Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to Fly on the Plains of Eidolon

GeekHotfix

Question

23 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, Ferah_Frithu said:

For some reason this video feels like "look guys, I already have my arch wing segment lululululu" - But that may just be me. :clem:

it that was the case then why would i tell you how to get it?? it is a quick guide so YOU CAN ALSO HAVE IT!!!

Pro tip for having an enjoyable and productive Archwing experience in PoE.

1. Obtain and level up Titania.

2. Equip Titania when playing on PoE.

3. Press 4 to enter an Archwing mode where you can't get knocked out of the sky by a Grineer Lancer merely throwing a rock at you and that only requires energy to use.

4. ???????

5. Profit.

Edited by MirageKnight

Please don't get me wrong folks. I really like the idea of being able to use my fave Archwings on PoE and it really does make travelling easier and gives players more tactical flexibility. I want to get more use out of my Elytron and Odonata.

The sad thing is that the issues I have with Archwing's implementation (consumable gear that's gated behind fishing and mining that can also be stolen by another player, can be easily shot out of the air) make Archwing too frustrating and wasteful in terms of effort and resources to really enjoy it.

Edited by MirageKnight
Spelling

31 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Please don't get me wrong folks. I really like the idea of being able to use my fave Archwings on PoE and it really does make travelling easier and gives players more tactical flexibility. I want to get more use out of my Elytron and Odonata.

The sad thing is that the issues I have with Archwing's implementation (consumable gear that's gated behind fishing and mining that can also be stolen by another player, can be easily shot out of the air) make Archwing too frustrating and wasteful in terms of effort and resources to really enjoy it.

Agreed. I understand having to craft each ship's special ability (Air support, health pods, etc), because those are consumable, and that's the system code they copied for the Archiwing launcher. That's why the launcher is consumable. But it should be a permanent thing. After all, you just call Ordis and have him send it down, right? That's basically it. If they meant it to be consumable, then arguably we'd have to rebuild our archwing after every use, especially after getting shot down. That'd be ridiculous, and no on in their right mind would suggest that should be done.

They left it consumable to extend the grind. I get that. But they've already been making changes. Blueprints for bait were consumable, now they're permanent. Keep making noise and maybe they'll hotfix Archwing too.

Edited by Sentinel-14

4 hours ago, Tenno1978 said:

LOL. Yes, you need to get used to them... not like flying in outer space

That's... sort of the problem. The Archwing currently acts like you're in space. Your momentum is a continual thing. You literally cannot stop and hover because it acts like you're in a zero-G environment (or at least, low gravity) unless you slam facefirst into a wall or other object.

Not to mention the fact that in about two seconds of standing still, a 1800/1800 health/shields Elytron can get shredded.

Glad I did not unlock this then nor the tenno lab^^  What a waist this should be permanent and also no resources needed to use it, just push a button and fly as trecking back to the entrance after a run is finished is such a pain that I end up going afk where no other enemies are and coming back hours later and just continuing plains of adelon and other times I just click abort mission :(.  Either that or they need a way for us to return to the entrance like a button in options to return to the entrance gate because this so far is really a bad move for them and hope they fix this as it would be very dumb not to and everyone agrees with this needing to fixed so yeah...

Edited by RagingTyphoon

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:16 PM, Tenno1978 said:

and that is why Digital Extremes is THA BEST. They hear us, they listen to us 

...but nowadays they typically only respond when it's convenient for them or they have no choice but to respond due to public outcry.

3 hours ago, RagingTyphoon said:

Glad I did not unlock this then nor the tenno lab^^ 

The sad thing is that some people spent 175 plat for that segment, thinking it would automatically grant immediate access to Skywing.

Wait really?  Man I am glad I didn't.  But yeah they need to make archwings not needing to be crafted as we can use them right away without having to craft them on certain missions on certain worlds on the map, so why do this why, bad move on their part they must have not took much thinking it into this but in any case who wants to grind to continue flying?  That would be like buying a airplane game but having a limited amount of game plays limited by whatever country you live in, this is game discrimination I tell yeah!! lol but really come on, in any case hope they fix this problem a long with many others in the next 3 months or so.

18 hours ago, RagingTyphoon said:

Wait really?  Man I am glad I didn't.  But yeah they need to make archwings not needing to be crafted as we can use them right away without having to craft them on certain missions on certain worlds on the map, so why do this why, bad move on their part they must have not took much thinking it into this but in any case who wants to grind to continue flying?  That would be like buying a airplane game but having a limited amount of game plays limited by whatever country you live in, this is game discrimination I tell yeah!! lol but really come on, in any case hope they fix this problem a long with many others in the next 3 months or so.

I think they tied the archwing to fishing etc so they would go fishing etc. Probably once a LOT of people have built the archwing launcher and it is used on a regular basis they will update it.