The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Decline In Fun Since Introduction Of Nova

Seracen

She's the definition of glass cannon, but that cannon is dam good. It really is getting pretty dull, though. I made my Nova, leveled it to 14, and just stopped. The first ability was boring, Antimatter Drop was kinda fun, Wormhole is weird, and the ult... yeah.... just spam it, win. The ultimate abilities completely eradicating entire rooms that a LOT of the frames have is getting dull fast. There's literally 0 thought in her ult. Same as other's, but just press 4, kill something, then sparkling lights are everywhere. *sigh*.

She's the definition of glass cannon, but that cannon is dam good. It really is getting pretty dull, though. I made my Nova, leveled it to 14, and just stopped. The first ability was boring, Antimatter Drop was kinda fun, Wormhole is weird, and the ult... yeah.... just spam it, win. The ultimate abilities completely eradicating entire rooms that a LOT of the frames have is getting dull fast. There's literally 0 thought in her ult. Same as other's, but just press 4, kill something, then sparkling lights are everywhere. *sigh*.

This just means she doesn't fit your playstyle, which is fine. Not everyone likes that sort of thing. I absolutely hated playing as exalibur, personally.

She is everywhere but that is because she is the new frame, happens whenever a new frame drops, give it time and people will go back to other frames, as for her ulti, double damage, slow and a chain reactions effect do seem like a bit much, if anything maybe they should put a timer on it like, Nyx's Chaos, where she cant use it again till all the mobs are dead or the first effect wears off.

I'm seeing a lot of "she's fragile, that makes up for it" popping into this thread. The issue here is that if you're in multiplayer, even against level 40-55 enemies, having a Nova on your team makes you redundant. Unless you are also a Nova, obviously. When I play alongside Novas all I get to do is siphon 'frame experience off them while they clear the room every few seconds. Maybe I'll get to kill 1 in 10 of the targets on the map if they're sloppy and I pick up on it, but really all I'm doing is trying to steal their kills.

Nova is so good at clearing rooms that all the other teammates are for is to cause a distraction so that Nova doesn't die. That's usually not fun for anyone except for the Nova.

I'm seeing a lot of "she's fragile, that makes up for it" popping into this thread. The issue here is that if you're in multiplayer, even against level 40-55 enemies, having a Nova on your team makes you redundant. Unless you are also a Nova, obviously. When I play alongside Novas all I get to do is siphon 'frame experience off them while they clear the room every few seconds. Maybe I'll get to kill 1 in 10 of the targets on the map if they're sloppy and I pick up on it, but really all I'm doing is trying to steal their kills.

Nova is so good at clearing rooms that all the other teammates are for is to cause a distraction so that Nova doesn't die. That's usually not fun for anyone except for the Nova.

Start your games in Varro, Casta, Xini, Palus, Narcissus and Outer Terminal. No such issues.

Your M-Prime becomes a little more than a double damage debuff with a tiny supplemental damage.

Edited by fatpig84

This just means she doesn't fit your playstyle, which is fine. Not everyone likes that sort of thing. I absolutely hated playing as exalibur, personally.

I don't like the glass cannon kinda frames, which is cool. I don't mind playing them, like I'm absolutely in LOVE with Banshee's playstyle. Excalibur got boring fast. It's just sad when I get into missions, and there's 2-3 Nova, like seriously? I know I'm gonna see it everywhere, but Novas make the other DPs frames boring. I stopped playing my Saryn because there was no point. Venom doesn't do much when everything explodes instantly.

Why do people hate Novas?

I usually hope for a Nova in my game so that:

1.) I can level up my frames and weapons in peace without fear of kappa/kiste cyropod dying due to general incompetence.

2.) The defense mission actually goes somewhere besides wave 5/10 because you know, fighting just chargers and runners and a few ancients just isn't that fun.

Any other mission besides those? Nova can't do jack with all the mobs scattered all over the place.

Edited by Karides

Oh you have to be kidding... this again?

I play with both Nyx and Saryn since they are my favorite frames and I have no trouble keeping up with novas. Saryn is super slow, but I dont need to hide, I can serve as a big decoy while others are doing the damage. Its not about always being on top of the dps chart its about winning with your team. And why dont you even TRY a Nova to see how fast youll get killed before saying shes op.

People said the same with Nyx, Vauban, Mag, Rihno...name it.

I say keep nova as a glass canon, if she cant survive for long, at least let her do dps.

