeling cannot be used unless you draw your melee weapon out, the same key can be used for channeling and quick melee (let's say, some thumb mouse button)

That way, if you're shooting and an angry enemy jump at your throat, right when you're out of ammo and need to reload, or need a sec to switch weapons, your answer is "quick melee", Also Known As "thumb mouse button" AKA "PANIC BUTTON", so it end up in 2 peaceful halves instead of one bitey whole.

And if you're already in true melee, and happen to encounter a tough enemy, or you just ate a bombard+napalm shot and desperately need HPs, you keep mashing your "DO SOME DMG WILL YOU!?"-button (LMB) but also press the ""PANIC BUTTON" AKA "thumb mouse button" AKA "Channeling" (with life strike and extra dmg)

On 10/19/2017 at 8:32 PM, Fanzschnabs said:

Isn't it actually the "block" button at the same time ? You need it actively in the game if you use melee... (combos, blocking, counter attacks), and the secondary fire might serve some purpose someday in the future -imagine, switching stance or style for melee weapons, which would explain why you can't)

Well explained but why would it let you have 2 controls bound to 1 button then?

Obviously it is the case for archwing / warframe but why is it not the case for channeling / secondary fire?

Seems weird right?

And yes i agree channeling shouldn't be used with "Quick Melee."

I'm aware it can be any button like say if i used "Num 1" as my secondary fire and melee channeling button, melee channeling will not be toggled on when i click "Num 1".

By "Num 1", I mean the numbers on the number pad, which should be on your keyboard.

So far this hasn't helped the problem though.... so eh?

Edited by CaptainJLP