The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's take a moment to appreciate the design of the Teralyst

Beartornado

I have to admit I'm a bit meh about the visual design, but I must say I'm impressed by the sheer size of the beast and the sounds it makes. The idea of hunting down and taking out a lumbering behemoth way more powerful than you is a good one and makes for a nice challenge...to a point.

That said, it's really a shame that the big bad absolutely requires the use of an Operator to bring it down. I'd have much preferred that the Teralyst had the same mechanics as other Sentients: Damageable by conventional means, but having the innate ability to adapt and become more resistant to incoming fire. Like with regular Sentients, an Operator could use their Void Beam to reset that adaptation. See? Operators aren't mandatory in this situation but they definitely make the fight easier. The Teralyst is also consistent with how other Sentients work.

DE, you know most of us players dislike the use of invulnerability phases in boss fights. You also know that at least some of us have a dislike for Operators and would rather not have to use them until they're far better fleshed out. So why do you insist on forcing these things on us?