Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A question about Prime vs. normal

KelsierSurvivor

I hope this is the right place. I don't feel like this would go to Player Helping Players, but I've been wrong before.

So on this thread, 

There was a post that stuck out to me.

I did that as well up until recently. Now I've started to craft/farm a few of the vanilla frames due to Conclave (lmao) and the extra mobillity of non-primes.
Most people prob delete the frames, collectors will collect.

That was from xLUONG. In this post, it says that normal Warframes have better mobility. Is this true? I thought that based on the overall design on some Prime variants vs. the normal just makes it look it would be harder to get around. Most of them are alot bigger in some ways than the original, so that means more surface area for wind resistance. Not to mention getting into smaller areas when bullet jumping. So is this true? I'm just a curious Tenno. :D

25 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

I hope this is the right place. I don't feel like this would go to Player Helping Players, but I've been wrong before.

So on this thread, 

There was a post that stuck out to me.

I did that as well up until recently. Now I've started to craft/farm a few of the vanilla frames due to Conclave (lmao) and the extra mobillity of non-primes.
Most people prob delete the frames, collectors will collect.

That was from xLUONG. In this post, it says that normal Warframes have better mobility. Is this true? I thought that based on the overall design on some Prime variants vs. the normal just makes it look it would be harder to get around. Most of them are alot bigger in some ways than the original, so that means more surface area for wind resistance. Not to mention getting into smaller areas when bullet jumping. So is this true? I'm just a curious Tenno. :D

As far as I know in case of frames - Primes are simply superior to normal warframes, in case of stats and in case of number of polarities. There is no point in keeping a normal warframe after acquiring a Primed version other than sentimental values.

As for weapons, it really depends though...

No, not true.
Primes are better in some stats compared to the regular ones. There is no differense in mobility, only in sprint speed and the advantage goes to the primes.

In other words, if it's a prime - it's better than it's regular version.
It only apply to warframes tho, weapons works differently.

Edited by FrostedMike

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

It might apply in conclave due to the states balancing, but I'm not sure. For normal gameplay, absolutely not. 

If the balancing have anything to give for the regualr warframes, I think, is that the primes and the regulars will have the same stats.
I see no resone to give anything in favor of the regular over the primes in any condition.

Once again, only apply to warframes, not weapons.

25 minutes ago, FrostedMike said:

No, not true.
Primes are better in some stats compared to the regular ones. There is no differense in mobility, only in sprint speed and the advantage goes to the primes.

In other words, if it's a prime - it's better than it's regular version.
It only apply to warframes tho, weapons works differently.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the info! 

Maybe when the orokin first made the primed frames they were to represent their rank like a general or something like that and regular frames would be like a private to them. Idk what a umbra frame would be. That's what I think it just showed their rank in the old war that's why they are better than regular frames.

Edited by (XB1)Profiregaming