Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

300 polymer bundle alert? Why not 3000?

Pyradus

Just now, CapnToaster said:

30,000?

This would be far too much.

3000, that would be okay. I mean, Polymer bundles are fairly easy to farm anyway. I do not see an issue with getting 300 per alert.

Why do you want them to increase the amount in the alert?

(feedback should be constructive, this is not)

I would quite like the alerts to give more. 3000 seems reasonable. I wont complain about getting 300 per alert though (assuming it is a capture or something easy).

I can fairly easily run a 20 minute mission and get upwards of 3-4k polymer bundles.

2 minutes ago, KuroShiranui said:

Right now the alert seems to only cater for new players

I am of the opinion that most alerts are more or less aimed at new players. How many alloy plates do you put on alert to cater for someone with 2 million of them? The amount would be substantial (and probably game changing) for a new player.

2 minutes ago, CapnToaster said:

like others say in comparison to Oxium alert.

It does seem somewhat odd, yes. But only if you base it on rarity. I can get 200 oxium in 20 minutes, but 4000 Polymer bundles (I am being somewhat pessimistic) 

Take another approach. What amounts to you actually need of each? (this excluded consumables)

According to the wiki, you need similar amounts of Oxium and Polymer Bundles

Oxium - around 50k

Polymer Bundles - around 70k

Compare these numbers to Nano Spores, an item that drops in bundles of 3000 from alerts.

You need a total of around 300k nano spores.

When it is compared like that, it does seem to make sense that you would get 300 from the alerts for Oxium and Polymer Bundles.

I was recently farming both polymers and circuits, both are needed for frames in amounts of 10000+ and for reasons unknown you can get 1500+ circuits from alert rewards but polymers are awarded only in bundles of 300.

No reason for that both are low tier resources, can be easily farmed and both are required in huge amounts but only one can use alerts as viable source.

This is a bit offtopic but more rewards could be increased, getting 5k credits from high lvl bounty is kinda lame, credits would be ok as a reward but when I am already stuck at several millions of credits I am never going to use, and I am doing "end game" stuff some 5k is insult, if it was at least 50k or something .. you get the point ..

• 3 months later...

300 doesn't make sense, because you can easily get double the amount on any Uranus map, without boosters (with boosters a normal spy run without specifically farming nets me aprox.1.5k). Right now there is an alert open for 300 PB on Eris. Uranus comes way before Eris, there is just absolutely no reason to do the Alert, especially since you forfeit whatever the mission type would normally award you with, since it's an alert, so you are screwed twice, if you'd do the 300PB Alert.

3000, now that would be something different. Also, apart from what you need for Frames/Weapons, you need lots of PB if you like to use squad energy pads as well.

I'd say 3000 for an Alert mission is justified and not unreasonable.