Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When too much is too much

(PSN)NEWinsu2025

Just now, NightBlitz said:

doesnt that technically make it 5 factions plus the tenno? its just that the corrupted lack unique units (the closest they have is an orokin made shield osprey) and that the Sentients havent quite reached that far in their expansion, tho im pretty sure they want to reach that point some time.

And doers that in turn not make the Eidolons a sixth?

Just now, MealeaYing said:

I dont know! I'm still pretty new and thus confused most of the time. So does that make seven if they aren't?

iirc during the quest Saya's Vigil (the one for Gara, available fairly early) it mentions that they're sentients. cant really explain more without potential spoilers tho

I'd like to see them polish Cetus/the plains first before doing another big map

Minigames like fishing and mining should be optional, fighting and doing quests inside the map should still be the main focus. Right now the most efficient and reliable way to raise up your Ostron standing is to fish. Apparently the people of Cetus appreciate stacks of Murkrays/Norgs more than having Grineers terrorizing their homeland killed or captured.

And they should really think about where they should place the next map because as it stands PoE is terrible for new players. It's a completely disconnected part of the game with an entirely different set of resources that are not used for 90% of the game. Only older players could really take advantage of since they likely already have everything they needed from the starchart. Not to mention the enemies are way more difficult than the ones that you encounter on the starchart with massive range and multitudes of AoE damage on top of constant enemy spawns. 

Oh and before they made another piece of content that focuses on operator maybe take a look at the entire focus system. Again. Focus gain needs another look, the convergence orbs are a terrible system that detracts players from the objective and encourages selfish behaviours such as getting away from the team to get affinity. And basic stats like health, shields, armor, and energy shouldn't take 1 million focus per stat to acquire. Those requirements should only be applied on game-changing focus abilities and not basic friggin' stats.

36 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

And they should really think about where they should place the next map because as it stands PoE is terrible for new players.

No, its not terrible, its wonderful. Im new and most of what I have learned has been on the planes where I had the time and space to experiment. If it weren't for the planes I would not know how to use mods for example. PoE is fantastic for new people, linier frantic dungeons are what's terrible (and totally fun as well) for new people. I got to level three with no clue how to do anything, now, because of PoE I do have an idea, a long way to go still but way better understanding.

8 hours ago, MealeaYing said:

No, its not terrible, its wonderful. Im new and most of what I have learned has been on the planes where I had the time and space to experiment. If it weren't for the planes I would not know how to use mods for example. PoE is fantastic for new people, linier frantic dungeons are what's terrible (and totally fun as well) for new people. I got to level three with no clue how to do anything, now, because of PoE I do have an idea, a long way to go still but way better understanding.

It's great that you had fun and learned something from it but in my opinion it still doesn't fit the 'new player hotspot' they wanted it to be.

As a farming spot for affinity, mods, resources, and endo, it's inefficient. You only get small bits of starchart resources from bounty rewards, and maybe some ferrites and rubedos from enemy drops. The resources that you get from the plains are not used anywhere else, and in turn the things that require those new resources also requires starchart resources to make. Which, again, does not drop from the plains.

New players are also not given any hint on what to do upon entering Cetus. The enemies are considerably more difficult with varied damage types, and there's barely any hint on what you have to do to fish or mine. And then the night comes, the water suddenly starts sapping your energy, some big thing with a tree as a hand shows up and you're completely powerless against it because you haven't finished certain quests.

Bounty rewards have been improved since its release and is decent enough as an alternative for Void grinding if you're looking for mods, but there are still some problems with it. Namely with the lens reward, which is completely useless until you've reached Second Dream and TWW. It could also spoil the story for new players when they look up what a lens does through the wiki or other sources.

Overall I'd much rather put it after players have finished TWW because at that point most people are already well-geared enough and could access every single content within Cetus and the plains.

Also if you don't mind me asking, what part of Cetus taught you how to equip mods? I don't recall anything of the sorts when I entered Cetus on release.

I agree that not all planets should have a free roam area, but to add to the list of one for each faction, Earth, Venus and Eris, I do kind of want two more, one for Mercury, one for Mars.
Mercury would have a dark hostile open area where grineer try to keep their foothold as infested are spreading across the landscape.
Mars similarly would have eternal struggles dynamically happening as grineer and corpus would meet and occasionally try to capture their encampments.