The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Sentinels?

frogs2345

I'm wondering if anyone has had this idea before but we need more in-depth sentinel ideas.

Mini-Moa sentinel:

A miniature moa sentinel the follows you around on foot instead of flying. Having higher damage and more armor, it would cause  it to be much slower and susceptible to knockdowns and stun attacks.  This would pretty much be a support sentinel as it could lay down fire while you are reviving a team mate and provide a distraction while fighting bosses. It would be about 1/2 to 2/3 the size of a normal moa and its speed would be about 2/3 of a tenno.It would have these abilities.

Shockwave: Much like a shockwave moa it would have a stomp attack that would have a large cooldown and small radius that would knockdown smaller enemies, and larger enemies with upgrades.

Heat Beam: It would stop its normal attacks and deploy a heat beam, like a fusion moa, that lasts for a few seconds and does medium damage. medium range and does slight armor pierce.

Primary weapon: A shotgun or laser rifle( similar to the dera). A shotgun because no sentinel has one, but a laser rifle to stick with a corpus type lore.

Cost resources: Double or triple that of a normal sentinel because of its size and requires a special part of a           moa( chassis or barrel of gun) dropped rarely(0.15%) by fusion moas and shockwave moas. This would be to reduce the amount of people who could obtain this readily( so we don't see mini-moas on day one).

I will add more ideas as I think of them and feedback is appreciated.

I don't think they are going to add any sentinels that don't fly

This^

Walking sentinels would simply be useless. The pathing where you jump over a ledge and the sentinel would have to find a way to you while you get shot to pieces....

The bullets that are meant for your partners ground sentinel are hitting you because you stand unfortunatly between the lines.... A walking sentinel would bring more problems with it than it would solve, so nope thanks....

Edited by Venarge

What if the moa could be equipped with sentinel wings so that he could float when necessary?

It wouldnt change a thing. There would have to be a script that tells the sentinel every last possible way to follow the player. And since players always find new ways this wouldnt be something that can be solved. And the sentinel would still be annoying for others who stand in its line of fire.... just no....

This^

Walking sentinels would simply be useless. The pathing where you jump over a ledge and the sentinel would have to find a way to you while you get shot to pieces....

The bullets that are meant for your partners ground sentinel are hitting you because you stand unfortunatly between the lines.... A walking sentinel would bring more problems with it than it would solve, so nope thanks....

I was thinking they could make it follow you by jumping over ledges and using zip lines like a tenno. I have already seen moas jump over ledges by themselves following one of my team mates. Plus they could just modify( assuming this is written in an object oriented language) the moa AI to follow you but attack others.

I was thinking they could make it follow you by jumping over ledges and using zip lines like a tenno. I have already seen moas jump over ledges by themselves following one of my team mates. Plus they could just modify( assuming this is written in an object oriented language) the moa AI to follow you but attack others.

Moa jump from special jump points that have been made for NPC´s. They will follow you, yeah. But its not what a sentinel should do. He should be at your side at all times. Thats why it is an sentinel. And moas cant jump over every ledge at every point. Adding something like this would still be more work than it would benefit because these creatures would just be in everybodies way.

Moa without legs sitting right on your shoulder. It could do what other sentinels do, fire a lasor beam, use normal lasor, or a railgun attack. A button should be added to deattach the moa so it could follow you on his feet. Or tell him to stay at one spot and kill stuff. Opinions please!

Moa without legs sitting right on your shoulder. It could do what other sentinels do, fire a lasor beam, use normal lasor, or a railgun attack. A button should be added to deattach the moa so it could follow you on his feet. Or tell him to stay at one spot and kill stuff. Opinions please!

That could be an idea! I like that, it could also attach on to your back like a backpack if you wanted to wall run or jump over a ledge.

GRINEER ROLLER. Nuff said, prepare your seat belts for the most annoying sentinel.

I love it, i also thought of this but it would just be useless. It would have no ranged attack. Still funny though.

That could be an idea! I like that, it could also attach on to your back like a backpack if you wanted to wall run or jump over a ledge.

I love it, i also thought of this but it would just be useless. It would have no ranged attack. Still funny though.

Thanks for the positive feedback :3

I also thought of it being on your back and act like a mini jetpack that allows a small double jump.

I would love to have a corpus osprey sentinel, but instead of the stuff that ospreys do, he should fire lazer beams and do railgun moa attacks

I never thought of that, That would be great. And all of these could have skins that make them look like the bosses( Ambulas for moa and Raptor for osprey).

The main problem with walking followers is the amout of parkour in the game. If you jump a giant gap there really isnt a good way to have him follow you.

We've had several ideas for  this like above, but these are viable. It could mimic all motions, straps or climbs onto your back, or pull a grineer super jump and fly through the air like a majestic flightless bird.

It'll be really useful when stunning your clan mates in duels.<Trolled>