Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rename Iron Skin To Something More Appropriate

SicSlaver

Crystal Skin probably would be more suitable. Or Glitter Coating as some else has suggested. Diamond Skin would be fine too. Actually the effect looks more like a crystalline dermal infection.... Crap that's nasty. Shouldn't have thought of that.

Any suggestions? Please be serious about this. 

Ferro-armour skin

Upon activation the Rhino frame charges it's outer shell with electricity, whilst releasing the ferrofluid stored in containers on certain parts of the frame. Once the fluid covers the entre frame, it is hardened with a concentrated charge of energy. Ferro-armour skin lasts until a certain damage treshhold is exceeded. Refining the systems allows the Rhino to apply a more effectively concentrated charge, and thus increasing the damage treshhold.

If the damage treshhold is exceeded, the ferro-armour returns to it's liquid state, and is guided back into the storage containers with high efficiency.

I think "iron" is just a connotation of the toughness. I never interpreted as being a skill that literally coated Rhino in iron. "Crystal Skin" sounds more fragile than tough. "Diamond Skin" sounds nice, though a stickler for scientific accuracy might point out that diamonds are hard but not very tough. 

Guys, we're not trying to reinvent the skill and we can't use copyrighted materials for a new name.

I think "iron" is just a connotation of the toughness. I never interpreted as being a skill that literally coated Rhino in iron. "Crystal Skin" sounds more fragile than tough. "Diamond Skin" sounds nice, though a stickler for scientific accuracy might point out that diamonds are hard but not very tough. 

Iron isn't even considered tough in fiction. Even plain old steel is stronger.

Guys, we're not trying to reinvent the skill and we can't use copyrighted materials for a new name.

Iron isn't even considered tough in fiction. Even plain old steel is stronger.

Tougher than a diamond at least. 

Besides, steel is an alloy of iron.

Crystal Skin probably would be more suitable. Or Glitter Coating as some else has suggested. Diamond Skin would be fine too. Actually the effect looks more like a crystalline dermal infection.... Crap that's nasty. Shouldn't have thought of that.

Any suggestions? Please be serious about this. 

Diamond skin.

Super future diamond spike skin, obviously.

I like Diamond Skin

Guys, Diamond Skin is already a mod: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Diamond_Skin

I'm fine with Iron Skin. The only other name I think would really match without sounding dumb would be Steel Skin, but to me it just sound as nice.