Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing missions are clumsy and frustrating

Jeff_en-su-boca

35 minutes ago, Jeff_en-su-boca said:

One flies about without much guidance, while things bombard them, with horrid controls, and them you lose or win without ever knowing why or how. These archwing missions need complete overhauls. It's the sloppiest game design I have ever seen. 

ESC -> Options -> Controls tab -> scroll down to archwing section and turn off "Archwing Experimental" thing and it should be on the 1st list in archwing section.

Edited by ZackNeutron

Archwing takes practice.... it wasn't till the Razorback event that I got in much practice and now it works fine for the most part.

There are a few changes I'd like to see though....

List:

Momentum redirection shield..... say you bump into something.... if you go fast enough you take impact damage, but regardless of speed you seem to lose most of you momentum... this change would make it so that so long as you have shield you'll skip off whatever surface you run into.... like skipping a stone across water..... depending on the angle you'll lose more or less shield and momentum but grazing a surface won't slow you down like it does now.

Better navigation UI.... outside the directions are clear... but on the broken Corpus ships it's a maze.... have the objective "waypoint" guide you to each door and segment you have to go through rather than some of them....

TITANTIA ONLY: Doors..... For "Titantia Razorwing form"make it so that doors open for her at greater distances than when she is in regular form.... what is the point of flying around like a little hornet if you are always crashing into doors that don't open for you when you reach them?

Edited by Fractalisomega

Sidenote: On the next Archwing release, they need to make that an ability. Momentum Redirection Shield.

It turns you into a hamster ball, and things in contact with you rubber band away (including bullets for practical side) on contact OR if you contact a wall, you rubber band yourself (for goofy fun - without hurting yourself).  Archwing Pinball.  And make it so it can be affected by Odanata repel...Weeeeeeeee

1 hour ago, Helaton said:

Sidenote: On the next Archwing release, they need to make that an ability. Momentum Redirection Shield.

It turns you into a hamster ball, and things in contact with you rubber band away (including bullets for practical side) on contact OR if you contact a wall, you rubber band yourself (for goofy fun - without hurting yourself).  Archwing Pinball.  And make it so it can be affected by Odanata repel...Weeeeeeeee

Iunno about being super bouncy but keeping your momentum would be great..... bouncing around a narrow hallway would get old very fast

4 hours ago, ZackNeutron said:

ESC -> Options -> Controls tab -> scroll down to archwing section and turn off "Archwing Experimental" thing and it should be on the 1st list in archwing section.

It was off. Even if I turn it on archwing movements still suxx in PoE. Mainly because when you hold A or D while going forward you don't go the left or right you spin... which is very annoying.

Edited by Doxorn

2 hours ago, Doxorn said:

It was off. Even if I turn it on archwing movements still suxx in PoE. Mainly because when you hold A or D while going forward you don't go the left or right you spin... which is very annoying.

Yeah, I'm off too. But sadly the dev using experimental archwing movement for PoE  :sad: