Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void dash macro

Fallen_Echo

Question

A simple question would it be a problem if i make a void dash macro?

Press 5-> ctrl+space->press 5 again.

Many focus nodes utilize it but having to repeat it every time the situation gets heated in an endless run breaks the flow badly.

I wouldnt ask this if there would be a hotkey to do a void dash while in my frame, but there isnt and it doesnt seems like we ever get one.

So any official statements on it? Can i use it without problems or should i just forgot using focus nodes at all?

8 answers to this question

If I recall correctly, since there is no way for them to really regulate macro commands to functions that still require input, they don't actually worry too much about things like this. They touched on it once a long time ago when people were using ways to fire dual-wielded secondaries to their maximum fire rate.

As long as it doesn't provide you a specific advantage of manual input, it's not really exploitative. You can check out some old threads for reference. 

Only way I see them making a ban on macros is full macros designed to function to remove all input such as tapping 4 every X amount of seconds to complete Defense missions while you walk away from your PC.

Edited by Flandyrll

2 minutes ago, Flandyrll said:

If I recall correctly, since there is no way for them to really regulate macro commands to functions that still require input, they don't actually worry too much about things like this. They touched on it once a long time ago when people were using binding ways to fire dual-wielded secondaries to their maximum fire rate.

As long as it doesn't provide you a specific advantage of manual input, it's not really exploitative. You can check out some old threads for reference. 

Its hard to find official statements on this case and while i do have some problems with my fingers it would be nice to hear that this wont ever get me banned.

I use some macros to press 2 buttons at the same time that I can hardly reach with my keyboard layout/fingers. As long as it does not completely automatize the game for you its fine. I bet there's also some people who actually lost one or more fingers playing with macros so I think by prohibiting smaller macros DE could actually cause real problems for some players.