I really hope DE will ignore these comments, they are clearly from jalous people who never played with the frame in the first place.

Ill stick with my Saryn frame and I like teaming with all the frames, we have differents purposes.

Edited by dave021

So many players having absolutely no idea just how useless ults are against anything over level 75.

Hop yourselves into a tower III defense and let me know how OP you think whatever warframe you're currently complaining about's Ult is after you get to the last 10 waves and the heavy units are literally one shotting you and have tens of thousands of HP...

Better yet, hop in there as a maxed out Nova and see how long you last solo.

Individual warframes ain't got S#&$ on the endgame in this game.

This game is sooooo right. +1

Again, ultimates are NOT the way to do it after level 75 and shes the newer frame, which is why you see her often.

Yeah you want to know what kills the 'fun' factor...

People defining 'fun' by whether or not their ability 4 can kill everything instantly.

Serosuly?

Wtf?

When Nova's initial hype wears off, none of you will remember her. It's been the exact same for every new frame. Same S#&$ every time.

People defining 'fun' by whether or not their ability 4 can kill everything instantly.

Serosuly?

Wtf?

When Nova's initial hype wears off, none of you will remember her. It's been the exact same for every new frame. Same S#&$ every time.

True except for 1 thing, Vauban is still great fun and the ultimate troll frame :P

Yes nova is OP, if you mod her around her ult, your allies are merely your detonators and energy siphon donors, nothing else... :)

Seriously, If I could have the energy regen that people give to you from their energy siphons in solo, you could go VERY far up endless defence just using nova...

Well I can solo t3 exterminate with nova... wait a sec I can solo T3 exterminate with anybody.... nope not OP just good at killing MP is fine too because unlike so many of the other 4s you have to set it off, and that is harder to do when you have 5 heavy gunners after you, if you want a challenge play harder levels until you start wishing a nova will join you to save your butt

Serosuly?

Wtf?

First off, please learn to spell. Second, he never mentioned anything about him even using his ult. When he says fun, he means the enjoy-ability of the game, making you feel like a bad*** space ninja while you still get a decent challenge. And your final point has nothing to do with your previous ones.

Well I can solo t3 exterminate with nova... wait a sec I can solo T3 exterminate with anybody.... nope not OP just good at killing MP is fine too because unlike so many of the other 4s you have to set it off, and that is harder to do when you have 5 heavy gunners after you, if you want a challenge play harder levels until you start wishing a nova will join you to save your butt

I understand your point that it requires a detonation, but in SO many levels of defense I play, Nova is just spamming her ult and killing off everything. I'm lucky if I even get 1/10 of the kills she gets. Your "challenge" point has NOTHING to do with the point the poster made. He was saying it decreases the amount of FUN he has in Warframe, not the challenge.

I understand your point that it requires a detonation, but in SO many levels of defense I play, Nova is just spamming her ult and killing off everything. I'm lucky if I even get 1/10 of the kills she gets. Your "challenge" point has NOTHING to do with the point the poster made. He was saying it decreases the amount of FUN he has in Warframe, not the challenge.

well... i dont have nova yet, but i dont mind with nova spamming her ult. it help a lot for me. and it's not like we are trying to kick each other in this coop game anyway. so i still have my fun.

but people have different definition of fun. so dont mind my argument.

well... i dont have nova yet, but i dont mind with nova spamming her ult. it help a lot for me. and it's not like we are trying to kick each other in this coop game anyway. so i still have my fun.

but people have different definition of fun. so dont mind my argument.

Well they shouldnt play a coop game if they are not a team player. People are always preventing others of participating by trying to steal kills from everyone.

Playing Warframe with friends is so much better because of this than playing online.

so what you're telling me is Warframe is not enjoyable if you don't get to hog all the kills?

Please don't speak for all of us when you say "fun factor". Different people will find different things fun, and frankly I'm quite offended that someone would assume the only way for me to have fun in Warframe is to boost my ego.

I'm sorry you don't feel like the 1 man carry machine anymore because someone else stole your shiny, but that's really not the community's problem, its yours.

so what you're telling me is Warframe is not enjoyable if you don't get to hog all the kills?

Please don't speak for all of us when you say "fun factor". Different people will find different things fun, and frankly I'm quite offended that someone would assume the only way for me to have fun in Warframe is to boost my ego.

I'm sorry you don't feel like the 1 man carry machine anymore because someone else stole your shiny, but that's really not the community's problem, its yours.

amen