Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orthos Prime To Be Changed!

GefestXXL

if anything would be changed, i think it would be that the Orthos prime should have identical stats to Orthos :p

as it is now, it's actually an overall downgrade, which is peculiar. i'd expect it to be the same, atleast. lol.

Orthos orthos prime and I do not see major differences - they are almost the same, here's Paris prime significantly exceeds its analog.Tak why Orthos prime almost the same?

3 meter long stick hanging out behind it is sad (

People call it the best charge damage melee and you want it buffed?

Actually it has a slower charge time than the normal version. Which is the only difference I can see, so it's in a unique position of being worse than its normal counterpart. Something needs to be changed about it.

As you said, "charge damage melee". Perhaps making the regular attack a bit stronger. That wouldn't hurt.

If that was the case, why would you ever use anything else?

If it has the best charge damage, and good regular attack damage, you'd probably be asking for a nerf.

No, I would rather have a prime weapon that is exactly the same as the normal version as far as stats go. Then the people who prefer the look of the prime version can use that. If not well there is the stock version for you to use. Only problem for me is that the Orthos Prime looks really bad compared to the stock version so there is no need for me to get it and not even for mastery points because leveling melee weapons is long and tedious and as if there isn't enough melee weapons for me to level up already.

Someone had an idea for it that I thought was interesting... Make it deal AP instead of Blade and Serrated Blade. Abject worse vs light infested, Abject Better vs all else. Would make it different without making it exactly "better"- as melee's often the best way to dispatch light infested in the first place.

Hell it'd be the first regular/prime where it'd be completely understandable to have both of them maxed, forma'd, and potato'd. Because they're situationally better than eachother.

If that was the case, why would you ever use anything else?

If it has the best charge damage, and good regular attack damage, you'd probably be asking for a nerf.

It was just a suggestion. Besides, a lot of the melee weapons are already useless compared to the 3 maybe 4 that everyone uses.

Please don't change orthos prime to AP, we got fang from that same set that's AP, and my favorite use of orthos is to spam normal attacks vs light infested and watch them all die.

But right now Orthos and Orthos Prime are exactly the same weapon :/

Also, fang is single target and short range, but uber-spammy and has much higher mobility on the spin attack. Completely different from an AP Orthos.

By making the Orthos Prime do AP instead, you give it an identity, and give people a reason to have both regular and prime in their inventories- because the weapons would serve different roles. The regular orthos would still do just as well as it always has against light infested.

And tbh, just add a fire mod and you'll burn through Light Infested just as easily with a pure AP weapon (as the Despair have proved).

Edited by TheBlueJelly

The only thing i would add to Orthos Prime (to differentiate it from Orthos without making it clearly OP) is the KD on jump attack...

then why would anyone use a gram p.e.?

orthos has already bigger range and hits 5 targets, if it had a KD it would be the best heavy melee weapon.

if anything, just add 1 additional max target (6) OR eliminate the dead angle, or add a bit (1m) range.

then why would anyone use a gram p.e.?

orthos has already bigger range and hits 5 targets, if it had a KD it would be the best heavy melee weapon.

if anything, just add 1 additional max target (6) OR eliminate the dead angle, or add a bit (1m) range.

ofc none would use the gram... nor any other weapon to be honest :p

the fact is... charged meele have very standard features... going higher in 1 of them would make that single weapon "the one to have" basically erasing the rest.

It will be hard to balance out without creating a huge 'crack' in the balance...